Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AMISOM Confess To Marka Massacre........

Important topics on Somalia national matters.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

AMISOM Confess To Marka Massacre........

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:16 pm

***Please don't spam this with personal comments or discuss Terrorist Groups- For Information Only - Very Important News****

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for honouring my invitation at short notice.

This afternoon I would like to talk to you about the incident involving AMISOM troops in Marka on 31st July 2015.

You would recall that we issued a statement on the 4th of August in which we stated that the officer in charge of the troop detachment was recalled for questioning as a prelude to a possible further investigation.

Indeed, we have established that, on that occasion, seven civilians died following an incident involving our troops.

At this juncture therefore, I would like on behalf of the African Union, to offer my sincere apology for these deaths.

We regret these deaths.

And I would like to offer sincere and profound condolences to the families of those who lost their lives, and indeed to the people and the Federal Government of Somalia.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Since we established that there was a credible (prima facie) basis for a further and thorough investigation of the allegations, we instituted a process of investigations to establish further facts into the circumstances that led to this tragic incident.

This process has already established the fact, as I have stated earlier, that seven persons died.

In addition, and it is in that regard that three AMISOM personnel have been indicted and are awaiting to be arraigned before a military judicial process.

I would like to commend the commanders for taking appropriate and responsive action in dealing with this matter in line with the Mission’s conduct and discipline procedures.

Furthermore, to establish any additional culpability, I have instituted a Board of Inquiry composed of military, civilian and police officers who are not from the Contingent concerned in order to ensure impartiality.

The investigating board will work closely with the local community leaders, the regional administration and the Federal Government.

The board will also conduct its work in a transparent manner and will guarantee confidentiality and safety of potential witnesses who may appear before the investigation board.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me reiterate here that as the Head of AMISOM, together with my colleagues seated with me here, I will continue to ensure that all AMISOM personnel, whether uniformed or civilians, armed or unarmed, strictly adhere to the fundamental principles of International Humanitarian Law as well as the African Union Peace Support Operations Code of Conduct.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Our soldiers are operating in a very complex environment. We will continue to appeal to our host communities to facilitate the work of our troops in the fight against al Shabaab.

On our part, AMISOM troops will continue to uphold the inviolability of civilian lives as sacrosanct. As such, we will continue to make sure that, as our soldiers carry out their mandate of supporting the Somali people and government in the fight against al Shabaab in this very difficult environment, we do not lose sight of this cardinal principle.

Let me conclude by once again expressing our deepest condolences to the families of the victims of this tragic incident.

That was the focus of my brief to you this afternoon.

I will now take a few questions, but let us focus on this issue.

Thank you.

Nairobi, Kenya
21 August 2015

http://amisom-au.org/2015/08/statement- ... f-somalia/

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Re: AMISOM Confess To Marka Massacre........

Postby jalaaludin5 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

AUN to the dead.

Nothing more to say.
-
-
-

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:28 pm

What happened to/in your other thread

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Jaladudiin, Amiin!

Thuganomics...I don't know why this one has been moved, it is a very important message that all Somalis should read, its not something I invented to discredit AMISOM, the link is there. The other thread had a silly conversation with incognito where non explicit and legal, silly personal exchanges were shared. Hyper moved it to the Extreme Section. What is the general discussion for, he moved it to the places where no-one would even see it, he even banned it from being posted in the Politics General Discussion area. What happened? Can you ask him?

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:13 pm

PM him yourself sis I don't want to be the go between. I'm sure he'll have a legitimate reason
It's prolly something a third party said or did cos I don't see anything wrong with the content of the actual original post

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:42 pm

I thought I missed something. I agree, most likely a third party, thanks anyway.

Thuganomics

Postby Thuganomics » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:13 pm

I thought I missed something. I agree, most likely a third party, thanks anyway.
I thought I missed something too hence my Q

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 pm

I'm baffled, Hyper moved it here out of paranoia, which is sad but a reality in this day and age.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.