Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Palestinian girl used by Israel as human shield.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:34 pm

Web posted at: 3/9/2007 3:44:13
Source ::: REUTERS

Israeli soldiers used an 11-year-old Palestinian girl as a “human shield” during an operation against militants in the West Bank town of Nablus last week, an Israeli human rights group said yesterday.

The Israeli army said it was checking the information from the B’Tselem group, which monitors Israeli actions in the occupied territory. Israeli law bans the military from using human shields.

B’Tselem said the girl, Jihan Daadush, told its interviewers that Israeli soldiers had entered her family home and questioned her and her relatives about the whereabouts of gunmen who had fired at them during the raid.

The soldiers, she said, threatened to arrest her unless she led them to a nearby house.

“(A soldier) ordered me to go towards the house,” B’Tselem quoted the girl as saying. “Three soldiers walked behind me. When we reached the house, there were a lot of soldiers. The soldiers ordered me to go inside the house and I went inside.”

B’Tselem said Jihan told them the soldiers shone flashlights and asked about the rooms of the house. There was no mention in the report of whether troops found militants inside. The girl said two soldiers then returned her home.

“(One of the soldiers) told me, ‘Thank you, but don’t tell anyone,’” the girl said, according to B’Tselem. “I was afraid they would kill me or put me in jail. I am still afraid the soldiers will invade the city again and take me away.”

B’tselem also said the army had used a 15-year-old Palestinian boy and a Palestinian man for a similar purpose during the five-day raid of Nablus, a militant stronghold.

The Israeli army ended the operation on March 1. During the incursion, troops shot dead a Palestinian civilian who had observed the raid from his rooftop. Soldiers also detained 11 suspected militants.

Asraa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: 2 the left 2 the left errythings hustled 2 the death

Re: Palestinian girl used by Israel as human shield.

Postby Asraa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:50 pm

Hatshepsut went too Puntland and said there her people

Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:06 pm

Confused

Seoma [Crawler2]
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Seoma [Crawler2] » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:24 pm

good to know some one else cares.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:22 am

If true, this is a clear violation of the laws of land warfare.

e!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby e! » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 am

its true...i saw the video on the news

ugly girl too Laughing

Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:07 am

Who said the Israeli's play by any rules? They only ever do when publically embarrassed into it.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:31 am

Padishah
Israel is probably the only country in the Middle East that even knows what the laws of land warfare are.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.