Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U.S. Troops Accused of Killing Iraq Family

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:47 pm

[quote="MAD MAC"]They're addictive, aren't they? Somalis, can't live with them, can't without them. Can't help loving them, even though they're nuts.[/quote]

Man, aint that the truth though. Sad but true! Laughing

Reb' "Cadaan" = white Very Happy

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:49 pm

Thanks Mike. Can I say 'I am Somali brown' or you just can use with 'white'

And the 'white' as a race or as a colour of the skin? My mom is white and has blue eyes but she is not white as an europian and American.

michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:56 pm

White as in colour. I don't know of any word for brown though. But in your mom's case it would be two fold. It could be "cadaan" (her complexion) or Arab (her race). If i'm wrong, im sure someone here will correct me. Laughing

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Rebel
I am an American soldier who fought in Somalia from 92-94. That's when I fell in love with the Somalis. My Somali language skills suck, unfortunately. But I am way into the politics of the place. Food can't be beat either. And I used to live with a Somali women - best women in the world! Can't go wrong marrying a Somali.

So yes, to answer your question I am white. A Somali in Mog started calling me Somali cadaan and it just caught on.

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:14 pm

Mike, mother's case, she is white in colour but her race she is an Arab if there is an Arab race to begin with. looool I always thought we all one race but different ethnically.

MAD MAC, I have an African American friend. He works in an American base here. He is civilian though but you can imagine how locals look at him when we go to shopping mall. When my grandfather knew I have him as a friend he had like this face Evil or Very Mad and how you can be a friend with an enemy! Took me ages to explain to him that: a) He is Muslim converted. b) He is civilian and if we take every one works in the American bases here as anemy then there are many locals work there. You are really hated here. I mean Americans when I say 'you'.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:24 pm

Rebel
Can you tell me where "here" is? I assume somewhere in the Middle East.

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:40 pm

Yes, to be specific, I am from one of small Persian Gulf states, but shhh we call it Arabian Gulf Very Happy

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:35 pm

Now, if this same guy was not a Muslim, would he still be your friend?

Assume it's Bahrain or UAE.

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:05 pm

Yes. Still I would be friend with him. If we click in personal level and there are common intrests I am for it. I don't choose my friends according of their religion. But I meant society frown over it. I don't care about society all i care is my family and i know how to convince my point of views.

I wouldn't be friend with him if he was alcoholic or does some sort of life styles i disaproof (this also goes muslim or none muslim friend). But I can't hate some one because of their personal believes. I can discuss with them to understand our diffrences and work on other things we agree with.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:24 am

Our personal views are not that far apart then.

biko
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby biko » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:17 am

[quote="Aiman"][quote="biko"]good!!!...arabs should be annihilated from the face of the middle east...[/quote]

[quote="Adanna"]Just one family Question[/quote]

[quote="Adanna"]If it "could be" the works of the big satan..howcome iraqi groups are so keen on taking the creds for it? For ex..murdering of 50-something police aspirants, and lining their dead bodies on the road--*shaking my head*

i'm merely saying..that american soilders (or brittish for that matter) are as brutal as some of the iraqis[/quote]

After reading the above garbage I have come to conclusion that their are some elements of the western puppets among us.

How could a true believer not showing emotions of a fellow Muslims cold blooded murderd but rather trying to justify the kuffar actions.[/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i came to the conclusion that there are some alement of hairy arabs worshipers but too dumb to see it.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:17 am

MAD MAC,

Exactly what is it about Somalis that you find interesting?

Also, living in Somalia for a while, what parts could you agree/disagree w/ Gerald Hanley's WARRIORS: Life & Death Among the Somalis.

I heard somewhere Somalis are like the Irish.......fiercely proud, hopelessly poor. Laughing

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:52 am

Hanley's description of at least some Somalis as great marksman is hard to believe. They are the worst marksman I have ever seen in my life. Which shouldn't be surprising since good marsmanship requires good pratice, which requires ammunition to practice with. Poor Somalis harbor ammunition to fight with, not practice with.

I did agree with his description of toughness. Somalis growing up in the bush are tough. Very tough.

So much for Hanley. I found Somalis to be terribly friendly. I found the political environment fascinating. I found the women to be enchanting and beautiful. I also loved the cuisine. Furthermore, I am a violent man. I have to admit I enjoyed the fighting. It was the perfect place for me. I lived in a tent, but I loved every minute I was there.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:20 am

I missed where he said they were good marksmen.......I haven't seen any evidence of that........mounting anti-aircraft weapons on a Jeep is certainly not "surgical precision"

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:22 am

He writes about it with the Midgan guy shooting the buffalo. I think there was some hyperbole there.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.