Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pictures of Borama, Dilla and Awbarre 2017

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Pictures of Borama, Dilla and Awbarre 2017

Postby AGENT447 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:01 am

Beautiful
A man who knows a good pic when he sees one! :myman:
I know ya like your scenic nature pics so here are some in Borama and its surroundings
Qoor-gaab valley and Saw mtn
Caro-gara-nuug lake and Jeekaha mtns

This picture to me is one in a mill, not only is it one beautiful pic and deserves to be published in Nat Geo magazine, it's also the only pic of Borama, where there isn't a mountain in the background. :o

Edit: The Ras, understood sxb, that was a bit unnecessary lol odayga sawnaga ku yara goobanay waa halkii mooriyaantee :lol: And you are right he is a good friend of the blessed city and Beesha Awliyada.

@The Yusuf raali abti, oo bal dhulkii noga sooyara waran, for some strange reason waxaad moodaa in aad meesha ku soo yara kululaatay, ma cadceda iyo biyaha kulul waxaan ahayn ayaad meesha kala kulantay :lol:

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 am

The even more majestic and bigger mountain chains of Awr-dil
Eng Gelde Road

The famous Window of Borama; Daaqada Borama with fulun-fuulka mtn chains in the background
Bille Road

The blessed fortress City of Borama :stylin: :dj:

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:01 am

Samaroon have the most beautiful land no question about it.

What's Teferi Ber though? Sounds Amharic
Cheers cuz and don't listen to Awraasta, though he means well and is just being his pro all things ahmaric himself, he Is nonetheless way off the mark here!

Teferi Ber literally means the Gate of Fear. This is where the famous wars of Adal kingdom/Sultanate and the Abyssinian kingdom was at its most fearsome and at times Axmaars faced devastating defeats against Imam Ahmed Gurey Radiyallahi Canhu and his Army. It has nothing to do with the lion of juda or whatever the f**ck my friend scribbled up there. Meesha waalagu cadaabi Jiray xabashida and that's why they called it as such Lakiin anakuna waan badalnay and always called it Aw-barre.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:43 am

Warya agent

You inventing mad theories from thin air. Wallahi you are funny.

I advise you read a bit about the region.

You trying to link a 19th century town to the 15th century Adal.

There was never time the Amhara reached such area before Ras Makonnen under the Menelik II expansionism.

There was even the Oromo conquest gap. How can a Somali town have an Amhara name when Amhara didn't even yet conquer nor name Finfine (Menelik conquest to be named Addis Ababa)?

Your theory has more holes than a Swiss cheese.

Anyways the town was named after Ras Teferi aka Emperor Haile Selassie I, who had paid a visit to the town.

He also named it as a Woreda or zone/county as Teferi Ber.

Everything about the town says Ras Teferi and he left many footprints but no evidence of Amhara names in the entire region before Menelik II.

Adal Sultanate was about erasing Abyssinia, why wouldnthey preserve Amharic town names?

Very contradictory.

Thanks for the laugh.

Thanatophiliac

Postby Thanatophiliac » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 am

Well, I'm from Aw-barre myself so Agent and Aw Rastaale, your both right, you haven't contradicted each other. It's named after Teferi Makonnen, he would name certain towns after his name. There is another town in the Oromo region called Teferi Asebe (something like that). But the original name Teferi Ber, means Gate of fear because that was the land where the Abyssinians and Somalis fought the worst battles. Allah knows best.

TheYuusuf
Sorry brother. I apologize for my earlier statement. Welcome brother.

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 am

Lol you are welcome breh, ( sarc) :lol: I am hopeless in this regard and the history of Ethiopians and their Kings/Kingdoms, so I might just take your advice and read up on this particular era and how the town came to be named Teferi Ber. Lakiin Alhamdulilah that its called Aw-barre now. Waligayba waxan kusoo koray uun shekada ah in ay meeshani tahay meshay Awowyashen Axmarada/Ethiopains ku karbaashi jireen, so don't spoil my childhood stories broski :)

What exactly s the official name of the Ethiopian Gov/DDSI for this Woreda and the town?

Waar waxaas iga daayoo, salaam sare Suldan, and talk to me about the location and setting of Borama. Give us that famous two cent analysis of the Ras about those beautiful scenery and surrounding mountains!

Thanks for the Ahmaric lesson/info btw :lol: :up:

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 am

Well, I'm from Aw-barre myself so Agent and Aw Rastaale, your both right, you haven't contradicted each other. It's named after Teferi Makonnen, he would name certain towns after his name. There is another town in the Oromo region called Teferi Asebe (something like that). But the original name Teferi Ber, means Gate of fear because that was the land where the Abyssinians and Somalis fought the worst battles. Allah knows best.

TheYuusuf
Sorry brother. I apologize for my earlier statement. Welcome brother.
You alright there cuz, hows it goin'? so you are R.R ( Reer Nuur) I am assuming since you just revealed that your folks are from Aw-bare? Cool, I kinda knew you weren't that far off from the Gadabursi Gate keepers lol Welcome aboard Soldier#
Reerku look after the Reerka on three fronts if you catch my drift. We keep in check our cuzins the Iise warriors on the red sea coast, the Ethiopian Dothrakis on the Teferi Ber flank and the IQ hoards on the Banka Wajaale front, bless thy R.R :lol:

P.s. Good thread this!........ And btw, don't ever claim to be of Makaahiil, there is no such thing, practically speaking. You just say which sub clan of Makahil you are,i.e Reer Nuur ( Nuur Yonis) , Adan Yonis, Jibril Yonis or Cali Yonis!

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 am

Lol you are welcome breh, ( sarc) :lol: I am hopeless in this regard and the history of Ethiopians and their Kings/Kingdoms, so I might just take your advice and read up on this particular era and how the town came to be named Teferi Ber. Lakiin Alhamdulilah that its called Aw-barre now. Waligayba waxan kusoo koray uun shekada ah in ay meeshani tahay meshay Awowyashen Axmarada/Ethiopains ku karbaashi jireen, so don't spoil my childhood stories broski :)

What exactly s the official name of the Ethiopian Gov/DDSI for this Woreda and the town?

Waar waxaas iga daayoo, salaam sare Suldan, and talk to me about the location and setting of Borama. Give us that famous two cent analysis of the Ras about those beautiful scenery and surrounding mountains!

Thanks for the Ahmaric lesson/info btw :lol: :up:

True sxb.

You know I appreciate good nature and Awdal is naturally blessed by the Almighty. I probably never mentioned this before but as a kid I have been to both Borama and Aw-Bere.

You guys have to keep sharing it with us and even if necessary you guys should buy few good cameras for the local boys/photographers.

Thanatophiliac

Postby Thanatophiliac » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:57 am

The Agent. You will be surprised. But I'm actually one of the Samaroon who have lineal ties with the Reer Nuur.

I am from the family of the Ugaas (Makayldheere). A few of us moved into Awbare in the last century, the last boqor, my father's uncle, the family of Ugaas Rooble Doodi the family of Jicsin Cilmi Dheere and the family of Sheekh Hasan Nuuriye. I'm from those families. The Reer Faarax Nuur, especially Reer Waa Dhowr (Sophisticate's Reer abtiyaal) are our closest neighbours in farming lands.

Reer Nuur waa lafta Samaroon. Ilaahey have idin barakeeyo ameen ameen.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:10 am

We keep in check our cuzins the Iise warriors
:lol:

Warya Agent, we are trying to break down the wall of mistrust adiguna sheeko baa noga keentay left-field...dee waa ku siday huuno?

How come you never join the Dir conference we hold every month or so? You only show up when the quarterly khaat is being distributed, :) .

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 am

The Agent. You will be surprised. But I'm actually one of the Samaroon who have lineal ties with the Reer Nuur.

I am from the family of the Ugaas (Makayldheere). A few of us moved into Awbare in the last century, the last boqor, my father's uncle, the family of Ugaas Rooble Doodi the family of Jicsin Cilmi Dheere and the family of Sheekh Hasan Nuuriye. I'm from those families. The Reer Faarax Nuur, especially Reer Waa Dhowr (Sophisticate's Reer abtiyaal) are our closest neighbours in farming lands.

Reer Nuur waa lafta Samaroon. Ilaahey have idin barakeeyo ameen ameen.
Masha allah cuzin, even better. You are Royalty, with blood ties to the actual Royal family ( Some R.r folks jokingly call themselves the Royal family) lol.......Thanks sxb and Amen, may Allah bless the Beesha in general!

Anigu I am Reer Mahamoud Nuur, asal Boramawi through and through!
We keep in check our cuzins the Iise warriors
:lol:

Warya Agent, we are trying to break down the wall of mistrust adiguna sheeko baa noga keentay left-field...dee waa ku siday huuno?

How come you never join the Dir conference we hold every month or so? You only show up when the quarterly khaat is being distributed, :) .
:pac: :deadrose:
Take that back cuz ahahaha, Although I am a quintessential Qaldaan, I am nonetheless the posh level headed free of mirqaan type, but that was a quick left hook, and deservedly so for my little familial transgression. my bad thou, the old FKD askari in me couldn't resist it :lol:

I know what you mean though, I have kinda abandoned my post saw maaha, but in my defence this place has lately turned into such a pigsty cuz, wouldn't you say and is extremely off putting?

Good seeing you Bro, and good on you lads for representing Beesha Barakaysan ee Dir

26June1960
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 26June1960 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 am

Beelweynta Gadabursi :blessed: Noolaada! The Somali Federal Republic and the Somali people are truly proud of Beesha Gadabursi. :up:

Thanatophiliac

Postby Thanatophiliac » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:58 am

Agent, Mash'Allah. You are from the great Maxamuud Nuur. My father lived two years in Dilla, amongst the Maxamuud Nuur, he went to the British school.

Have you ever been to Jaarahoroto in your lands? That is was the capital of Ugaas Cilmi Dheere, the British installed rival Ugaas. The greatest supporters of Ugaas Cilmi Warfaa were the Reer Maxamuud Nuur. Ugaas Cilmi was wanted dead or alive by Ugaas Roble II and his Ethiopian forces.

Jaarahoroto, was the land of Cabdi Sinimo, the founder of Balwo. Reer Nuur waa the elite of the Samaroon wallahi.

Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sophisticate » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Yes; I know Than. Yusuf actually considers Borama his second home, but he distrusts new names. Especially, when they seem trollish. Can't blame him there. You must earn your wings to prove you aren't a multi-nicker or troll. Since you know someone I suppose that gives you a get out of jail free card.

I see Agent has come out of hibernation conveniently after the 'money shots' of Borama were dropped. Interestiiiiing. I hope you're well. :mrgreen:

Raidboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Raidboss » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm

If I move back home it will either be Borama or Konfuur Somalia.

Stunning pictures.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.