Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marriage, Divorce, Marriage Cycle

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
maria from west side
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby maria from west side » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 am

Laughing

True!

michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:07 pm

Inflexibility, and an unwillingness to change.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Michael... Ever heard:

WHEN A MAN MEETS A WOMAN, HE HOPES SHE NEVER CHANGES

WHEN A WOMAN MEETS A MAN, SHE HOPES HE WILL CHANGE.

There lies the crux of the issue

michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:12 pm

Damn! That's spoh' ohn mahn. Laughing

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:49 pm

Mickey, i heard that quote from an Senior Citizen who comes to my cousin's gas station all the time. He is an old school pimp with a girlfriend who is 40 years younger than him. He shares his Pimpness wisdom with young cats like me.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:10 pm

It was explained to me this way:

The lady's parents make the first marriage.

The second marriage is either made or approved of by the parents or brothers.

For a third marriage, a woman knows more what SHE wants and is more free to choose among the availables.

I would also point out that the traditional Somali divorce, "Wahaan ku furiya", three times in front of witnesses, is all too easy.

I will say that I don't see that the situation has changed. Most of the people I knew in the sixties were single. I knew twice as many couples in the midst of divorce than I did those happily married. Of those that were married, two out of three involved an older wife, ill or past menopause, and a younger wife.

I concluded that Somali marriages just tend to be messy. I am pretty sure the divorce rate is higher among Somalis than generally in the West.

ABSAME'
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ABSAME' » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:16 pm

[In Conclusion--- Divorce & Marriage -while the rest of the world has a 50%-50% range of divorces--Somalis have a range of 80%- 80 % Divorce--rate---that is of course --because of the lack of maturity-- the restriction of culture & influence of our religion.(No dating or sleeping with each other is allowed before marriage).]

A stupid love asked me once, "Do Somali girls have sex before they marry" I said Hell yeah. Her question came in surprise in the middle of my answers to the last sex I had with a girl.

Unfaithfulness, incompatibility, and lower socio-economic status lead to divorces. Women suffer the most since they have to bear with frustration and very low income thus resorting to becoming promiscuous.

usagichan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby usagichan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:54 pm

[/quote]Unfaithfulness, incompatibility, and lower socio-economic status lead to divorces. Women suffer the most since they have to bear with frustration and very low income thus resorting to becoming promiscuous.[quote]

Rolling Eyes To each his own but we are all accountable for our action if only we 'd remember that.

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:03 pm

[quote="Grant"]It was explained to me this way:

The lady's parents make the first marriage.

The second marriage is either made or approved of by the parents or brothers.

For a third marriage, a woman knows more what SHE wants and is more free to choose among the availables.

I would also point out that the traditional Somali divorce, "Wahaan ku furiya", three times in front of witnesses, is all too easy.

I will say that I don't see that the situation has changed. Most of the people I knew in the sixties were single. I knew twice as many couples in the midst of divorce than I did those happily married. Of those that were married, two out of three involved an older wife, ill or past menopause, and a younger wife.

I concluded that Somali marriages just tend to be messy. I am pretty sure the divorce rate is higher among Somalis than generally in the West.[/quote]

Grant

You were either in a different Somalia or you are distorting info for a purpose.

Every Somali in here acknowldged and asserted the low divorce rate in Somalia prior to the Somali exodus into the diaspora and here you are telling us that it was always like that. Are you telling us about our own country and our own households and our own parents?

The last two lines in your message sound subliminal hate and carry a lot of rage towards Somalis. It is common knowledge that no one can compete the West when it comes to dysfunctional families and divorce, which sometimes ends in murder and here you are comparing!!!!. I am begining to suspect your motive of visiting S-net, lately, you have been doing nothing but inciting ppl and downgrading Somalis. I gave you the benefit of the doubt but you are proving an ace student of Mad Mac. I hope you tone down your note a tad bit

ABSAME'
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ABSAME' » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:17 pm

[quote="usagichan"][/quote]Unfaithfulness, incompatibility, and lower socio-economic status lead to divorces. Women suffer the most since they have to bear with frustration and very low income thus resorting to becoming promiscuous.[quote]

Rolling Eyes To each his own but we are all accountable for our action if only we 'd remember that.[/quote]

And we pay the price of our mistakes.

Daanyeer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Daanyeer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:28 pm

I AGREE with mudane Lug-Cutter. Our problem is CATCOPY mentality.

'i SEE others WEDDING so I' , 'I SEE others DIVORCING so I'

As MARYOOLEY say 'SHALLAYTADU dub ayey DOORATAA'

Most of the GIRLS lose their POTENTIAL real Farah through their SUURO and END up with DIVORCE led by ABUSE. Ask it any divorced halimo with EMOTION.

....... I am the MASTER of my chest; i am the CAPTAIN of my fist....

Ur Brother With Intellectual Glasses In S'net !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYY Col\Prof Daanyeer YYY

Axlaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Axlaan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:55 pm

Indeed its a sad thing...married today, divorced tomorrow. Maybe the whole concept of SEX b4 Marriage isn't so bad, cuz it seems like most of us get married due to our horniness. If we eliminate that factor and get to know our partner sexually Laughing Laughing than maybe we can work on the other issues.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:30 pm

Absame i dont have time to respond to your post -- but I WILL inshallah! U mister---are a naughty filthy Ogaden ! Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:29 pm

Sir Luggoyo,

We went through this one time before when you tried to claim that there were multiple old mosques in Jilb and that the athan would have been universally heard. You were wrong then and you are wrong about the marriages in Jilib now. In 1966-67, you were not there, and if you have heard otherwise, your source is wrong.

Did you miss this quote from Basra?

"In Conclusion--- Divorce & Marriage -while the rest of the world has a 50%-50% range of divorces--Somalis have a range of 80%- 80 % Divorce--rate---that is of course --because of the lack of maturity-- the restriction of culture & influence of our religion.(No dating or sleeping with each other is allowed before marriage)."

Hate and rage are pretty strong words and certainly don't apply to my feelings towards Somalis, either individually or as a people. What is beginning to get on my nerves is the atitude that if I say something contradictory to what you say or want to believe, that I must be against you, or at the very least, be somewhat evil. I find that extraordinarily closed-minded and parochial.

I have yet to catch Mac in a lie, and I do share many of his attitudes, including his Deist faith. I have come to respect him and I do consider his posts a valuable counterweight to some of the cheerleading that passes for information around here. But, for what it's worth, I think I have sufficient age, experience and education to have come to my atitudes on my own.

I reported truthfully what was said to me and what I saw and experienced for myself. I stand by my report.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:59 am

Grant????

Why do u sound suspiciously begging for the approval of Sir Lug?? There is a sense of whimpiness in your weak tone of voice that i dont like.This little sissy ninny tone fearing a Pseudo lion in the den of hell.Neither do i like that jew old mans face on your avatar. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Back to the reason i am writing to you--

What is wrong with my quote??

"In Conclusion--- Divorce & Marriage -while the rest of the world has a 50%-50% range of divorces--Somalis have a range of 80%- 80 % Divorce--rate---that is of course --because of the lack of maturity-- the restriction of culture & influence of our religion.(No dating or sleeping with each other is allowed before marriage)."

I do hope --Grant-- u didn't mis-interpret what i meant.I know--you as an atheist--will take any little idea that has even the slightest minicule of support for your Godles cause of belittling our beautiful Islam! Sorry to spoil this little delussion u have concocted in your mind -no doubt you-- took the last part 'religion influence' --as a negative fact towards our religion.Certainly let me be direct. Our religion influence us to live the right' path-- the purity path--thus this influence--makes us NOT fornicate or do adultry like your folk do-- we get married.Now -Somalis--i am sure beging with this good intent of getting married as instructed by Islam--but then they abuse the privilage by not doing their homework on the institution.Our religion influence per se is NOT a major factor towards the divorce but rather a small fact abused by Somalis who DONT follow the guidelines & instructions of our beautiful & ONLY RIGHT RELIGION!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.