Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ladies, As a bride

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Ladies, As a bride

Postby Bella18 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Shukri Hashi :up:
I wouldn't wear any of it... they're just too out there for a simple person but I love her 2016 collection. :clap:

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:51 am

Evol, I had no bridesmaids at all. Just a flower girl and that was my niece. But at my first entrance, I wore the dirac and had 2 of my cousins with me come in and they were both wearing same dirac. It was just for that entrance then they changed their outfits.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:10 am

Shukri Hashi :up:
I wouldn't wear any of it... they're just too out there for a simple person but I love her 2016 collection. :clap:

Macaaney where did you find that! it's not on the site or on her FB page :shock:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:15 am

Vivacious, I see. Small and tidy. I hate seeing weddings with 5+ bridesmaids lol so messy IMO

Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bella18 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:49 am

I don't think the website is updated yet xabibti. Check out her IG page.

https://www.instagram.com/shukrihashibridal/

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 am

You're the bomb.com! Following her now :)

Darissa

Postby Darissa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:40 am

Why not? It’s not that I am going to get married any time soon, but I would totally wear one of these wedding dress if I did. I can’t say I’m against white dresses; to me it’s about what color you like and much less about culture. You don’t need to find excuses to wear what you like, right? Still, these ones are pretty unique and that what makes them so awesome for a wedding day that has to be special in every single way.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:36 am

Eh...those look a little frumpy, but you're right - to each their own lol :)

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:06 pm

This is so disappointing, I've always liked the idea of going traditional but what on earth is she doing to these dresses?!

Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bella18 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:05 pm

^Batuulo, you can still go with guntiino/ garees iyo cunaabi. :mrgreen:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:01 am

hahaha BVS macaanto she's finding a middle ground for the modern Somali who still needs to represent the culture. ;)

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 pm

I get what she's trying to do but the end result could be better.

Alindi is bold and it's harsh. Either use it sparingly in a bold design or keep the dress simple and let the alindi print be the statement. Mahine I just feel like the dresses are either way over the top and belong on stage and not on a real person or just a mishmash of Western and Somali thrown in there randomly

I know it's easy to critique and I can just shut it but as a future Somali bride and possible client I would have liked to see some of the other Somali prints and colours, being creative with how the print is used i.e. it doesn't have to be that hard material...a fusion, not copy and paste

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:50 pm

This is so disappointing, I've always liked the idea of going traditional but what on earth is she doing to these dresses?!
I agree, these designs are ugly.

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Nice Vivacious! So 4 outfits total. Did you make your bridal party have 4 outfits too? Are they suppose to? lol I've seen some weddings where the bride changed but the girls wore the same diric for the whole wedding.

Story time:
I actually saw a salon with these exact photos out front named Habon Nura in Hargeisa, on the main road at the bottom of togdheer. Worst mistake ever. I went in and it took me a moment to realize there was literally the most putrid smell of feces. Walahi I looked around to see if someone left the washroom open - it was hot kaka stench everywhere....ugh *shudders*.

So anyways, I ask them if they have the dresses they're advertising out front (maybe they knew the designer or purchased a few dresses? Maybe even had something similar?) NO.

She looks at me like she doesn't understand saying no this is a salon...we don't have any dresses. So I say then why are you advertising dresses. She said those are hido iyo dhaqan. Well no fkng duh. I say....Okay so you don't even rent dresses? She looks at me like *I'M* crazy and says no.
So I said some uncharacteristically rude things, but it's only because my blood pressure was rising from the stench.

My mom and I basically run out, and as soon as we have fresh air, hooyo explains that's the bleach. I couldn't believe it. Hooyo explained that's the smell that radiates from them all the time if they use it regularly.

THAT'S WHAT SOME SISTERS ARE USING ON THEIR SKIN? FOR A MAN? HOW DOES THEIR HUSBAND GO NEAR THEM?

I'll never understand.
Oh my goodness. I feel sick all of a sudden.

Waxaad naleedahay these bleached women walk around smelling like xaar 24/7?

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:09 am

On the bus...in suuq...yes, when it's fresh apparently. I've smelled it before, but subhanAllah it's never been so concentrated.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.