Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies!

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow!

Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies!

Postby Anarchist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I noticed there's a lot of misinformation or lack of information regarding this issue within the Somali community. Not the best acting - but it's a start.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies!

Postby zulaika » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 pm

yes, its very important to eat right.. sometimes its not so easy especially if you suffer from extreme nausea and hate food. Lord knows how i suffered from nausea non stop..but still gotta stay on top of the nutrients, there's precious life relying on u.

being pregnant is such a taxing ordeal for a woman..I appreciate my mother for all the hardship she endured carrying me .. hooyo Allah Jannah ku sii Amiin.

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Anarchist » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 am

@zulaika - I don't know how women do it and do it so often. Specially for women who are dishing them out every year. Surely, the rewards of being a mother must outweigh everything else? What was your one moment with your little princess that made it all worth it? Do mothers have such moments or is everyday with your child worth all the headache that comes with being a parent?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't recall a particular moment..its more like moments that are continuously occurring...every time I look into those eyes.. I feel like I'm soo lucky..I can't believe this gorgeous little creature is mine :)

QaaliDumar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby QaaliDumar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Very interesting and imformative. Dhowr wax ayaan kala soo baxay. Thank you!

PS: Yaab ninka funaanada jaalaha qaba siduu u hadlayo.

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Anarchist » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:43 pm

@zulaika - :up:

@Zeliha - I liked how much research & effort they put in to it. Even going to a local imaam to debunk the myth that Islam forbids spacing children using contraceptives. Children aren't an asset in the West, they're a liability and no child deserves to pay for the ignorance of their parents. I deal with neglect & abuse of children all day long and it's a horrible reality. I deal with Somali mothers that have 6-8 children with the eldest being no more than 10, clueless about her child's info like date of birth, known allergies, family history, etc. That to me signals neglect whether intentional or otherwise. And no child deserves to be deprived of basic rights because of his/her mother's reluctance to adapt to her environment. Hopefully the video will have enough circulation to make a dent in the community.

QaaliDumar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby QaaliDumar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Ilmo iska dhal looma dhalo , korniimo fiican iyo mustaqbal ayay kaa rabaan.

Waalid badan ayaa xilkaa fududaysta oo badanaa jawaabtoodu tahay "ilmuhu wey korayaan irsaaqada Ilaahay baa haya", si kasta oo ey taasi run u tahay oo ilaahay taa kafaalo qaaday waalid ahaan dadaal oo xil aadan ka soo bixi karin ha isa saarin.

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

:lol: @ 11:03 ......I have never heard anyone speak Af-Soomaali that way.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Very informative video...thanks for sharing. Lakin i couldn't stop laughing when the guy with the yellow shirt started talking...wth he sounds like inu akhrinaayo wuxu sheegayo...loool.

Ps breastfeeding ila six months is enough..labo makey..garaan wayba Ku qanini

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Ps breastfeeding ila six months is enough..labo makey..garaan wayba Ku qanini

Its supposed to be two years, otherwise you're endangering Your child's health!

AlbertJohnSmith

Postby AlbertJohnSmith » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:46 am

Surely and truly, the health is the most crucial part for the mother and for the child as well. I remember the time when one of my friends had her first child and she was also talking of the healthy moms and children. I would like to add on that the more healthy the mom is, the more the child will be healthy.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.