Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arms Sanctions Lifted: But the Bigger Question is:

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Arms Sanctions Lifted: But the Bigger Question is:

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:34 pm

Who is going to foot the bill ?

1. Of the "peacekeeping forces" ?
2. Training the TFG forces
3. Arming the TFG

The TFG is broke and can't even pay its soldiers. So how will it afford to pay for 1 to 3 ?

The ICU has very strong finances:

1. Airports & Ports of Southern Somalia Revenues
2. Direct Cash Aid from the Arab Nations
3. Tax revenues from Southern Somalia's largest businesses
4. Strong base of clan affliated businesses like Hormuud Telecom, Shabelle media, Horn Afrik, etc.

The TFG doesn't need ARMs. What it needs are COLD HARD CASH ? I say FOCK the PEACEKEEPERS who will cost about $120,000 per peacekeeper (salary, food, healthcare, overhead etc).

The World Community should offer to pay each Somali Army soldier $300 per month and guarantee the payments are directly paid to them.

Somali Army can handle the ICU on their own and once $$$ are paid out, recruitment from all qabiils will happen because $300 is a fortune in Somalia.

So the $120,000 for 1 African peacekeeper, can pay for 400 Somali soldiers.

The TFG gains more bang for the dollar by using Somalis and also builds up its military for the future rather than outsourcing to African peacekeepers who will leave someday.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:42 pm

I'm sure there's a big debate in the TFG about that very same issue.

There are probably many within the TFG who want to make it a Somali affair with as little Ethiopian meddling as possible. The only thing those people want are the resources, the hardware, the international cover.

But then again Ethiopia might have reservations about a strong Somali military being built up with the international community footing the bill.

But perhaps it may go along with that if it sees the ICU as a mortal threat.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:08 pm

I spoke to a Tigreyan this afternoon who has strong reservations about entering a Somalia war. He sees too many internal enemies and this war would be harder to fight especially due to pressures from the Opposition and various rebel groups.

He says all Zenawi is postering & trying to create a classic wag the dog and use it to put down the opposition.

I would advise the TFG to go it alone and focus on getting aid & building capacity of its force. Zenawi's Ethiopian Army shouldn't worry too much about any future SNA because it would be a long time before Somalia becomes a military strength.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 pm

I agree - Zenawi is more concerned with the next 10 months more than the next 10 years.

The TFG's main problem now is lack of $$$. Money is power in Somalia.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:42 am

Gedo... With no $$, the TFG has been paralyzed.

If the Int'l community can better fund it and its Army, there is no need for peacekeepers.

$300/month will get all the right kind of men for the Somali Army.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:59 am

Gedo_Boy u fcuking dumb merehan, i bet said barre would be ashamed of u and ur qabil for becoming ethiopian puppets.

Face it ceyr tamed ur shhhhhity qabil known as merehan, we got u on lock Motherfcuker and we replaced u with our new partners ogaden.

R.I.P merehan Very Happy

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:41 pm

AW

Are you having second thoughts now??

The money will come from those who sponsored the resolution obviously plus few Europen nations and some Arabs who will jump on the wagon once America orders them to.

I dont think this will force the ICU into submission, but ...at least now they will realize that they cannot force 70% of somali population into accepting their extreme ideology.

We all need Islam and are muslims, but we also need an all inclusive government at this moment, where you have the Wadaads, the seculars and above all ministers that are qualified to do their jobs properly.
Not some Abu-Cuteyba rooboow or some qabil sponsored ina Qawdhan minister. Smile

Kramer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: At Cawar's house, watching TV while Ina Baxar is practicing nursing on Cawar!

Postby Kramer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:43 pm

The Ku Klax Klan of Darod, Hawiye and Isaq --will do some pay back for what they did to the horn of africa.
these Klans are the main herdal and obstacle to the progress and advancement of our great country --and unless eliminated the infamous klans will eliminate us.

remember this
"unless we eliminate the Klans, the Klans will eliminate us"

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:38 pm

[quote="Cawar"]AW

Are you having second thoughts now??

The money will come from those who sponsored the resolution obviously plus few Europen nations and some Arabs who will jump on the wagon once America orders them to.

I dont think this will force the ICU into submission, but ...at least now they will realize that they cannot force 70% of somali population into accepting their extreme ideology.

We all need Islam and are muslims, but we also need an all inclusive government at this moment, where you have the Wadaads, the seculars and above all ministers that are qualified to do their jobs properly.
Not some Abu-Cuteyba rooboow or some qabil sponsored ina Qawdhan minister. Smile[/quote]

Cawar... Do u think I am like Ashlee ?

I am simply asking legitamate questions. The TFG is full of incompentent men like Abdullahi Yusuf and Geedi. I am hoping the smarter ones will see the wisdom to invest any funds in developing internal security services instead of outsourcing it to some starving African

xoogSADE14
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby xoogSADE14 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 pm

AW

all those questions and more are been taken up by the ministry of defence and its experienced commanders.

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:44 pm

AW

YOU HUTU MONKEY YOUR A FLIP FLOPPING MONKEY DAMEEER.

I have one position and that is ISLAM before Ethiopia Arrow

xoogSADE14
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby xoogSADE14 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:46 pm

ISLAM before everything Idea

islamnimada markii axmaaraa soo socota la maqlo un in lala soo baxo diin ma'aha.

Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ugaas Diini » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:47 pm

Waa in lagu jihaadaa the TFG!

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Xoogsade,,, I might be in Baidoa in Feb, 2007. I will look up your cousin.

The key problem with the TFG are Geedi and Abdullahi Yusuf. Geedi has no friends or allies in his Hawiye tribe. Abdullahi Yusuf is paranoid and obessed with his fears.

The only two smart men I see are Ina Caydiid and Barre Hiiraale. They are able to think outside the notes given to Geedi and Abdullahi's hard headness.

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:49 pm

YES ISLAM BEFORE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. but most importantly I have no grudges against Ceyr and the whole nine yards of the hutu nation. If they attack xamar they are attack somaalinimo islaamnimo iyo my brothers in ISLAM and my mothers and my fathers and my gramps and my cousins and my PEOPLE.

You are just a blood thirsty revenge seeking bunch. I hope the ICU give a bloody nose to the baydhabo bunch Laughing Inshallah

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.