Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

historic pictures of Somali leaders from the 50s-80s

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Niya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: At the end of the tunnel, waiting for the light to come on.

Postby Niya » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:36 pm

In the link posted by Xoogsade, the man slightly behind and on the right of Hussien Kulmiye is Dahir Xaji Osman aka Dhega weyne - MJ.

Ashlee~ AbdiRahman Mumin waa hawiye.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:59 pm

it's not to late not yet. 2007 will be a great year for the republic of somalia.

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:18 pm

Niya

Is he your uncle or something? How would you know Shocked That photo is like three hundred years old Shocked Laughing

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Niya,

You know what? Walaahay I thought that was Daahir Dhegaweyne... But then I was not so sure, so I was right Smile

Ashlee, Even I could tell that.. Because Daahir Dhegaweyne is those people that has the same look even after a long time...He can't be missed..
Last edited by kambuli on Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:40 pm

^ Kambuli tell us everyone you know. Since you are older then us.

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Ashlee,

I am sure you are way older than me.. But you know better than me how to act like a baby Laughing Laughing

You guys assume that it is a shame to know your culture and your people..You are all afraid to have the stigma of being old if you say we can speak Somali or we know Somali culture or Somali figure...

But ironically you think that someone is educated and have a class if they can talk about the French Revolution, Roman Empire or people like Alexander The Great or even the writer Charles Dickens etc...

How can you think that knowing a history of the 16th century makes one young and educated while to know someone who is still alive makes someone old?

Isku xishooda oo ku faana dadkiina iyo culture-kiina...

Do not get me wrong... It is just a sisterly advise..

Back to the topic... I wish someone will tell us who are they? I would realy love...So if you know anyone of them please share with us I promise we won't call you old Laughing

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Kambuli I am not ashamed of my culture. I just wanted you to point out the people in the picture since you might know better then me.

Wallahi I am only 20. I am turning 21 this year. Thats all sister. Unless you are a teenager I am younger then you by a lot. Laughing

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:56 pm

i know the answer but im afriad that someone call me old like cawar Sad
kambuuli why dont you just pm me and i will tell you Laughing

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Ashlee,

If you are 20 I am older than you then...Assuming you are telling the truth..and your age is not the 01/01 age...

FK,

I did not get it what do you want me tell you? Surprised

Niya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: At the end of the tunnel, waiting for the light to come on.

Postby Niya » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:08 pm

Lol Kambuli! Walle runtaad sheegtay!

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby fagash_killer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:11 pm

[quote="kambuli"]Ashlee,

If you are 20 I am older than you then...Assuming you are telling the truth..and your age is not the 01/01 age...

FK,

I did not get it what do you want me tell you? Surprised[/quote]

wish someone will tell us who are they? I would realy love...So if you know anyone of them please share with us I promise we won't call you old Laughing

Ashlee~
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee~ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:12 pm

[quote="kambuli"]Ashlee,

FK,

I did not get it what do you want me tell you? Surprised[/quote]

Sister it is the truth wallahi cadiim. I was born in jeddah saudi arabia.

xoogSADE14
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby xoogSADE14 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:37 pm

wallee those were the days Sad

thanks all for putting up historic pictures and not turning this into another qabiil bashing thread.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby fagash_killer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:54 pm

xoogsade since when did siyaad barre named you as the colonel of the sna

Smooth_Qaaxoti
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Smooth_Qaaxoti » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:55 pm

[quote="fagash_killer"]xoogsade since when did siyaad barre named you as the colonel of the sna[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.