Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqooyi accent

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Waqooyi accent

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:50 pm

I was listening to this waqooyi sheikh in tahaajud and i enjoyed listening to this accent and I actually understood i want to learn how to speak this accent it seems more straight foward than standard somali accent so what is the grammar structures etc..

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Waqooyi accent

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:52 pm

I was listening to this waqooyi sheikh in tahaajud and i enjoyed listening to this accent and I actually understood i want to learn how to speak this accent it seems more straight foward than standard somali accent so what is the grammar structures etc..

I disagree, me, I love reer xamar accent :up: they are so kind and nice to listen. I wish I had reer xamar accent, I have reer galbeed accent ;)

SultanBilal

Postby SultanBilal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm

You cant learn you speak an accent its suppose to come naturally. you can always choose to speak a certain way. Im assuming you speak with a southern accent.

SultanBilal

Postby SultanBilal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:54 pm

I disagree, me, I love reer xamar accent :up: they are so kind and nice to listen. I wish I had reer xamar accent, I have reer galbeed accent ;)
Reer galbeed as in Galbeedka Somaliland? Awdal gebilay accent?

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:54 pm

well you dont say stuff like waayee, U say weeye U dont say stuff like waxan ku dhahay u say things like waxan ku yidhi
you dont say Gogol xaar u say Gogol xaadh U need to know when you use the dh And not the R

Woqoyi accent is the right standard accent

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Reer galbeed as in Galbeedka Somaliland? Awdal gebilay accent?

You are Sad muse, aka Embaro's inaaderkiis :down:
dont ever talk to me :arrow:

SultanBilal

Postby SultanBilal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:57 pm

hargeisagirl what is your problem you wont speak to me because i am Sacad muse. Look how stupid that sounds huno.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:58 pm

hargeisagirl what is your problem you wont speak to me because i am Sacad muse. Look how stupid that sounds huno.

She is a qudhunbuuur dont talk to her :up:

SultanBilal

Postby SultanBilal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:03 pm

what do you have some cyber beef with her.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:03 pm

well you dont say stuff like waayee, U say weeye U dont say stuff like waxan ku dhahay u say things like waxan ku yidhi
you dont say Gogol xaar u say Gogol xaadh U need to know when you use the dh And not the R

gartay sxb but the standard accent is reer mudug (Abdullahi Yusuf)

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I don’t know mudug accent there is to much ma jidho ma budhna to much of thad dh dh they over use it ereyada na wey ji jidaan wuu imahayaa instead of wu imanaya wuu jibshahaya instead of Jibsanaya that’s how they talk

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:13 pm

I don’t know mudug accent there is to much ma jidho ma budhna to much of thad dh dh they over use it ereyada na wey ji jidaan wuu imahayaa instead of wu imanaya wuu jibshahaya instead of Jibsanaya that’s how they talk
gartay i noticed the sheikh kept on saying "haa" after every sentence is this normal?

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 pm

gartay i noticed the sheikh kept on saying "haa" after every sentence is this normal?
haa

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 pm

^ :lol:

Weeye is reer mudug. If Siilanyo and AY gave a speech, more ppl will understand AY than Siilanyo, the same goes to sh sharif

I only like the wuqooyi accent when the girls speak

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Eegga Ogaden
Haatan Dhulnahante
Imika Most Isaq
Hada Warsangali

They all mean right now

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.