Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isaaq and hawiye monoply on business in somalia

Somali government affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
kanadiid90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Isaaq and hawiye monoply on business in somalia

Postby kanadiid90 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 am

LOOOOL the Issaq and Hawiyie are lowlife trash braindead apes that could not build the government they promised us all in 1989 for 3 decades !!! yet they have the energy to run a business empire hahahahahahah
tell me what government have doroos built my fellow dofaarad?

DalJecel60
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DalJecel60 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Hormuud owned by yaa kale hee --- ayr!
No Hormuud is owned by Duduble, Mr Jimcale of al Barakat.

He has Hormuud for Hawiye (mostly HG/Ayr) shareholders operating innthe south.

Gollis for Puntland region with MJ shareholders.

Telesom for Republic of SL with Isaaq (predominantly Garhajis) shareholders.

He is smart man.
Always thought Golis and telesom and hormuud were all Different companies and not subsidiaries , Amazing wallahi Mashalah.
I agree Haiwye are determined people and hense why i thibk Mogadishu wkll become wax kale in the next 15 years.

Downtown Hargiesa looks like souq dahab dubai ngl

AbdiCushite
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AbdiCushite » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

The Isaaq guy that made and owns WorldRemit is doing a lot. WorldRemit was calculated to be worth $500 million back in 2015. I think it's really close to crossing the $1 billion line. I don't use the service a lot but I saw recently that they're official sponsors of Aresenal Football Club , so their future looks bright with advertising revenue also.

Wadaanii

Postby Wadaanii » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:34 pm

do isaq own any banks

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Premier Bank - they are co-investors with Hawiye. Investors include the sons of Jirde Hussein and other former wealthy Isaaq.

Salaam Bank (Dahabshiil owns em)

They are co-investors in Takafuul insurance. Ninka dhaqajiyay sida fiican wa Isaaq from Malaysia.

There are several Isaaq owned companies that the Hawiye gave good public and private contracts. Some of them existed in Kenya but went over.

I know one that’s about to go international and open their first office in Australia. Their target group or consumers will be the general Australians not Somalis.

I think it was Sheikh Sharif who gave them major contract.

So Hawiye is good business partner.

jontroy1

Postby jontroy1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 am

Premier Bank - they are co-investors with Hawiye. Investors include the sons of Jirde Hussein and other former wealthy Isaaq.

Salaam Bank (Dahabshiil owns em)

They are co-investors in Takafuul insurance. Ninka dhaqajiyay sida fiican wa Isaaq from Malaysia.

There are several Isaaq owned companies that the Hawiye gave good public and private contracts. Some of them existed in Kenya but went over.

I know one that’s about to go international and open their first office in Australia. Their target group or consumers will be the general Australians not Somalis.

I think it was Sheikh Sharif who gave them major contract.

So Hawiye is good business partner.
damn that is good man :o Premier Bank is owned by a HG - Ayr guy

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 am

LOOOOL the Issaq and Hawiyie are lowlife trash braindead apes that could not build the government they promised us all in 1989 for 3 decades !!! yet they have the energy to run a business empire hahahahahahah
:up:

JamacFarah

Postby JamacFarah » Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 am

Hawiye and Isaaq dominate for different reasons. I think if they join their talents together they will take over the whole sub-Sahara Africa.

Hawiye has the hustle and go getter mentality especially HG while Isaaq brings the corporation and trustworthiness to the table.

People are more likely to trust an Isaaq than a Hawiye. Isaaq keeps a promise and is how they owned trust amongst Bantus in east Africa, Arabs and other maryooley. Well known.

Notice Isaaq businesses are generally bigger than Hawiye ones but Hawiye entrepreneurs are generally more than Isaaq ones.

I plan to bring a HG partner with me in the near future.

I encourage Isaaq to do business with Hawiye and vice-versa.

Generally we are cohesive and have no overlapping interests. We also offer each others something.

Peace
I agree reer waqooyi folks in general are daacad and more honest than reer konfuur but I wouldn't say that hawiye businesses are smaller than Isaaq ones imo

I think a quality that hawiye have that you missed is that they don't practice extreme nepotism/tribalism that drives away customers or refusing to work with other clans.

Dahabshiil had a chance to dominate the Somali markets but it was too clan-centered, it makes sense that hawiye pulled off having subsidiaries all over without any tension. Everyone can work easily with hormuud which has that Somali unity ethos and thousands of diverse shareholders.

Didn't reer Berbera refuse a cement factory and many other investments due to tribal reasons.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am

Hawiye and Isaaq dominate for different reasons. I think if they join their talents together they will take over the whole sub-Sahara Africa.

Hawiye has the hustle and go getter mentality especially HG while Isaaq brings the corporation and trustworthiness to the table.

People are more likely to trust an Isaaq than a Hawiye. Isaaq keeps a promise and is how they owned trust amongst Bantus in east Africa, Arabs and other maryooley. Well known.

Notice Isaaq businesses are generally bigger than Hawiye ones but Hawiye entrepreneurs are generally more than Isaaq ones.

I plan to bring a HG partner with me in the near future.

I encourage Isaaq to do business with Hawiye and vice-versa.

Generally we are cohesive and have no overlapping interests. We also offer each others something.

Peace
I agree reer waqooyi folks in general are daacad and more honest than reer konfuur but I wouldn't say that hawiye businesses are smaller than Isaaq ones imo

I think a quality that hawiye have that you missed is that they don't practice extreme nepotism/tribalism that drives away customers or refusing to work with other clans.

Dahabshiil had a chance to dominate the Somali markets but it was too clan-centered, it makes sense that hawiye pulled off having subsidiaries all over without any tension. Everyone can work easily with hormuud which has that Somali unity ethos and thousands of diverse shareholders.

Didn't reer Berbera refuse a cement factory and many other investments due to tribal reasons.
I think you are confused, dahabshiil already dominates Somali markets and has done so for the last 3 decades. Their problem is they didn’t expand to new markets like Ethiopia. They have diversified and own other major companies. I think you are saying the tribal thing for the sake of saying it. In fact it the largest in the south unchallenged for 15 years while in Somaliland smaller firms were taking their market share.

Reer berbera had issues of land disputes which they resolved, that’s why the factory is being built now.

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 am

You guys don't know the reality
In Kenya MJ have many big businesses like hashi energy dakawuo transport many other investments in transport, oil and real estate
In uganda there are wabeneyes like mandela group and other businesses
In zambia and congo we control most of the businesses like transport and factories
Don't forget Iman the yonis cumar model

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Actually it's true all Zambia businesses are MJ and they are pretty large.

I was talking to uncle who used to live in Zambia back in the late 1980s.

He told me the businesses belong to MJ and actually many of them went there to study originally.

They started with few trucks.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Tue May 21, 2019 1:57 am

You guys don't know the reality
In Kenya MJ have many big businesses like hashi energy dakawuo transport many other investments in transport, oil and real estate
In uganda there are wabeneyes like mandela group and other businesses
In zambia and congo we control most of the businesses like transport and factories
Don't forget Iman the yonis cumar model

:up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.