Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm pregnant!

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Underneath the apple tree, at one with nature's beauty.

I'm pregnant!

Postby Firefly » Thu May 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Asalaamu Alaikum ladies,

No, I'm not pregnant. But imagine if you'll never be able to utter those words? Can you actually contemplate that? Call me selfish for wanting to perpetuate my genes, but I'd like to have my very own baby/ies, even if it's just one. I was having a discussion about this with a classmate, she was arguing that I was being selfish, and should consider adopting, instead of wanting to pro-create. I have no problem with adoption, it's something I've actually seriously considered, but is it so wrong to also want my own baby? :|

Share your thoughts ladies..

Warsan_Star_Muslimah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: I'm pregnant!

Postby Warsan_Star_Muslimah » Thu May 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Walikum Salaam dear, :rose:

If that is the case, then I think I am selfish too :oops: I dont think adopting a baby and having one is the same. There is something special about 'someone' that you carried for 9 months in your belly, that Allah (swt) blessed with you and your husband.

I too would love to of look after Orphan kids insha-allah, and especifically the ones in Somalia. :heart: :som:

Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Firefly » Thu May 07, 2009 8:32 pm

WSM :rose:

I guess we're both selfish for wanting to engage in the most basic biological function which our species has evolved to engage in.. :roll:

Exactly sis! It's not the same, 'cause of the birthing process etc. The maternal instinct kicks in, even for those women who thought they didn't have any whatsoever. It's indeed a blessing to give birth. One of my worst fears is infertility.. :|

I just didn't like the way she was making out that I was selfish and immoral for wanting to pro-create. Is it a crime hada? She also made it seem like adopting was like going to the pet store, and picking out an animal. Children are not pets!

Adoption is a noble cause, no doubt. However, do you think we're hard-wired to reproduce in our own image? :|

suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby suga_n_spice » Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 pm

FF,

soomaalida waxee tirah "nimaad dhashay kuma dhalin" i really want to feel what it's like to care for someone other then myself. i want the ability to really "love" a human being. u know how they say "beer wax dhalay waa cajiib" ?? well that's exactly how i want to feel. every other love is average compared to
a mother's love for her child.

my friend tells me, u'll never know what it's like til u have one of ur own. i mean she'll be sick, with a migraine and she'll still get up and attend to her baby. aniga when i have a headache i can't even function right and all i want to do is find any kind of remedy to feel better.

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Fri May 08, 2009 4:18 am

In your classmates defence I think some people believe that you can love the child you raised just as much as you would the one you gave birth to. Therefore if that's the case, why burden the world with even more people when you could improve the living standards of the orphans already out there?

Logical point I must say but the counter argument is usually emotional so to each his own.

ps No you are not selfish.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Fri May 08, 2009 4:52 am

You're not selfish.You cant compare adoption with having ur own child.Just imagin everthing you go throu during ur pregnancy from vomiting to labor.All emotions and pain that mothers go throu subxanallah...no wonder jannah lais under mothers feet.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 am

^what helwaa said. :up:

anyways i dont tihink i even want to get pregnant so the idea of adoption isnt so bd i guess!
:|

Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Firefly » Fri May 08, 2009 8:10 am

SnS:- You're spot on sis. I guess it's a natural inbuilt instinct to want to experience what it feels like. Once I asked my mother why she's so concerned about my brothers, 'cause they're grown men, and I'll never forget what she said to me. She'll like you'll understand markaad hooyo noqotid.

BV:- lol, you're always playin' the devil's advocate eh? But good point sis. See, that's exactly what she was arguing, about over-population etc.. but why can't you have your own children and still decide to adopt? I mean if Angelina Jolie and co can do it, why not the rest of us? Why must you choose either this or that? That's what I was arguing against. She was saying if you're in a loving relationship you should consider adoption first and foremost, and don't think about having your own children. Being adoptive parents doesn't make you better than biological parents and vice versa, 'cause at the end of the day you're performing the same task. One of my friend's mother has fostered over 10 children, and she has 3 biological children, and 2 adopted children. So it's possible to do both, if you're willing to.

The counter-argument doesn't have to be emotional, it can be as logical as the initial point that's being raised. All I'm saying it's not selfish, it’s encoded in our being to reproduce. It’s our purpose. Saying it’s selfish seems to ignore the fact that reproducing really is what our, and every other animal’s, primary purpose is.

Helwaa:- Thanks huni. You're right sis. The psychological, emotional and financial investment in pregnancy is vast. indeed, there's a reason why Jannah lies under the mother's feet.

surrender:- lol, I didn't say adoption was bad sis. It's actually a noble choice, but it's a personal one, and people should not be berated just 'cause they want to have their own biological offspring. Not everyone can adopt, and not everyone believes they'll be able to do a good job etc, same way that not everyone believes they can be a good parent. but should they be denied the right to want to be parents? No, right?

Why do you not want to get pregnant? Is it just fear?

wastegal
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby wastegal » Fri May 08, 2009 8:15 am

God forbid. lets say u got raped would u keep the baby?

Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Addoow » Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 am

oh,i was like what the hell. :lol:

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 am

lol@ devils advocate. I concur with your argument, you can definitely do both :up:
God forbid if you got raped. FIRST POINT OF CALL should be the police station and if that is creepy then the hospital - there you will get treatment against STIs including HIV you'll get treatment that will avaoid such a situation from occurring. If you ever get raped God forbid, the worst thing you could do is hide under a blanket and pretend it never happened.

Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Firefly » Fri May 08, 2009 9:04 am

Addoow: lol, what are you doing here horta?
:shock:

I pray I'll never have to make that decision. Subhanallah! I'd like to say I'd keep the baby, but you never know how you're going to react until you're in that situation. Like BV said I'd check myself into hospital immediately, for HIV iyo sexually transmitted diseases. A baby is the best thing you can catch in a rape situation, all the other stuff are just unthinkable!

BV:- :P :up:

Navy9
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Navy9 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Yaa salaam if there is a technology where one minute you are pregnant and the next minute you are carrying your child. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.