Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How can we destroy Somalia?

Somali government affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you support the NEW states?

I support it, any caring Somali would
70%
No, I am a traitor and a warlord-lover, I hate the concept and I hate Somali people
30%

Total votes: 10

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

How can we destroy Somalia?

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:21 am

I'm not talking about the state, its already beyond destroyed. I'm referring to the nation/republic of Somalia as seen by the UN and world community. I propose something new in its place and you are free to vote on it. This whole mission is pending if Shabaab fails, otherwise this is as futile as those pseudo-states being planned in nairobi hotels.

Somalia as a nation has as much legitimacy as Kosovo or Biafra; most recognized nations today are formed on either colonial lines or previous unions and empires. Ethiopia is a previously-formed empire, UK is a previously formed union, but Somalia was struck up solely on colonial lines and even in 1960 we managed to defy that by unifying two separate colonial entities.

Before the late 1800s, there was no such thing as Italy----EVER! There exists no such state as Italy, as far back as the collapse of the Roman Empire, the Italians were divided as the Venetians, the Genovese, the people of Rome, the Sardinians, the Neapolitans, and the Sicilians among many other independent regions. The only thing that brought them together was sharing the same peninsula, same with the British peoples' - Italians just like their British counterparts recognize the huge diversity in their nations and the racism and division within its indigenous peoples'.

So, lets look back beyond the first Somali states in the 1960s. Has their ever been a unified force in the Somali peninsula that was dominated by Somalis and existed solely to govern Somalis or even strictly the Somali peninsula? No. And there is your answer. We lost nothing, and no time in experimenting with this new-age nation-state thing, it didn't work out, and its time to move on.

I propose Somali states based on cultural and geographic similarity, because clan states are flawed and ultimately laughable in this era and they bring up the question of shared regions.

Purple = Northwest Union
Green = Confederation of Mudug States
Pink = Barwaaqostan, it will also inherit the rights to Mogadishu since they are the most peaceful and productive people
Red = Southwest Union
Yellow = Waamostan, this hotly-contested and troubled region will be re-educated and isolated from all competing entities to allow the people to heal and lock away any grudges

Support the future. :up:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: How can we destroy Somalia?

Postby gurey25 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 am

:lol: @ nnorth west union

you cant say Somaliland can you, still a hater.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 am

The unrecognized Somaliland state has nothing to do with my proposal. My proposal encompasses all regions we refer to as "Waqoyi" rather than portions of the northwest of Somalia run by the self-titled Somaliland which does not control all the marked regions in my map. Whereas some people in the northwest (eastern Sanaag, Buuhoodle, some in Awdal) do not consider themselves part of any fictional Somaliland state, they would not challenge being part of a Northwestern Union as proposed. At the end of the day this region would be independent in my vision, but I find the name "Somaliland" to be awfully tasteless.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:44 am

You cannot wish away Somaliland,
IT is there to stay, harti areas have no choice but to remain in these borders,
There is no force inside the borders of old somalia that can threaten somaliland.

so i would advise you to deal with reality.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:51 am

I think you are giving this speech the wrong guy, I have nothing to do with this Somaliland fantasy, send the memo to Dulbahante if you wish. :lol:

As for reality, you've been waiting for 20 years for independence and even your allies and caretakers, Ethiopia, US, Djibouti, AU, EU have all said absolutely no to the idea. I think you should be working harder to deal with reality. I don't think Dulbahante are threatened about being taken over by an entity that only exists on the minds of a few by the way.

Personally I'd vote 100 times yes to Somaliland independence, the only people who don't want to see Somaliland independence is your own people. Ask yourself why they haven't done anything constructive for independence, ask yourself why they have not made the right moves in Mogadishu to get closer to that goal, ask yourself why they keep putting themselves in a position of being a client-state of their neighbors rather than equal partners. Ask yourself why your leaders spend more time in the London than Washington or New York. Ask yourself why they skip out on any international hearing on Somalia. Somalilanders don't want Somaliland to be independent, that's your reality.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 am

I see you still have a difficulty seeing the difference between fiction and facts on the ground.
You still take seriously the TFG which is a fictional entity, why should somaliland communicate or even recognize the TFG
when the Mayor of Awdal commands more men and more territory than Sharif?

There is no recognition comming within the next 20 years, this is proven, the americans have already told us this.
They will however recognize us like Taiwan, officially part of china but independant.
They will facilitate trade links and diplomatic support within 2 to 5 years.

In the mean time we exist as facts on the ground.
and you cannot ignore facts on the ground.

ciyaal_warta
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ciyaal_warta » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 am

we want our own state . :down:
hiiiraan state :up:

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:59 am

There is no recognition comming within the next 20 years, this is proven, the americans have already told us this.
They will however recognize us like Taiwan, officially part of china but independant
LOL so you gave up to be recognized ?
USA recognized because they want to have a close eye on their biggest enemy: China and they're on the thought of 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'. USA doesn't have a role for Sland, djibouty stole the show since they allowed the biggest US milliary base of Africa in their sole.

Why would you think you guys will have the same claim as Taiwan?

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:09 am

USA recognized because they want to have a close eye on their biggest enemy: China and they're on the thought of 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'. USA doesn't have a role for Sland, djibouty stole the show since they allowed the biggest US milliary base of Africa in their sole.

Why do you care what role S/L plays for the US. I thought your capital was Boosaaso? Deal with your pirate infestation before sticking your nose in our business. Even if nobody recognises the state of Somaliland for a 1000 years, we will always be separate and independent for Somalia. Peace.

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:16 am

Why do you care what role S/L plays for the US. I thought your capital was Boosaaso? Deal with your pirate infestation before sticking your nose in our business. Even if nobody recognises the state of Somaliland for a 1000 years, we will always be separate and independent for Somalia. Peace.
Stop being emotional. I care because of the fantasy that you guys live in alot of your people became economical refugees in Bosaso. You are like the Polish people :P

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:53 am

Why do you care what role S/L plays for the US. I thought your capital was Boosaaso? Deal with your pirate infestation before sticking your nose in our business. Even if nobody recognises the state of Somaliland for a 1000 years, we will always be separate and independent from Somalia. Peace.
Stop being emotional. I care because of the fantasy that you guys live in alot of your people became economical refugees in Bosaso. You are like the Polish people :P
Nobody is emotional, I'm just saying can't you majeertenians find something more useful to do with your time than hate on our success? The few Isaaq businessmen (mostly hj) in boosaaso are there because they want to expand business. Don't fault us for our hard-working and entrepreneurial spirit, while you live on the carcass of somalia and anti-piracy donations. Peace.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:57 am

^ And yet you come to Bosaso, who do you think built it? Those "carcass feeders" - if you left your Burco to go to a "carcass feeder's" town than Burco must be awful :lol:

D-Runner
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: What plan? Let's just meet up for a cup of tea and come up with our own state too.

Postby D-Runner » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:20 am

Brilliant idea :up:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:52 am

already distroyed long time ago.
somaliland and puntland doing well their own way, whether we agree or not.

rest Allah o sahlo. better nin walba their traditional region iney iska distan, (the place they're majority, an qofna ko heysan)

ababanoah
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ababanoah » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:44 am

like mad mullah said "idoor and infidels are brothers and indicated women for majerteen" so if you really want to destroy somalia,the must start the capital and that had already begun.the mind of the new colony had seen the long beautiful ocean and their welathy land that their people abandoned.they took the country educators and gave guns to alshabab and what they said are government.they brought slave soldiers from uganda to destroy the capital to bring a picture that this land is for alqaida and must be taken by the colony.so what you have to know mr enemy that someday our people will stand for their land and restore their beautiful flag and dignity and the five star people will gain their freedom one somalia under god.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.