Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somaliland This Summer is Flooded with Qurbo-joog

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Somaliland This Summer is Flooded with Qurbo-joog

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am

Somaliland must be live this summer wallahi, im hearing from some of my friends who is emailing me, there tons of Qurbo joog in Burco and Hargeisa, there is even parties organised by the Goverment for the Qurbo-joog so they can meet each other in Hargeisa....... :sland: :sland: :sland: :up: :up: :up:

Cirwaaq
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somaliland This Summer is Flooded with Qurbo-joog

Postby Cirwaaq » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Comparing with countries of similar population.

Moldova
Pop 3.6million
Gdp $5.4 billion
Remittance $1Bilion

Panama
Pop 3.4 million
Gdp $24.71 billion
Remittance $2.4 billion

Armenia
Pop 3.3 million
Gdp $8.7 billion
Remittance $1billion

Lithuania
Pop 3.2 million
Gdp 37.21 billion
remittance $1.8billion

Jamaica
Pop 2.7 million
Gdp $12.8 billion
remittance $1.7 billion

On average Remittance is 5-20% of Gdp for countries of similar population.

Invest in land or property while you can. When recognition happens cost of land and property will sky rocket and the amount of remittance will exceed all previous records as a result of the bid to buy land and property. The businesses already setup will harvest the bulk of the remittance spike.

KyrieJama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KyrieJama » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Qurba-joogs have officially took over the city, everywhere I go I see people speaking english :up: Also the little dhaqan celis kids are in a war reer hargeisa ciyal xafad as usual they turn the city upside down every summer :down:

Mr_Alfaas
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mr_Alfaas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 am

Somaliland must be live this summer wallahi, im hearing from some of my friends who is emailing me, there tons of Qurbo joog in Burco and Hargeisa, there is even parties organised by the Goverment for the Qurbo-joog so they can meet each other in Hargeisa....... :sland: :sland: :sland: :up: :up: :up:

will garad13 attend that meeting horta :roll: :lol:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:39 am

Man just thinking about chilling with another qurbo joog with absolute no previous experience, sitting at a table drinking shah in ur own land, the same land ur ancestor lived, fought and died for is just amazing walle.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Man just thinking about chilling with another qurbo joog with absolute no previous experience, sitting at a table drinking shah in ur own land, the same land ur ancestor lived, fought and died for is just amazing walle.

Walle best feeling brother. Doesnt matter were the other person is from instantly you have so much in common and just feel great that you both happened to cross paths in your own land. :up:

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Sounds fun. :up:

I'm gonna try to organize something for Puntland diaspora students for the upcoming Summer 2013/14, I just applied for my passport. Puntland youth never return home, most of them are only attached to Xamar or their parents keep them out of touch with Puntland on purpose. This mentality needs to change.

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:10 am

Monks Its Fun wallahi, as Nobleman said No Matter where you from in Somalia or in the world, as long as your Qubro-joog) you have so much more in common with the Qurbo Joog...

i remember, when me my 3 cousins were on our way back to Burco from Hargeisa, we saw another Car That had a Problem in some village Between Hargeisa and Berbera ( Dacar Budhuq) There was 2 Girls from UK in That Car, we stopped immidetly and they turned out to be Reer Burco as well, so we gave them a lift to Burco, while their Uncle Trusted us with them :mrgreen:

Maaaaannn Im so0o Home Sick :x

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Liqaaye Hargeysa Qurbojoogs have their own hanging out spots, is Burco the same?

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:18 am

Liqaaye Hargeysa Qurbojoogs have their own hanging out spots, is Burco the same?
Not really, but Reer Burco Qurbo-joog can easily find each other, usually at the House Parties Orginsed by some other Qurbo-joogs or some Dhaqan celis that was sent back for misbehaving in the west... There is some Cafe's and Restuarns where you can meet alot of Qurbo Joogs, but there is no specific meeting spots for them, like Hargeisa has!!!

Last time i was there, nearly every street block had Qurbojoog kids running around Cuzzing each other in German, Dutch, Swedish, English and Arabic :lol: and nearly none of them knw Somali!

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Naa go to widh widh or something, ha inoo iman :lol:

As for the topic, it's amazing seeing qurbo joogs over there. You'll meet people over there that know a friend, family etc. Often you will meet regularly in the UK, i've met so many people over there walahi. At the same time there a lot of people, specially in Burco, that you will already know from the UK, atleast I did. Some of these guys go back every two summers and the more fortunate ones go 2 summers in a row and sit out on the third. I'm getting homesick just thinking about it.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Where were the two amiirs from? Xaaji Al-Afghani iyo Abu Zubeyr?

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:07 pm

^Wrong topic now fock off.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Definitely walle..
I always kiss the ground as soon as I step off.. Nothing like home :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.