Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dirir (Ancient Dir word) Found in Ancient Egyptian

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Dirir (Ancient Dir word) Found in Ancient Egyptian

Postby Caesar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:24 pm

The word Dirir (root word Dir) and it's influence over the Horn and in Arabia and North Africa

But in Ancient Egyptian means "Asiatic warrior" how interesting, (don't know how "asiatic" fits usually European translaters put forth biases that "asiatics" started Egypt but I digress ) but I will look more into it.

All in all, Interesting stuff, this ramadan all about gaining knowledge :D

And in Semitic langues means a courtier! During Somali history, you would need a Dir official for events, was it the same in Arabia in the past?
I will find out more about that.
A courtier (/ˈkɔːrtiə/; French: [kuʁtje]) is a person who is often in attendance at the court of a king or other royal personage
Dirir in Semitic languges = Courtier ( a person who is often in attendance at the court of a king or other royal personage)

Dirir in Egyptian = Warrior

Dir history is all over the horn :stylin:

If Dirir is a loan word from Somali into Egyptian and to Semitic languages it just shows the Dir influence all over North East Africa and Arabia. Mashallah
I wonder what more I will find with this Ancient Egyptian word list site I have found. I will post more findings into this thread.
When the Ancient Egyptians mention your people, why do I need an Englishman with colonial lies telling me who I am?
Like I said Dir history is known throughout the horn and beyond :stylin:
Last edited by Caesar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

waraabe251
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Dirir (Ancient Dir word) Found in Ancient Egyptian

Postby waraabe251 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Dirir means fighting in Somali

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Dirir (Ancient Dir word) Found in Ancient Egyptian

Postby Caesar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm

The Dirir

and "asiatic" examples from hyksos

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.