Page 1 of 7

NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:29 am
by fighter
Please contribute to this thread by including pictures of notable Banaadir people. Also, its 2012. No mention of clans. Thanks.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 am
by fighter
Image

Image

Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 am
by fighter
Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 am
by fighter
Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 am
by fighter
Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:43 am
by Lamagoodle
Fighter,
It depends what you mean by "Banaadir people".

Abdullahi Ciise, Magool, Keynan and Abdiqasim are the only true Banadiris when you look at place of birth/breed in Banadir. Caydid , Caato Qeybdid are from Galkacyo, Dahir Aweys is from a village between Hobyo and Xaradheere, Sheikh Sharif is from Shabeelada dhexe and the dude who claims to represent a clan is probably from Cadaado. They all kooytes (reer koraad) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xasan Aden Samatar is actually from Bay :lol:

Having said that being Banadir is probably a feeling rather than place of birth or could mean you live there; hence, you could be right.

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:11 am
by fighter
Lamgoodle wrote:Having said that being Banadir is probably a feeling rather than place of birth or could mean you live there; hence, you could be right.


No feeling. But "legitimate" ownership, "legitimate" birthplace and/or the legitimate upbringing. However, this doesn't extend to foreign aliens or people not having a "legitimate" connection. For instance: a Mexican diplomat's kids born and living in Prague cannot claim to be from the Czech Republic. They are from Mexico. Right? They are not entitled to a Czech passport. They probably are not even able to own a home there due to being foreigners. They have no legitimate ownership of Prague. Their birth in Czech Republic was not really "legitimate" if you know what I mean because they can't be classified as being Czech. However, since they are diplomats, they enjoy the privilige of being in Prague.

Lamgoodle wrote:Xasan Aden Samatar is actually from Bay :lol:


I am aware of Xasan's overstayed visit to Bay. But Xamar is his home :up:

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:12 am
by fighter
Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 am
by Somalian_Boqor
Qeybdid :up:

Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am
by Voltage
Fighter you seem like you are begging for attention when you know no Somali even other Hawiye consider most of the people you posted "Banaadir" people. When did Guriceel and Hobyo become euphamism for Banadir unless you are trying to say a person from Caabudwaaq is "reer Bosaaso".

Anyways who is this lady? I have been looking for her name and info about her for ages. She has impressed me tremendously starting from her her days in ARS-Djibouti

Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:51 am
by Somalian_Boqor
NOTABLE BANAADIR :up:
Image

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 am
by abgaalKING
Lol,caydiid being at the top of the list,war ninkaani wuu waashay qabta. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:02 am
by Lamagoodle
fighter wrote:
Lamgoodle wrote:Having said that being Banadir is probably a feeling rather than place of birth or could mean you live there; hence, you could be right.


No feeling. But "legitimate" ownership, "legitimate" birthplace and/or the legitimate upbringing. However, this doesn't extend to foreign aliens or people not having a "legitimate" connection. For instance: a Mexican diplomat's kids born and living in Prague cannot claim to be from the Czech Republic. They are from Mexico. Right? They are not entitled to a Czech passport. They probably are not even able to own a home there due to being foreigners. They have no legitimate ownership of Prague. Their birth in Czech Republic was not really "legitimate" if you know what I mean because they can't be classified as being Czech. However, since they are diplomats, they enjoy the privilige of being in Prague.

Lamgoodle wrote:Xasan Aden Samatar is actually from Bay :lol:


I am aware of Xasan's overstayed visit to Bay. But Xamar is his home :up:


Adeer is deji. Cadifad qabyaalad yaasan ku qaadin. You are a bright young man and it will be such a waste of brain if you become a victim of "anagaa u badan, anagaa iska leh" discourses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awhile back I read a thread on the general section and someone introduced a funny topic called "who was the first person blalalalaa in Somalia"?. That contributor almost called DHUUSO was invented by one of the guys from his clan. :lol:

Those people you mentioned are somalis and should in theory belong to every town. If you want to pursue this thesis, then you copy and paste and the photos of the millions of people.

As regards the example you gave above, I fail to understand its purpose . Are you implying that the people whose pictures you have posted could be equated with diplomats? :lol: :lol:

P.s I explode with anger with people like Cabdullaahi ciise are used in a tribal discourse. This is a common feature of this website when the likes of Aden Cade, sharmarke etc are constantly turned into tribal bigots- far from the spirit of somalinimo they stood for.

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 am
by AbdiWahab252
Voltage wrote:Fighter you seem like you are begging for attention when you know no Somali even other Hawiye consider most of the people you posted "Banaadir" people. When did Guriceel and Hobyo become euphamism for Banadir unless you are trying to say a person from Caabudwaaq is "reer Bosaaso".

Anyways who is this lady? I have been looking for her name and info about her for ages. She has impressed me tremendously starting from her her days in ARS-Djibouti

Image



Voltage,

Her name is Amina Said Ali. She is a niece of Abdullahi Isse Maxamud (AUN) and was raised by him like a daughter. She has been living in Sweden since the early 1970s, when Abdullahi Isse Maxamud (AUN) was posted there as Ambassador. Her speeches are moving and she is a throw back to an era when Somalis were nationalists.

Re: NOTABLE BANAADIR PEOPLE

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 am
by Osob101
:lol: