Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

human rights???

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

human rights???

Postby musika man » Thu May 03, 2007 11:11 pm

is human rights a western concept only? the world only critizes and condemns when western governments are accused of infringing on other peoples's human rights like abu guraib and guantanamo bay. what about the rest of the world? are they morally inferior to the west and incapable of upholding human rights?

Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: human rights???

Postby Ugaas Diini » Thu May 03, 2007 11:13 pm

What do YOU think? You seem have answers of your own to those questions. Laughing

musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby musika man » Thu May 03, 2007 11:17 pm

[quote="Ugaas Diini"]What do YOU think? You seem have answers of your own to those questions. Laughing[/quote]

^^

answers are subjective, state yours.

musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby musika man » Fri May 04, 2007 12:22 am

was kipling right? his poem The White Man’s Burden became a popular justification for imperialism.

Garvey

Postby Garvey » Fri May 04, 2007 12:27 am

What prompted you to write the piece? and like diini said, what's your take on the subject?

Let's first know what you have to say.

musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby musika man » Fri May 04, 2007 2:33 am

[quote="Garvey"]What prompted you to write the piece? and like diini said, what's your take on the subject?

Let's first know what you have to say.[/quote]

^^^

Garvey, you are lucky, but you ain't diini. he and old gedo boy are my favorite sade tribe. don't foking aske me what prompted me to write, but lemme guide you to my question, as you are either a lamagodley looking for a leader, or agree with other people-tribal thought. i will break it down into questions?

how many abu guraibs and guantanamo bays are there in the world, in asia, africa, europe and the rest of the world? how are people treated in their own countries in the whole world? why is human rights only focused on the western world? is it a concept applies only to them? this is not a foking discussion about human rights record in the west, it is discussing the concept and who it applies to.

Garvey

Postby Garvey » Fri May 04, 2007 3:33 am

Since you asked for it.

All i know is Amnesy won't be coming knocking on my door if i put a bullet through that pee wee fagget a$$ brain you got. Fuckking Di.ck.

musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby musika man » Fri May 04, 2007 3:43 am

Garvey, buddy join the list of foking mad lamagodleys. they murdered, raped and destroyed a whole nation, and think human rights is a western concept like amnesty international. you are an inferiority complex suffering dude like foking e!.

for those interested in this topic.

test case. sweden is angry with ethiopia demanding the immediate release of non-somali swedish citizens who went to somalia to fight indhocadde's jihad. if you praise them, it means you support them and you are less of a man scared to go there. back to the case, why is sweden angry with ethiopia? how many other non western countries will act like sweden?

Sweden sharpens tone against Ethiopia over captives

http://english.people.com.cn/200705/04/ ... 71818.html

*jr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *jr » Fri May 04, 2007 4:49 am

musika man,

You brought up an excellent question. Indeed, when those that espouse democracy and freedom violate human rights, then the rest will follow suit on their own agenda as well. We saw the horrors of Abu Ghraib by those that went to Iraq to bring about democracy and freedoms to the Iraqis, we were exposed to their thinking of human rights.

Yes, we are living in a world human rights issue is seen as second-class issue.

biko
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby biko » Fri May 04, 2007 6:13 am

[quote="musika man"]is human rights a western concept only? the world only critizes and condemns when western governments are accused of infringing on other peoples's human rights like abu guraib and guantanamo bay. what about the rest of the world? are they morally inferior to the west and incapable of upholding human rights?[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because they pay so much lip service to Human Right, democracy and freedom; yet they are the biggest violators of every law under the sun. abu guraib and guantanamo bay are just a tip of the iceburg.

if the west was put on trial they would be found GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!!!

you dozzy clanless c'unt!!

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Fri May 04, 2007 9:39 am

"because they pay so much lip service to Human Right, democracy and freedom; yet they are the biggest violators of every law under the sun. abu guraib and guantanamo bay are just a tip of the iceburg.

if the west was put on trial they would be found GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!!!"

Biko,

The interesting thing about your comment is that the abusers at Abu Guraib did go on trial, were found guilty and are now serving extensive sentences. The issue of Guantanamo Bay and secret prisons elsewhere is also now being fought in the courts by the political opposition to the present administration.

The West makes plenty of mistakes, but at least has traditions of due process and equality before the law that allows many of them to be corrected.

What can you say about the extrajudicial disappearances in Saddam's Iraq, or the murders of Martin Adler and Sister Leonella in Hamar under the ICU? What due process or respect for human life and the rule of law got considered there?

biko
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby biko » Fri May 04, 2007 10:24 am

[quote="Grant"]
Biko,

The interesting thing about your comment is that the abusers at Abu Guraib did go on trial, were found guilty and are now serving extensive sentences. The issue of Guantanamo Bay and secret prisons elsewhere is also now being fought in the courts by the political opposition to the present administration.

The West makes plenty of mistakes, but at least has traditions of due process and equality before the law that allows many of them to be corrected.

What can you say about the extrajudicial disappearances in Saddam's Iraq, or the murders of Martin Adler and Sister Leonella in Hamar under the ICU? What due process or respect for human life and the rule of law got considered there?[/quote]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The west dont only make mistakes, but they are also the ones that makes all this so called laws. they abuse it, twist it and change it whenever it suit them. you are right about the abusers at Abu Guraib and they did go on trial and were found guilty, but whos going on trial for the destruction of a whole nation and the genocide comited in the name of freedom and democracy?

dont get me wrong, i rather been tried in a western law than that of saudi arabia or ethiopia but then again this countries dont present themselves as the promoters of justice, freedom and democracy.

*jr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *jr » Fri May 04, 2007 10:27 am

[quote="Grant"]"

What can you say about the extrajudicial disappearances in Saddam's Iraq, or the murders of Martin Adler and Sister Leonella in Hamar under the ICU? What due process or respect for human life and the rule of law got considered there?[/quote]

You seem to boost the quality of western justice highly. May I remind you that not everything is all well in US of A. Your claim that Abu Gharaib perpetrators are all persecuted is flat out wrong because the orders were made from the top, AND I MEAN FROM THE TOP. These paddy soldiers were following orders from the TOP. It was Attorney General Gonzales who wrote the memo at the time he was a counsel to the president that “tortured can only be defined when organ fails”, and that Geneva Conventions do not apply to detainees.

And how do you explain CIA black detention centers around the world? Have you not been reading that the CIA has free hand to capture and detain someone off the streets of Europe and send them to undisclosed locations?

And the courts? What about the focking courts? For the past eight years the Supreme Court was staked-up with Bush appointees, like Justices Roberts and Alito, whilst Scalia and Thompson still preach from the bench.

Do people like you still assume all is well in Kansas?

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Fri May 04, 2007 11:00 am

"Do people like you still assume all is well in Kansas?"

People like me got involved in the Civil Rights Movement, served in the Peace Corps, oppose secret prisons and torture, and oppose extra-judicial anything.
We believe in the value of human life and the rights and dignity of the individual. We believe in due process and the rule of law.

This administration has been controlled by business interests who have been more interested in the bottom line than enforcing law or protecting rights. They get no support from me.

Gonzales, Rove, Cheney are all now part of a lame duck administration that loses credibility every day as more of their shenanigas come to light. I hope and pray the next administration will renew my faith in Western values and the ability of the American people to control their own destiny.

No, I am well aware things are not well in Kansas. But that is why we have elections. This Supreme Court has so far not become a right-wing rubber stamp, and what do you think are the chances of a continuation of the present policies after 2008?

*jr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *jr » Fri May 04, 2007 11:08 am

"People like me got involved in the Civil Rights Movement, served in the Peace Corps, oppose secret prisons and torture, and oppose extra-judicial anything.
We believe in the value of human life and the rights and dignity of the individual. We believe in due process and the rule of law."

I commend you Sir for all you have done. I gather we agree on many things. Keep on the good fight.

on edit:

You asked what I think "...are the chances of a continuation of the present policies after 2008?"

First off, if we continue on voting for Democrats and not able to differentiate what the candidates are saying, then we loose. Consider what the three top democratic candidates are saying about Iran.... they all tow the line that "all options are on the table" with regard to Iran. I find such rhetoric dangerous and complete warmongering at most. These three democratic presidential frontrunners should distance themselves further wars, and focus on home front.

Therefore, the likes of Hilary, I can do without.... I am leaning toward Edwards, after the primaries, of course. I would like Obama to come out, but I am afraid he's 2012 candidate at this juncture.
Last edited by *jr on Fri May 04, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.