Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hair Journey Update

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Hair Journey Update

Postby Inaayah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:05 pm

I've recently started using Shea Moisture products, they FINALLY sell them in London. Only in Boots (online).

I Invested in the Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the conditioner- curl & shine (with silk protein & Neem Oil) I absolutely LOVE these 2 products and would recommend them to anyone. And the product will literally last you for SO long and Wallahi they smell so sexy! :lawd:

All Shea Moisture products are brilliant because they have

-No Sulfates
-No parabens
-No phthalates
-No paraffin
-No gluten
-No propylene glycol
-No mineral oil
-No synthetic fragrance
-No synthetic colour
-No DEA
-No animal testing

If you're from London, go on the Boots website. :up:
Last edited by Inaayah on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Also I'd just like to add that there's no better moisture for hair than water! So I usually spray a lot of water in my hair, ka dib I go for a leave-in conditioner and seal that moisture with a few small drops of oil and just do my hair in a simple French braid when I'm at home.
Last edited by Inaayah on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Innayah thanks for that I've been so jealous of all the you tubers that always brag about she's moisture.

Hit up paks the other day got Africa's best oil for my hot oil treatments winter has come and cantu jojoba and Shea oil :up:

I have a struggle pony tail I hve to use elastic bands like my daughters :snoop:

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Aishah knows about them YouTube videos, I've learnt soooo much just from watching them! :myman:

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 pm

That girl atyea is amazing she got me on to aphogee I haven't looked back :lawd:

Innayah those YouTube vids and the lhcf forum made pak a very rich man muxu hindiga lacag iga gaadey :wow:

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:21 pm

I've started to cowash with deep conditioner omg my hair has never felt so soft.

I have Shea moisture product I never use. It was so disappointing so very very disappointing. And the ingredients are nowhere as exciting as something as simple as carrot oil for example which has a pile of natural oils in the ingredients list

Salaams BV,

Ain't nobody got time for long hair :)

But seriously I let my hair grow really long once and I used to wear it curly(pre hijab days) so much work to maintain it so I chopped it off like Halle Berry pixie.. Ever since then I've never looked back at long hair the way I had before...I might let grow to shoulder length.. Plus being preggo/kids and long hair.. Yeah ain't nobody got time for that.
Salaam! Pixie sounds incredible. That much freedom no need to even worry about how you can't tie it up.....Hmmm worth considering though I've become attached to the swish. My hair is always up anyway so only time I notice its length is when I have a reason to wear it down

Team short hair I have fond memories :up: that said I decided to never chop it off again if I don't have to

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:10 am

I can do half and half ponytail :diddy:

I'm going to paks to buy soy oyl deep con and a shower cap since the plastic bags are now extinct :snoop:

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:27 pm

I can do half and half ponytail :diddy:
What's that?

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Top half into a pony tail bottom half in to a ponytail :deadrose:

Sida loo jaba loo duutiya :lol:

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Is it? :lol: I get it now, aww the little kiddie hair-dividing styles :pac:

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:24 am

:comeon:

Using Aussie moist miracle best instant conditioner on the market it smells heavenly it's got macadamia oil but the slip it gives you :whew:

D&L Amla hair relaxer is great

Update on hair growth now can do one normal ponytail

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:26 am

I'm never cutting it again if I get it back to bsl or a little further down I'll be happy

ihatewritingessays
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ihatewritingessays » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:13 am

I have to cut my hair all the time. It knots at the bottom for no reason I normally sleep with it up with a silk scarf and wear it in an Afro or on occasion straight. A couple of weeks after cutting I always find the ends, individual strands, with knots at the bottom. Anyone here have that problem or advice?

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:36 pm

I have to cut my hair all the time. It knots at the bottom for no reason I normally sleep with it up with a silk scarf and wear it in an Afro or on occasion straight. A couple of weeks after cutting I always find the ends, individual strands, with knots at the bottom. Anyone here have that problem or advice?
They are called single strand knots. When your hair is curly it has the habit of curling around itself and forming knots, this happens more when the hair is light (that is fine hair without product to weight it down). Also when the hair is about to break. I never did know what came first, was it that the hair was already about to split and do crazy gymnastics on its way out or that the strain of being in a knot dries out the end so it breaks...

Either way on a practical level, I think it depends on how you wear your hair. Try duu duubing your hair for example and comb it more often, this will make it more straight and turn curls into waves therefore less likely for strands to knot.

ihatewritingessays
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ihatewritingessays » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:15 am

Thx BVSnet I just did a huge chop so I'm gonna commit to dubdubing before bed inshaAllah :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.