Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqooyi Accent

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Qaarxiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Waqooyi Accent

Postby Qaarxiye » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:28 pm

it kills me evertime................. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

check out this ruwaayad : http://youtube.com/watch?v=joFjJAOjeoc& ... ed&search=

I can Imagine samatr saying: Haaji samatr Ilkoole baa la'idhahaa, abahaay ilkoole baan donanaayaa, shan nin baa iskugu keey tagey. Laughing

Karbaash_killa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Karbaash_killa » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Drunk Idians eh??

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:30 pm

Who knows, the Waqooyi accent could be the original af-Somali..........

hey-loser
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby hey-loser » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:32 pm

these are reer miye kids from badiyo its hilarious

Karbaash_killa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Karbaash_killa » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:26 pm

Gedo boi af reer mudug is the real Somali .. no noohs no dee's nuetral and easily understood Very Happy

Qaarxiye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Qaarxiye » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:34 pm

The thing about ree-mudug accent is:

They can understand Waqooyi and Xamari accent while xamari and Waqooyi cant understand each other. Laughing

KUN-DILE
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby KUN-DILE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:36 pm

[quote="Karbaash_killa"]Gedo boi af reer mudug is the real Somali .. no noohs no dee's nuetral and easily understood Very Happy[/quote]

Ma Balo Majidho iyo haday jidho ma buudhna aya real Somali ah? Laughing

I laughed hard when I last heard this guy say "Fidhixdii" instead of "Firixdii"... I told him to sh*t the phuck up.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:52 pm

[quote="Karbaash_killa"]Gedo boi af reer mudug is the real Somali .. no noohs no dee's nuetral and easily understood Very Happy[/quote]

Karbaash,

I heard that before too, laakiin I'm not really too sure. Maybe Waqooyi Somali is Somali asal

Look @ the British English, ppl in America don't understand that, but that is where English came from.

Read Shakespeare's English

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:56 pm

Af maay is the Original Soomaali.

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:05 am

The Mudug accent is focking horrible runtii; honestly that sh.it dhinac loo raaco maleh.

For me, i mix em' all, mixture of xamari, qaldaan and a little bit of huuno; add some somalified english to that and BANG, you have the perfect Somali accent... Very Happy

*HannaH*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *HannaH* » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:05 pm

[quote="Gedo_Boy"]Who knows, the Waqooyi accent could be the original af-Somali..........[/quote]

Not could, it is. All this other stuff is slang and ebonics.

Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: In the plains out in hawdka im'a tell ya, mess with the reer and a vest could'nt help ya

Postby Enemy_Of_Mad_Mullah » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:07 pm

we are the original somaali

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.