Page 1 of 1

SOMALI WARLORDS FLEE STRONGHOLD, AS ISLAMISTS CLOSE IN

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:48 am
by fagash_killer
ALLAH AKBAR ALLAH AKBAR WHAT A GREAT DAY

VIVA LA ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA

THOSE WHO DIED FOR THEIR COUNTRIE AND DIIDN WONT BE FORGOTTEN FOR HIS HISTORICAL DAY

Jowhar - Three United States-backed Somali warlords on Tuesday fled their last remaining stronghold of Jowhar, to where they had escaped after being routed in Mogadishu by Islamic fighters, an AFP correspondent witnessed.

Mohamed Afrah Qanyare and Issa Botan Alin - who were evicted from the capital last week - and local warlord Abdu Nure Said left Jowhar, about 90km north of Mogadishu, in a convoy of pick-up trucks mounted with machine guns - known as technicals - and headed further north.

Residents said the warlords fled to Qanyare's hometown in the central Somali region of Galgudud.

"We have reports that the warlords are running away because the Islamic fighters are coming in," a resident told AFP.

They said the sporadic gunfire heard earlier in Jowhar had been meant to clear the road for the warlords, who lost most of the Somali capital last week to gunmen loyal to the Joint Islamic Courts.

Months of clashes between the rival alliances have claimed hundreds of lives in Mogadishu.

Their hasty exit left Jowhar within striking distance of the Islamists, who have been steadily approaching from the neighbouring Balad town, 60km to the south, according to residents.

An AFP correspondent reported that gunmen loyal to Mohamed Dheere, the warlord who controls Jowhar, remained in the front-line ready to defence this dusty outpost that once served as the seat of the transitional federal government.

Residents said the town had been very tense in recent days as militiamen loyal to Dheere - who is reported to be in Ethiopia - reinforced their defences ready to tackle Islamic militia.

Nearly 350 people were killed and more than 2 000 wounded, many of them civilians, in four months of bloody battles for Mogadishu between the victorious Islamic militia and the US-backed Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism (ARPCT).

The Islamists' victory has sparked fears of a Taliban-like takeover, with the forcible imposition of Sharia law and radical Muslim policies that could breed terrorists.

Since taking over the capital the courts have tried to enforce a ban on secular films and watching the ongoing World Cup football finals. - Sapa-AFP

2006-06-14

Source: IOL

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:50 am
by fagash_killer
Maxakamdaha waxey qadeen dagaal oo aan cadi aheeyn, mid sidaas loo diyaargareeyey lama arkin ka dib dagaaladi ay soomaliay lagashay etobia.


..Jowhar waxayna wararku sheegayaan in dagaal labo afle ah ay saaka qaadeen maxkamadaha oo ay ka kala galeen dhinaca garoonka degmada iyo dhinaca soke, waxaana Macalin Xaashi oo ka mid ah saraakiisha sar sare ee maxkamadaha islaamigu uu sheegay in ay haatan ku sugan yihiin xerada Kongo isla markaana ay gudaha u sii galayaan degmada Jowhar... harardhere


..Maleeshiyada Maxkamadaha ayaa labada dhinaca Magaalada Weerar kaga soo qaaday,iyadoo dagaalkan uu ahaa mid muddo badan la diyaarinayay... midnimo


3 goobood oo dhinacyada magaalada iyo bartamaha magaalada Jowhar ayuu ka soconayaa dagaalka shabellenews

..iyagoo dhowr jiha ka soo galay dhinaca Jowhar sidaasna ugu suura gashay in ay gacanta ku dhigaan magaalada Jowhar..
dayniile(propaganda)

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:57 pm
by salafi_student
Muslim killing another Muslim should be a sad day!!