Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aids in Somaliland

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
GacanSareeye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Aids in Somaliland

Postby GacanSareeye » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Does anyone have the proper count, five years ago it was 5%, especially in the bordering area. thanks in advance.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Aids in Somaliland

Postby grandpakhalif » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Somalida ku degan Somaliland don't have this but those Ethiopian immigrants

GacanSareeye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GacanSareeye » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:31 pm

i think the rate is pretty high, not only bordering states but also all over somalia. with no medical facilities, modern hospitals, check-ups, and health awareness, and living next to two infected regions, and the somali maryooleys C&C (cheap and clean) being very generous, i doubt somalis would be safe from this calamity and ciqaab.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:58 am

AIDs rate is at highest in Bosaaso and berbera go figure. I can't wrap my brain as to why people living by the sea have higher HIV rate than folks inland. Maybe they feast on the fish which makes them incredibly horny.

paidmonk
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby paidmonk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 am

Its like 1.3% in Bosaso but around 2.5% in Berbera. Bosaso has a well known high Ethiopian population but I wonder what is causing HIV in Berbera. I had a table a few years ago, but it gets lower and lower the further south you go. In Berbera it starts at 2.5%, Bosaso is 1.3%, Garowe is 0.8%, Galkacyo was like 0.4%, and there were no HIV cases in places far south like Kismayo and Baydabo or even Xamar.

SultanBilal

Postby SultanBilal » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:28 am

I went back home couple years ago. The numbers are unknown due to no census. This is a very touchy issue in the Somali community. Somaliland government needs to do something about the oromo influx into the country.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:32 am

Unconquerable premarital sex is the reason. perhaps we can conclude from your table that people down south are little more conservative and traditionalists than most. Although I could make the argument that certain districts in Muqdisho like Shangani, Xamarwein, Waaberi have higher HIV rates than say Madina. Those districts tend to house more liberal folks i.e benadiris, jareer weyn. :mrgreen:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.