Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AMISOM and SNA

Somali government affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

AMISOM and SNA

Postby EvolSyawla » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:12 am

I know I personally strongly distrust AMISOM, especially after abuses against our women and obvious back-door politics have come to light, however, I feel their administration are actually making some improvements to the Somali National Army....We'll run them out eventually fam, don't worry.

I am sure most equipment and equipment necessary for a national army to be affective against home grown cancers (Alkebab) were destroyed or broken BECAUSE:

I have recently been clearing A LOT of new equipment for the army. It says going to AMISOM, so I was initially angry thinking that they have been strengthening their presence for the past year, but all of this equipment was actually destined for the SNA. I am about to clear another huge shipment, and after some questions, that's where I discovered it.

Ambulances, firetrucks, water and fuel tankers, Armored police vehicles and buses etc. Also ALOT of hospital and medical equipment.

Am I naive for being happy? What are your thoughts?

Redsea90

Re: AMISOM and SNA

Postby Redsea90 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:28 am

I don't get it. how does someone in hargeisa have access to government info and sensitive army deliveries that's private. I will report u to the somali goverment since u are isaak and probably Alshabaab.

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:32 am

While Amison are not angles and are not purely in Somalia to help Somalis, with out them Somali state will not have come back. I was in Mogadishu the day Alkabab left Mogadishu and we drove through jidka wadnaha, Amison have actually fought street by street fighting with Alkabab.

If HSM have been an effective leader by this time our reliance of them would have decreased considerably.

SNA as well as other security agencies can actually handle the security of the country with proper leadership and support but if we can't even mange to make sure the financial support we received from turkey to reach security forces will this government and HSM use locally raised sources funds to support the security forces?

Amison is a double edged knife when you include Ethiopia, it is upto us how we manage it.

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.

Postby GeoSeven » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:42 am

We'll run them out eventually fam, don't worry
Optimism is the way to go Image

Armored vehicles you say? You serve your country well Evol Image

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:55 am

Daadi, You are absolutely right. But with the hunger of kickbacks being as strong as it is, how can we (those in government) possibly be intelligent enough to use what is given to us for the good of our people? Power corrupts, and if these weak criminals disguised as politicians can get a 100k boost for looking the other way, they will and have.

Anyways definitely a double edged sword. Being raped (literally) until they can wake up and take back control. It may be next generation, but inshaAllah they will.

Once the basic needs of safety and health and the security of these things are met, self-actualization is the natural next need to be fulfilled. And we are prideful enough to demand it of ourselves. I think. lol

lol Geo walaal, thanks.

Prlnce
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Prlnce » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:56 am

I know I personally strongly distrust AMISOM, especially after abuses against our women and obvious back-door politics have come to light, however, I feel their administration are actually making some improvements to the Somali National Army....We'll run them out eventually fam, don't worry.

I am sure most equipment and equipment necessary for a national army to be affective against home grown cancers (Alkebab) were destroyed or broken BECAUSE:

I have recently been clearing A LOT of new equipment for the army. It says going to AMISOM, so I was initially angry thinking that they have been strengthening their presence for the past year, but all of this equipment was actually destined for the SNA. I am about to clear another huge shipment, and after some questions, that's where I discovered it.

Ambulances, firetrucks, water and fuel tankers, Armored police vehicles and buses etc. Also ALOT of hospital and medical equipment.

Am I naive for being happy? What are your thoughts?
Without AMISOM and foreigners like the Turks this government would be over run in two days. I hear it everyday on this forum about how AMISOM rapes and abuses Somali women which is true and disgusting but like you said you rather take improvements just like the rest of Politicians and turn a blind eye on abuses of our Sisters and Daughters. Somalia is a Somali problem just like Afghanistan is a Afghan problem. No foreigner is going to make you sit down with your brother and achieve peace. Did Puntland need AMISOM did Somaliland need AMISOM? If both Somaliland and Puntland can achieve security and rule of law why can't Somalia?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... s-HRW.html

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SecretAgent » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Puntland is a desert has a pop of 1million ppl somaliland is just 1 major clan and all know each other south somalia is 6-7 million ppl its the prize of somalia.

Prlnce
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Prlnce » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:33 pm

Puntland is a desert has a pop of 1million ppl somaliland is just 1 major clan and all know each other south somalia is 6-7 million ppl its the prize of somalia.
Puntland can have a popultion of 10 people doesn't matter they have peace and didn't need African troops to accomplish it. Somaliland had to make peace with Gadurbursi which in no way or shape a minority clan. They had a Gadurbursi President from 2002-2010. They had to make peace with Issa, Warsangali and other minority clan. They had to share power in order to survive have peace and did it without African Troops. Like I said Somalia is a Somali problem and only Somalis can solve it.

GIJaamac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GIJaamac » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:54 pm

While Amison are not angles and are not purely in Somalia to help Somalis, with out them Somali state will not have come back. I was in Mogadishu the day Alkabab left Mogadishu and we drove through jidka wadnaha, Amison have actually fought street by street fighting with Alkabab.

If HSM have been an effective leader by this time our reliance of them would have decreased considerably.

SNA as well as other security agencies can actually handle the security of the country with proper leadership and support but if we can't even mange to make sure the financial support we received from turkey to reach security forces will this government and HSM use locally raised sources funds to support the security forces?

Amison is a double edged knife when you include Ethiopia, it is upto us how we manage it.
Dude shabaab withdraw from Xamar voluntarily, AMISOM did not drove them out. AMISOM is the worst thing that happened to Somalia since the independence and they are biggest reason why SNA is so unequipped. Also AMISOM mandate is the biggest reason why Kenya and Ethiopia are so successfully undermining Somalia. We never needed them and hopefully they will start packing by 2016.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:54 am

I agree Jaamac.

Prince, your post is humbling. Thank you. You're right. But Can I be realistic and say that Somalis will be able to get them out tomorrow? I say take the tanks, choppers, and all the guns necessary for SNA to stand behind a competent government's orders. Take back what's ours.

And castrate them on the way out.

I am in no way saying turn a blind eye. These injustices need to be dealt with immediately. Walahi If we could put in a president we trusted to literally blow AMISOM to smithereens, I'd be his biggest campaigner.

Kebab made Mog weak. That's how AMISOM got in. And with time, the nationalism that gives birth to strength, cohesion and independence will also come and push out AMISOM inshaAllah.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.