Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Woman sues former lover for not marrying her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Daanyeer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Woman sues former lover for not marrying her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Daanyeer » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Source:thestar

Tuesday November 21, 2006

By CHRISTINA KOH

IPOH: She claimed that she had sex with him 31 times on the belief that they were in love and would marry.

She denied having any ill intention when she recorded the date and place of each sexual encounter from 1998 to 2001.

“I had a sexual relationship with him because I loved him. I thought our relationship was special,” said legal clerk S. Nagamah, 38, who is suing her ex-boyfriend R. Punnosamy, 40, for not marrying her.

Nagamah, who claims to have suffered shame and mental anguish, is asking for aggravated damages, exemplary damages, costs and compensation for assault.

Cross-examined by Punnosamy’s lawyer, Abdul Malik Matjudi, Nagamah disagreed that she kept the records of their sexual encounters to prevent him from “running away from me.”

”He deceived me,” she said, adding that Punnosamy had given no sign or warning during their four-year relationship that he would fail to keep his promise.

She testified that Punnosamy had slapped her when he went to her office on July 11, 2002, forcing her to seek outpatient treatment.

During re-examination by lawyer S. Muthuveeran, Nagamah said in the Indian community, it is believed that a couple would not have a perfect marriage if the girl had lost her virginity beforehand.

“By right, a woman is to tell her would-be husband about her background before marriage. I turned down two other marriage proposals for this reason,” she said.

Punnosamy, a legal office administrator, said they were never a couple and that she was “only a friend.”

He denied that he had promised to marry her, saying it was always Nagamah who contacted him and asked him out.

Punnosamy, who had earlier denied in his testimony that he had slept with Nagamah, admitted that he had sexual relations with her “more than 20 times” but only because she had wanted it.

“I accept her as a friend, nothing else. I never said that I loved her or arranged any engagement ceremony,” he added.

He admitted that he slapped Nagamah because she had threatened his fiancée at a tuition centre in Teluk Intan.

Judicial Commissioner Mohd Azman Husin fixed Feb 6 for decision.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.