Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MAN IS MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD..

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:50 pm

[quote]How did that disaster occur?[/quote]

Oh it hasnt occured yet unless someone is talking from Jahanama which I seriously doubt ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 pm

Dowlad

Lets stick to the facts shall we? DD said God discovered him. Are you saying God couldnt find DD?

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:11 pm

^Son, I do not think you're even close to the meaning of "fact". Embarassed

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:18 pm

Dowlad

The opinions of those less blessed than us, no matter how inconsequential the effort, is always greatly appreciated.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:58 pm

[quote="Galol"]How did that disaster occur?[/quote]

while laying pipe...

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:02 pm

Slight,

This is a Mormon quote, although I can't quite place the source:

"As man is, God once was; and as God is, man may yet become."

One persistant image in Mormon theology is an adult male balled up in the fetal position, waiting to be born as a God.

Besides Yahweh and Elohim in the Bible, there is a third name given for God. It is El Shadai, God the Father. It is thought that successful Mormon males will go on after death to create their own worlds and father children there.

To Christians in general, but to Mormon's in particular, mankind are the children of God and share His potential. This does not make God any less great.

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:04 pm

DD

Bleedin hell was he in the ditch? Did you dig God up?

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:17 pm

Galol,

Yes, had to dig up God with my heavy-duty drill tools and experiencing the sheer force of the payload rush to the surface was exhilarating to put it midly. Unfortunately though, didn't find any gold. Only indescribable being with 5 appendages.

Grant,

Isn't El the head God Ugaritic god pantheon, presiding over 70 minor gods of which Yahweh and Elohim are just but 2?

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:22 pm

DD

Istagfurullah..are you saying God has things on him? 5 things, and lives in ditches? Does that mean he is no longer cooped up in the Arsh on the Seventh sky? Explain yourself yaa Kaafir?

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:25 pm

DD,

Elohim literally means "the gods". El is just Hebrew for god. As far as I am aware, El Shadai is simply another name for Yahweh.

I don't know a thing about any Ugaritic pantheon.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:32 pm

Galol,

You should exercise a modest restrain over your irrepressibly wild mind or as can be seen by all it'll lead you up sleazy, seedy, sordid dimly-lit alleys that's no good for you. Istaaqfura'laah indeed. God was very nice to me, I've already over indulged you by sharing my experience with GOD, kindly go back to your senile plaintive moaning self.

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:58 pm

DD

God has alleways that are dimly lit? What is wrong with his electricity company? Subhanallah. And what exactly do you mean he has been nice to you? Did he share his wisdom with you from the...ditch? Or perhaps he just decided not to put your worthless, baruurless Somali arse on his holy barbeque? I dont blame him I would rather have chicken than Somali on my barbeque any day.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:17 pm

.........double post
Last edited by Gedo_Boy on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:19 pm

SomaliLight,

LOL @ Dar us Salaam Publications..........

First of all the Quran says (sura shuura, aya 11):

"There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. "

All attributes of God are described to us in a language we can understand, so our understanding of hands, feet, kursi, carsh are all restricted to our mode of understanding.

Mathematically, when you restrict yourselves to a certain amount of dimensions, you lose some ability to convey information..........For example, we live in a 3-dimensional world (x,y,z), how could you convey depth-perception (z-coordinate) to something with no ability to percieve depth, only understands (x,y) Confused Confused Confused

Current research in physics/mathematics has established that there are at least 11 dimensions, most of which we have completely no intellectual intuition about.......these realms are not known to us.........so the physical world is not all that there is to know........we can't know everything through instrumentation & measurement devices........there's only so much current, voltage, pressure etc. can tell us.

The above-mentioned ayah in Arabic is actually more interesting and has far more implication.......

The Arabic is: "Laysa ka mithlihii shay'an wa huwa asameecul baseer"

In Arabic, the 'ka' functions as a comparator, similar to 'like'........

But so is 'mithlihi' in that ayah.........so why are those two combined when one would be enough to serve as a comparator ???

It is implying that there is NOTHING LIKE, ANYTHING LIKE ALLAH.........

You are like any other girl in terms of your attributes, I could compare another girl to you simply by describing everything about you but changing the attributes...........you are like that girl, but she is shorter, you are darker, she has bigger eyes, you have smaller lips etc.

This can't be done with Allah...........If you were capable of describing Allah, there would be nothing in the Heavens and Earth that you could use to describe Allah to someone.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.