Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do I look like a Majerten hater?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Cilmiile
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cilmiile » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Ashlee,

You are a little pitbull arent you? You fight about anything and everything. Including about Bob Rae. Damn Shocked

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Sxb you know well that I am Unclebin and I ain't no girl. Have I gotten under your skin? Very Happy

"First, all I wanted was to disprove the false claims that Durrile makes against Warsangeli"

Fair enough. But the manner in which you discredit MJ and the sultunates is extremely fallicious and down right xasid liban. You could have done it in another Manner.

" am not denying Majerteen their place, but I dislike when things are exaggerated beyond limits"

But yet you make outlandish statements like " SULDAAN OF SOMALILAND" and "he had nominal rule over Majerten clans " and much more? You have the audacity to say such things. Laba wajiiileyahoow Laughing

"MJ as if they are the royal family of Somalia "

In real lineage of Daroods the Oldest son is kablalax then its koombe then it Goes down to Maxamed aka MJ. Now how is he not the ROYAL FAMILY OF ATLEAST DAROOD?

Even by your selection of the following I ca see were your deception lies Laughing "At times, we were successful together and at time we endured self-defeats, ploys, and sanctions"

You defeated Mj's but you only self defeated yourselves probably due to disunity and the like thereof eh? Laughing Fukk outta here with your extreme bias Arrow

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Cilmiile

I clearly see bias about this topic. Not once in this topic was WARSANGELI MENTIONED. Yet he has the audacity to "BIG UP" his clan and put down others. Naaa ahhhh sxb. I got love from my people including all daroods. I don't big up myself and put down other Daroods........ Except maybe MAreehans Laughing (THATS Kaftaan for all you ilkoyars)

P.S BOB RAE IS MY HERO. I gurantee you he would garner my support if he became a Conservative Laughing

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:04 pm

[quote="Cilmiile"]Ashlee,

Usually I dont even acknowledge people who speculate about the identity of other forumers. It is a useless activity.

Whoever I am just deal with my arguments and history.

I am Daarood.

And if you call me Iidoor, iyagana kama fogi.

Let us stick to the content of our posts, not personalities and forum identities.

You are almost as bad as Lafo Lafo. But that guy is Muuse Abokor Habar Jeclo so it is understandable that he is a fool. What is your excuse?

Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Magaca Muse Abokor afka ka qaad hoyadaa siiilka spider-web ka leh ka wasse.

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:09 pm

^ SXB it was funny. Most Habar jeclo I know are a little different in the head Laughing

Cilmiile
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cilmiile » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:34 pm

Ben Tover,

DamalaXagare is saying that Habar Jeclo were Warsangeli slaves. What say u?

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:38 pm

Laughing Laughing

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "I speak of Africa and the golden years of joy" Shakespeare

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:38 am

[quote="Cilmiile"]DamallaXagare,

And that is the universally held belief among Somalis. Darbadaaley is, after all, a very famous poem. Cruttenden's account seems to bolster the oral record.[/quote]

Universally held belief is utterly wrong as I proved over and over. It was publicized in favor of Majerten through orally. The fact that Warsangeli hate speaking ill of their brethrens or discrediting the history of their brethrens maximized their pursuit to have a false historical advantage on their side.

For Cruttender, thank God, i have read it and is now in my possession. I mean the long 28 pages. I didn't see anywhere it bolsters the oral record. I would love to get from you a quote and a title of it, if there is an article different than the one I would address shortly after a brief summary.

In his long journal "On the Edoor Tribes and Darrood” 1843 by “Lt. Cruttend , Warsangeli is the only clan he describes into the sections they are divided. For instance, the Dubbais alone, he construes, are of numerous strength with the whole Majertein. Imagine our population being small that time, for instance, the whole Somalis, but the author asserts for the fact that Dubbais alone could provide an army of 5000 , very strong warlike and fierce in nature. He briefly describes Dhulbahante whom he says are fine martial race of men, but he doesn’t go into detail of their sub-divisions and their numerical strength. He cautions future travelers of the Warsanglei country and advises them to start their venturesome journey from Durduri to Las Gorei. The Dubaiss he says are of people of honesty and integrity. Theft is an insult and leads to severe punishment to whoever is implicated in. In commercial viewpoint, I posted the link of the compendium of his long article, which I would briefly quote his account of Warsangeli country and tribe. Nearly 8 out of the 28 pages is devoted to the abundance of myrrh and frankincense available in Warsangeli country.

Lt. Cruttend “ On the Edoor Tribes and Darrood” 1843

""The country of Our Singally (Warsangeli) may be described as lofty plateau of limestone mountains, precipitous to the north, and gradually sloping to the south. Between the mountains and the sea undulating the ranges occur, intersected by ravines, and thickly wooded; whilst the belt of level ground near the sea is thinly sprinkled with bushes, and exhibiting a plain of white sand. The Our Singally country extends from Bunder Zueedah to Bunder Jedid.
The tribe is powerful and warlike. Brothers of Mijjerthaine by the same mother, they gradually coalesce should war break out; but petty feuds and plunder are of frequent occurrence.
The Our Singally*<bringer of good news> are divided into several clans, of whom the following are the most important:--1st , Gerad Abdullah, the royal branch, from which the title of Gerad descends by hereditary right. They reside on the sloping southern side of the great mountain-range of Eyransid, or “the cloud bearer” . 2nd the Noah Omar, who are found at Bender Jedid. 3rd Ogeiss Lubbah, to whom belong two of the three villages of Las Gorei (Laas Qorei) 4th the Aden Said , at the village of Gahm, and the mountains above. 5th Mayedth resident at Door Deree, and lastly the numerous clans of Dubeiss, who occupy the town of Elayah, and extend to Bender Ziadah, where they join the Majerthaine.
The Our Singally have numbers of horses , and of good breed. With the exception of the tribe of Dubeiss, the arms used by them are the two spears and shield. The Dubeiss are nearly 5000 strong , and fight with bow and poisoned arrow alone. It is worthy of remark that in this tribe theft is looked upon with abhorrence; and though in the event of a wreck, the natives would doubtless consider it fair to plunder (Ma xoolo meel iska yaala ayaad deen leheed Laughing ) still during my stay amongst them, though many a tempting opportunity of pilfering occurred, not an article was lost. To call a man a thief is a deadly insult, to be washed out by blood alone. Pity it is that the Somali tribes of the Edoor have not the same prejudice in favor of honesty. (:lol:)

He continues,

………and again where Mijjerthein is spoken of as inferior to the western Somalis, few years of my experience has proved to me that the Mijjerthaine and Our Singally(Warsangeli) are immeasurably superior to those of Edoor. “
Last edited by DamallaXagare on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: &quot;I speak of Africa and the golden years of joy&quot; Shakespeare

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:57 am

[quote="Ashlee~"]Sxb you know well that I am Unclebin and I ain't no girl. Have I gotten under your skin? Very Happy

[/quote]

Don't freak me out Laughing

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:11 am

Damale Xagare,

"and again where Mijjerthein is spoken of as inferior to the western Somalis, few years of my experience has proved to me that the Mijjerthaine and Our Singally(Warsangeli) are immeasurably superior to those of Edoor. “"

Its was common knolwedge that Lieutenants Cruttenden was sent to begin with to disprove (Rigby's assertion) that the Daarood were inferior to the Idoor as it was the common view then.

"Report on the Mijjertheyn Tribe of Somallies inhabiting the district forming the North East Point of Africa" Lieut. C. P. Rigby

Concluded that the Harti tribes were inferior to the Idoor on their west,

Lieutenants Cruttenden tried naturally to prove otherwise, the common British wisdom then held that the Isaaq were much more superior then their Daarood counterparts till then , to concluded otherwise was novelty.

In his:

"Memoir on the Western or Edoor Tribes, inhabiting the Somali coast of North East Africa; with the Southern Branches of the family of Darood, resident on the banks of the Webbe Shebayli, commonly called the River Webbe"

He always tried to disprove Riby's initial finding and its only natural for a man who said there were only 2 river in Somalia Webi Jidali and Juba reiver to claim Daarood were superior the man couldn't tell the differeces between a proper river and a merer stream.
concluded that the Daarod were not inferior to the Isaaq contarary to the convintional wisdom.

Don't read to much into the remeraks of Europeans at the end of the day you are a Warsangali today's las qori population at most is 3000.

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:13 am

[quote="Cilmiile"]Ben Tover,

DamalaXagare is saying that Habar Jeclo were Warsangeli slaves. What say u?[/quote]

Niicniicle,

I say let Warsangeli be, all 20,000 of them.

As to your qurjiile little self stfu, ur women in adhicadeeye, yagoori, gumeys get raped on daily basis by Muse Abokor men. Free yourself from the MA occupation or get lost.

Very Happy

Jeffrey Dahmer
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Jeffrey Dahmer » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:11 am

Cilmiile, it is ironic that you initially vehemently accused me of mis-reading the text and once I have demonstrated your lack of comprehension in examing a simple paragraph, you decided to offer an excuse that you didn't attentively read the text. This happens when one decides to throw insults and accusations at the opponent in order to evade away from the argument.

Cilmiile, I have observed the course of this discussion and it heading in to a circular argument due the fact that you fail to acknowledge any evidence that is presented. DamallaXagare made the same remark. You continue to parade with 'universal acception version of history' but yet display ignorance in knowing the methodology of history and how it is observed. You haven't provided any credible historical accounts have used the tales of your brother as the source and reference of your 'his-story' whilst i have provided at least 3 credible and different sources which date from the time of the Obbia sultanate and in addition, I have provided an ancient map showing that even during the first Sultanate, each tribe had its own region. As for the Mareexaan country, Signor Robecchi perfectly stated that he CROSSED the country of the Mareexaan and perfectly describes what he saw which indicates that the country was not controlled by anyone except the Mareexaan. For argument's sake, let's assume that it was controlled, then it wouldn't add up since Obbia was under the Italian protectorate and the Mareexaan country would at least had the presence of some sort of Italian occupation but on the contrary, Signor Robecchi made it perfectly clear that the Mareexaans were fanatical Muslims who opposed any foreigners in their country. Actual page:

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5966/textqc7.gif

When Sultan Yusuf Ali established the small sultanate of Obbia, he asked for the protection of Italians and established a protectorate with them in 1889 (renewed in 1895 I believe) and which gradually lead to the establishment of the Italian colony. The italians occupied these areas and easily disarmed the sultanates in 1925 so that the territory could be incoporated into the Italian Somaliland.

In the Journal of the Royal African Society, Vol. 40 (1941), it states (see image):

//"Italian Somaliland. Originally Italy occupied this region by double tenure; by a protectorate over various small sultanates such as Obbia and Mijertein and leases from the Sultan of Zanzibar of the four towns of Brave, Merka, Mogadishu and Warsheikh......"//

Here is the image of page (underlined):
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4576/smalleh3.gif

I believe that I have contributed beyond sufficient evidence in this topic to shatter the revisonist belief of Cilmiile and co. I will thus list here all the materials that I have gathered so that anyone can look at it. I do not plan to engage in tiredsome circular arguments with Cilmiile and his petty insults to discredit me.

Evidences:

Somali Map Mid-ninetheenth century (Mareexaan controlls a larger land)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/88/somalimaprx7.gif

//"Signor Robecchi started on the first journey we propose to deal with, in 1889. The Italian gunboat Volturno landed him at Obbia on April 8th, 1890. He met there with a friendly reception on the part of Sultan Yusuf Ali. Obbia is a poor place, with an open roadstead. There are two stone houses and thirty-three hurts."//

And on another page (see annotated image):
//"Turning back to the coast, Signor Robecchi reached Obbia on May 20th. His reception by the Sultan was most cordial, but he strongly objected to his visitor going inland. In the end, however, Signor Robecchi was able to depart with sixteen camels, two hundred goats, and thirty-four men, making straight for the Webi. He crossed the country of the Marehan, who are Muslim fanatics and glory in killing an infiden (Smile). Their country is a tableland, lying between 1500 to 2000 feet above the sea, and covered with a dense grwoth of mimosas, acacias, and other aromatic and resinous plants -- a very "sea of verdure."//

Original page with underlined text
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5966/textqc7.gif

Journal of the Royal African Society, Vol. 8, No. 32, Jul., 1909 mentions this about the small sultanate of Yusuf Ali (see Image):
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8008/reference4xk3.gif

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:44 am

Jeffrey Dahmer = Xplaya. Typical isn't it? I have been calling him Qaniis for as long as i remember-- & he goes and gets a name so synonymous with a sick Qanis. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cilmiile
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cilmiile » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Jeffrey Dahmer(how repulsive that I am forced to address someone carrying the name of a Homosexual Cannibal)

QUOTE Cilmiile, it is ironic that you initially vehemently accused me of mis-reading the text and once I have demonstrated your lack of comprehension in examing a simple paragraph, you decided to offer an excuse that you didn't attentively read the text. This happens when one decides to throw insults and accusations at the opponent in order to evade away from the argument. UNQUOTE

I may not have read the entire text but my reply suitably rebuts your claims(Galgaduud and Webi are both far south of Nugaal). I unnderstood incorrectly that the Mareexaan land was in the Webi. Whereas Signor Robecchi merely crossed the Mareexaan on his way to the Webi. My original point, as illustrated by Durrill's passage from Cruttenden, is that Mareexaan lived further north than any of their present lands and were evicted by expansionary Cumar Maxamuud pressure.

In one response you justified Mareexaan vacation of the land as owing to the search for better climes. A move to the Webi would have accorded with that view. But the land Robecchi describes is Ximan aka Galgaduud and is the most desolate land in all of Somalia. The Marexaan evicted from Southern Nugaal eventually went to Bay and Gedo, in fact. Galgaduud was a source of emigrants not host to immigrants.

Let us not confuse the issue with extraneous matters like the Famine that took place in the Bari region to Warsangeli and Cismaan Maxamuud.

Let us set aside the Cumar Maxamuud expulsion of Mareexaan from Nugaal. That is a point of fact not in dispute.

Let us come to Galgaduud and Mareexaan. Were they ruled from Hobyo or not?

What do evidence do you have to refute this?

--That Hobyo was militarily weak with 50 soldiers Shocked

--That it was an Italian protectorate.

-That Signor Robecchi remarked that the Mareexaan hated infidels.

Let us deal with them one by one.

Hobyo was founded by Yuusuf Cali with 70, not 50, Cismaan Maxamuud and Hadramauti(Yemeni) soldiers. That doesnt mean that his army remained in that number. Or that his sultanate was confined to Hobyo. By the time the Italians came they expanded to Ceelhuur Ceelbuur and Gallaadi to the west. He had 7000 men under arms.

Even though he signed a treaty of Protection with the Italians, they had no real authority in Majeerteen lands. Although they habitually got their way in their negotiations with the Majeerteen sultans through distributive and coercive methods. That is by the payment of annual subsidies and if the Majeerteen monarchs proved recalcitrant, by gunboat diplomacy: the threat of bombardment from offshore vessels.

During this time the Italians were having great difficulty in pacifying the lower Shabeele where they lost men at Lafoole, killed by the Wacdaan. And later on during the Darwiish fighting they were engaged for 14 years by the Biyamaal guerrilla fighting.

In fact, the two Majeerteen sultans were their principal allies in Somalia from 1889 to 1924 and there was no Italian interference in their affairs which were highly autonomous. And for every favour they did the Europeans they exacted a high price. Witness Suldaan Yuusuf Cali's hard bargaining with the Italian and English when the latter wanted to use Hobyo to stage the landing for one of their expeditions against the Darwiishes led by General Manning.

If you read Robert Hess, Italian colonialism in Somalia, you will note that the two Majeerteen kings proposed that to raise and provision an army of 50,000 men if Italy was willing to provide their arms. They planned to use this army to Capture Ogaadeeniya from the Ethiopians and bring it under their dominion. They reasoned with the Italians that such a maneuver would ease their plan to colonize Ethiopia by opening two offensives against the Ethiopians, one from Eritrea and one from Somalia.

The Italians demurred and suffered a catastrophic defeat at Adua(birthplace of Zenawi).

Did Suldaan Yuusuf Cali control Mareexaan land? Did he have post offices and policemen and mucipal offices? No

Could another potentate infringe on these lands and the livestock it contained. No Way. It was war.

The Hobyo sultanate was about Trade and Money.

"In his treatment of his people the Sheekh at Hobyo was no less emphatic, for it was his pleasure to address them or to receieve their petitions by means of a hole in the wall at his palace. This Hole fascinated me from the moment that I knew what it was, and that it formed the medium of communication between the Sheekh and his subjects. it was in reality a window in the Audience Chamber of the Council House, and no larger than the box-office window in the vestibule of a theatre. Upon the many occasions thta I had passed it appeared to be closed, although a crowd of patient applicants waited without the pleasure of His Majesty. The Sheikh seemed to gloat over the clamour of their importunities. Indeed, the old man claimed something of the sanctity of Allah, and as he ordered the luckless miserables to bide his convenience, he was wont to puff his cheeks with satisfaction at so conspicuous an illustration of THE POWER OF HIS POSITION. This curious assertion of his dignity was his chief consideration, much as the turning of one piece of cloth into 100 times its value was his sole business. He lived to barter, and he enforced compulsory sales upon the people in order that he might acquire a goodly flock of goats, camels and cattle with which to enrich himself when the Arab merchants came from Aden and Mombasa in the trading season.

As the ruler of his own territory, his words were law in the land, and he confiscated what he wanted if his people would not sell it to him, while he was wise enough to see that he obtained for what he traded the price he demanded. In this way he secured for himself a profit of 100% for everything he sold. In this way, also, he waxed fat and opulent in a land that was barren and unfruitful, the one who among his people might be considered in any degree prosperous."

All the lands of Galgaduud and Mudug were the domain were his Laws and rapacious demands for livestock were enforced. And the man enforcing his writ was his famous General, the much feared and hated Maxamed Maxamuud Shabeel "Godogodo".

Jeffrey,

Our Somali history comes to us in two ways. The writings of early explorers and those of later colonialists. The other way that we come to receive our history is through the oral narratives.

The way properly to reconstruct early Somali history is to consult many written sources and check them against the recorded Oral Narratives that have come down from Somali elders.

In my modest scribblings I have given you a large amount of information to support my arguments. And to top it all off, I produced a corraborative information from oral Somali history and its received wisdom. The information of the Europeans is in perfect accord with the wisdom of our Oral narrative.

You cannot easily disregard the pronouncement of Axmed Faarax Cali Idaajaa, a member of the Somali Academy of Culture, Arts and Sciences, literary historian, Author, Linguist, Poet and the foremost chronicler and Recorder of Somali Oral History. On top of everything else he is a Mareexaan, and cannot be accused of Majeerteen bias and the promotion of false Majeerteen mythologies.

If you continue with this debate, I can also assume it is because you are being deliberately obtuse.

Fraternally yours

Cilmiile
Last edited by Cilmiile on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cilmiile
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cilmiile » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Damala Xagare,

I should have written Durrill's account via his American source, the soldier in the Egytian Army. Darbadaaley had yet to happen at the time of Cruttenden's visits.

DamalaXagare,

You havent told me anything new. The Warsangeli are intelligent people. Brave warriors. Wide and varied lands. Great Leaders.

I Knew all that. They are glorious. No surprise there. They are Daarood.

Be that as it may, The Majeerteen smoked you guys in Darbadaaley.

And the power of Sultanates eclipses yours. Bender Jadiid to Bender Siyaada?

How about Bender Siyaada to Kismaayo?

See what I mean?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.