Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Faces.

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
User avatar
SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 19005
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Arabsiyo ,Somaliland

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby SahanGalbeed » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Man you just talk for the sake of talking !

User avatar
CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby CaynabaX » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Based wrote:
SahanGalbeed wrote:Ours is a case of REMEDIAL secession after having eagerly entered a union with the South in 1960
There are NO recorded atrocities committed by the Somaliland gov against anybody .

In other words YOUR people have @#!*% up the country once called Somalia , we
1/ Don't wanna be part of it .
2/ will make sure we do not treat people in Somaliland the same way Maohamed Siyad Barre has treated his once upon the time compatriots , no matter who they are .

We didn't seceed because we are Isaaq and we somehow think , blahblahblah.
No ! we cut ourselves from y'allz business , cuz y'all sick and still are 20 years later . comprendes ??! :lol:


1/The Dhulbahante clan has clearly rejected SL, yet SL refuses to allow them the right of self-determination they claim for themselves.
2/You already do. See point 1.

You seceded because you felt marginalized by the South, who you entered into a union with and then "cheated" you out of your "rightful" place as one half of the Somali Union. I respect your decision to secede from Somalia because I am a supporter of self-determination for all peoples. However, denying the same rights you exercised to people amongst you that want nothing to do with the SL agenda is hypocritical and flies in the face of your supposed democratic society. The SSC has shown SL's true face as a clan enclave that wants to be a big fish in a little pond, and not the idealistic nation rising from the ashes of Somalia it claims to be. You've set a precedent for the rest of the clans in Somalia, one that I'm sure will come back to bite you in the ass one of these days. What will you do when Habar Awal (or Habar Jeclo, Habar Yoonis, Cidaagale, Samaaroon, etc.) suddenly feels marginalized from the political process and decides secession is the only answer?


Dhullos are devide some are pro Puntland (madaxweynaha ku xigeenka is Dhulbahante) some are pro Somaliland alot of Dhullos welcomed Somaliland in 2007 when Ciidanka qaranka captured Laas Caanood from Puntland. A lot of soldiers from Ciidanka qaranka are Dhulbahante themselves.So you're argument is invalid. Their problem is they are not gonna make any difference as long they stay devided. Nobody refuses them the right of self-determination, but these regions xoog aynu dictatorship ka xoraayney. So that means that our borders are non-negotiable not with Puntland nor with SSC dani.

The 'military wing' of SSC are not gonna make any difference as well, they control Buuhoodle only witch you can compare to the size of five football fields.

User avatar
Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Can't think of anything witty or interesting

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Based » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:52 pm

CaynabaX wrote:
Based wrote:
SahanGalbeed wrote:Ours is a case of REMEDIAL secession after having eagerly entered a union with the South in 1960
There are NO recorded atrocities committed by the Somaliland gov against anybody .

In other words YOUR people have @#!*% up the country once called Somalia , we
1/ Don't wanna be part of it .
2/ will make sure we do not treat people in Somaliland the same way Maohamed Siyad Barre has treated his once upon the time compatriots , no matter who they are .

We didn't seceed because we are Isaaq and we somehow think , blahblahblah.
No ! we cut ourselves from y'allz business , cuz y'all sick and still are 20 years later . comprendes ??! :lol:


1/The Dhulbahante clan has clearly rejected SL, yet SL refuses to allow them the right of self-determination they claim for themselves.
2/You already do. See point 1.

You seceded because you felt marginalized by the South, who you entered into a union with and then "cheated" you out of your "rightful" place as one half of the Somali Union. I respect your decision to secede from Somalia because I am a supporter of self-determination for all peoples. However, denying the same rights you exercised to people amongst you that want nothing to do with the SL agenda is hypocritical and flies in the face of your supposed democratic society. The SSC has shown SL's true face as a clan enclave that wants to be a big fish in a little pond, and not the idealistic nation rising from the ashes of Somalia it claims to be. You've set a precedent for the rest of the clans in Somalia, one that I'm sure will come back to bite you in the ass one of these days. What will you do when Habar Awal (or Habar Jeclo, Habar Yoonis, Cidaagale, Samaaroon, etc.) suddenly feels marginalized from the political process and decides secession is the only answer?


Dhullos are devide some are pro Puntland (madaxweynaha ku xigeenka is Dhulbahante) some are pro Somaliland alot of Dhullos welcomed Somaliland in 2007 when Ciidanka qaranka captured Laas Caanood from Puntland. A lot of soldiers from Ciidanka qaranka are Dhulbahante themselves.So you're argument is invalid. Their problem is they are not gonna make any difference as long they stay devided. Nobody refuses them the right of self-determination, but these regions xoog aynu dictatorship ka xoraayney. So that means that our borders are non-negotiable not with Puntland nor with SSC dani.

The 'military wing' of SSC are not gonna make any difference as well, they control Buuhoodle only witch you can compare to the size of five football fields.


If you can't see your two statements are mutually exclusive, you're more delusional than I thought. Implying that because you "liberated" these regions (from who, btw, the Dhullos were clearly pro-dowlad?) the people now living in these regions no longer have the right to decide their own future is ridiculous.

Doublethink ftw!

As for SSC supposedly only controlling one town, the SNM was founded in London and had zero territory in Somalia at one point. If there's one thing that's predictable in Somalia, it's that nothing is predictable.

User avatar
CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby CaynabaX » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 pm

They have the right to open political parties, to represent their degaans and their people your acting like Somaliland turned Barige Sool, koonfuurta Sanaag or Bariga Cayn in to a slaughterhouse.. When SNM liberated Sool, Sanaag & Cayn, Dhulbahantes showed zero resistance.

As for SSC supposedly only controlling one town, the SNM was founded in London and had zero territory in Somalia at one point. If there's one thing that's predictable in Somalia, it's that nothing is predictable.


The SNM witch was a 100% ISAAQ movement, showed their capabilities in warfare and showed they where not divided and liberated English Somaliland terrority while faqashtu had 30,000 soldiers operating in Somaliland against the 10,000 of the SNM. With all due respect but Dhulbahante are not capable of achieving such a military victory. If they were some HJ nomads wouldn't be after their degaans today.

User avatar
Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Can't think of anything witty or interesting

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Based » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:30 pm

CaynabaX wrote:They have the right to open political parties, to represent their degaans and their people your acting like Somaliland turned Barige Sool, koonfuurta Sanaag or Bariga Cayn in to a slaughterhouse.. When SNM liberated Sool, Sanaag & Cayn, Dhulbahantes showed zero resistance.

As for SSC supposedly only controlling one town, the SNM was founded in London and had zero territory in Somalia at one point. If there's one thing that's predictable in Somalia, it's that nothing is predictable.


The SNM witch was a 100% ISAAQ movement, showed their capabilities in warfare and showed they where not divided and liberated English Somaliland terrority while faqashtu had 30,000 soldiers operating in Somaliland against the 10,000 of the SNM. With all due respect but Dhulbahante are not capable of achieving such a military victory. If they where, some HJ nomads were not after their degaans today.


Why would they need to achieve a military victory if you're not occupying them by force?

How do you reconcile your unilateral secession from Somalia based on the right of self-determination and your denial of the same rights to other people? Is this a classic case of do as I say and not as I do.

The hypocrisy is offensive, especially in light of your claims of "oppression". If this doesn't remind you of the Jews going ham on the Palis following the Germans going ham on the Jews, you're either insane or Isaaq :lol:

User avatar
Mondey
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 4423
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: We'll resist and fight again, Strangers, thats's how freemen feel in a world of slaves.

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Mondey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:38 pm

AishahWaqooyi wrote:Bow awdal state is supported by riyalle sub clan only the rest of the samaroon hve said loud n clear that they r :sland:

Dhulls they r just confused so we cant take them seriously :arrow:


Aisha, you're wrong.. the supporters of Awdal state are from all Samaroon subclans inside and outside. the only reason why they are not active inside Awdal (currently) is bcoz there is no freedom of expression there, the corrupt insurgents called Borama police will not tolerate that. so using this excuse to minimize the popularity of Awdal state is not fair.

User avatar
accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3782
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby accident » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 pm

CaynabaX wrote:They have the right to open political parties, to represent their degaans and their people your acting like Somaliland turned Barige Sool, koonfuurta Sanaag or Bariga Cayn in to a slaughterhouse.. When SNM liberated Sool, Sanaag & Cayn, Dhulbahantes showed zero resistance.

As for SSC supposedly only controlling one town, the SNM was founded in London and had zero territory in Somalia at one point. If there's one thing that's predictable in Somalia, it's that nothing is predictable.


The SNM witch was a 100% ISAAQ movement, showed their capabilities in warfare and showed they where not divided and liberated English Somaliland terrority while faqashtu had 30,000 soldiers operating in Somaliland against the 10,000 of the SNM. With all due respect but Dhulbahante are not capable of achieving such a military victory. If they were some HJ nomads wouldn't be after their degaans today.


That is not true. They started turning everyone who was not Isaaq away only at the end, right before they declared their independence.

User avatar
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 29379
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:03 am
Location: Suldaan Emperior Gacanyarihisa

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Actually the SNM was all inclusive rebel movement it was a majority isaaq organization but there were hawiye members who were members of SNM there were Ciise members who were part of the SNM.

User avatar
accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3782
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby accident » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:46 pm

khalid ali wrote:Actually the SNM was all inclusive rebel movement it was a majority isaaq organization but there were hawiye members who were members of SNM there were Ciise members who were part of the SNM.


Thank you for the truth. :up:

User avatar
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 29379
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:03 am
Location: Suldaan Emperior Gacanyarihisa

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm

The spokesmen of the SNM in 1989 was Mujahid fagadhe dhulbahante and there were several ciise Commanders in the SNM Yibrill Maxammad ducaale and others the current awdal governor was a member of the SNM he is Gadabuursi even Mujahid Maxamamd cali had some SNM fighters the deputy chairman of SNM was Mr Cosoble in 1983.

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 4751
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Saraxnow » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Based wrote:

Things could easily change. In 1969, the entire Somali population was behind the revolution. A decade later, there were multiple clan based rebel groups.

Like I said above, SL has set a dangerous precedent in Somalia. From now on, whenever a clan feels marginalized, unilateral secession will be an option. SSC, for example, is clearly against the SL agenda. The fact that SL unilaterally seceded from Somalia on the basis of self-determination yet denies these very same rights to the people of SSC is hypocritical and is an example for other non-Isaaq clans in SL. Further balkanization is inevitable imo.

A slippery slide into a state of sub-sub-sub-sub clan statelets :|


Fail.

I already said that ''SSC'' is a foriegn club, completely out of touch with the majority of the people living in those regions. When the majority living on these lands stop waving the Somaliland flag and voting for Somaliland parties then, you are welcome to come back for immediate attention.

Thank you.

User avatar
Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 10847
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:56 am
Location: Fuck Faroole & His Supporters

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:45 am

Mondey wrote:Twenty long years have elapsed since the one-clan secessionist state called “Somaliland” was declared unilaterally in Burao in 1991 under the blazing guns of the then victorious SNM fighters, following the collapse of the Somali state led by the late Mohamed Siyad Barre. The real objective behind the creation of this phantom state that would never see light of day was to establish primarily a country dominated politically, economically and socially by one clan, the clan that supported SNM through thick and thin. The proponents of this mirage state have never anticipated the consequences of their rather unfortunate decision as they never gave a proper thought to the reactions of unionist clans in the region, or the consequences such a decision may have on the rest of Somalis. Northern Somalia is home to Warsengeli and Dhulbahanti in the east, Isaq the SNM Clan in the Centre, Gadaboursi and Issa in the West and a couple of a smaller clans scattered all over the region. Irrespective of the reactions of regional and international communities, it was always going to be difficult for the SNM clan to install their own fiefdom in the midst of formidable strong unionist clans who always banked the support of other Somali clans in central and southern Somalia to counter such a state.


International recognition hit dead-end

In a recent interview with Somalilandpress.com, Dr. Mohamed Abdillahi Omar, the foreign minister and the former lecturer of Brunel University in London, admitted rather diplomatically that the secessionist’s endeavor to gain the much-sought after international recognition had hit difficulties. In other words, it is dead in the water. Without exactly saying the word dead, he mentioned his initially hyped trip to China alongside with Ahmed Silanyo in which tripartite trade deals between China, Ethiopia and “Somaliland” were supposed to be signed had ended in failure for reasons Dr. Omar deliberately avoided to explain but believed to be related to the enclave’s status in the international community. The painful fact is that “Somaliland” cannot enter deals with the outside world because, as far as international community is concerned, they don’t exist. The international community, including regional bodies such as IGAD and Arab league, doesn’t recognize “Somaliland” as a legitimate state. They recognize the TFG of Sheikh Sharif Ahmed as the sole and legitimate government of Somalia. In addition to Dr. Omar’s candid admission, anyone who observed Ahmed Silanyo’s statements during his recent trip to London, Addis Ababa and Djibouti, together with his body language will tell that the most veteran politician in the enclave, who had seen better days in Somalia during a spell of eight years as being a prominent economics minister, may finally be giving up this unattainable dream that exhausted the enclave’s meager resources. Unlike Riyaale, who used to promise the earth as far as international recognition is concerned every time he returned home from personal trips to abroad, often hyped as official trips by “Somaliland” officials, the incumbent Ahmed Silanyo is at least honest enough to show his frustration and share his lack of progress with the public in the attainment of international recognition.

His recent after-midnight interview with the “Somaliland” press in which he talked, among other things, the lack of progress in the hunt of international acceptance is another indication that things are not getting better for the secessionists. In fact, things are getting from bad to worse. Despite privately endorsing “Somaliland”, it is an open secret that Ethiopia had never wanted to see another Somali state, albeit “Somaliland”, breathing on its neck, although politicians in Addis are happy to see the continuation of the status quo in the Somali peninsula as it suits them pretty well. Worst of all, Ethiopia has smelled a rat in Ahmed Silanyo’s cabinet and this made things even more complicated than they were under Rayaale’s regime. Zenawi, who was in good terms with Rayaale’s government, sees certain prominent ministers of Ahmed Silanyo’s government, among them Mohamed Hashi Elmi and the departed Dr. Gaboose, as staunch supporters of Somaliweyn (greater Somalia), hence a threat to the Ethiopian sovereignty. Ethiopia, believed to be an honest friend of “Somaliland” rather mistakenly, may have finally pulled the brakes on the secessionist’s runaway train.


SSC and Awdalstate factor

The communities of Sool, Sanaag and Cayn as well as Makhir have always detested the idea of one-clan state being erected in their backyard and declared their intention from the get go that they would not entertain such a notion. But the secessionists, having amassed weapons and believed that nobody can withstand with their might, had gone alone with it anyway and formed an administration called “Somaliland” in the former British Somali Protectorate in Northern Somalia. At the height of secession in the early nineties, “Somaliland” supporters in the Diaspora community in the UK were reportedly told by the former British Secretary of State for Overseas Development, Lynda Chalker (now Baroness chalker of Wallassy), that for “Somaliland” project to stand any chance of succeeding, they [secessionists] should bring other northern clans onboard the secession bandwagon, a mammoth task that was always going to be difficult to undertake. Believing that everyone was on their side, the secessionist flatly rejected such a suggestion. So long as SNM had the upper hand militarily, they couldn’t care the feelings of unionist clans. This had created resentment among unionist communities in SSC, Makhir and Awdal.

Then as expected came Awdalstate in March 2011, a Diaspora-inspired regional administration that threw the gauntlet to Hargeisa-based authority. Although secessionists have taken Awdalities for granted for reasons only known to them unlike SSC, a simmering resentment was always brewing in the residents of these two regions, particularly among the Diaspora community toward the secession. Awdal and Salel regions are now buzzing with the news that, at long last, an administration of their own had finally arrived, even though still at its infancy. With both SSC and Awdalstate, not to mention Makhirstate, challenging the SNM hegemony on former British Somaliland territories, the secession movement that could not manage a single support from the international community in their favor over a period of twenty years is coming to a grinding halt. All diplomatic doors are slammed on their face as far as international recognition is concerned.

TFG and Mogadishu factor

After a long and bloody civil war that has decimated more than half of its population, Mogadishu, the war-ravaged capital of Somalia, is finally emerging from its miserable past. A normal semblance of life is springing up everywhere in the city, not to mention people going out and doing their day-to-day normal chores without looking over their shoulders. Even a Turkish man (BBC report) was spotted cycling in one of the Mogadishu streets as recently as this week, a thing that was unthinkable only a few months ago. Foreign countries are re-opening their missions. The Al-Shabaab terrorist group, which brought death and destruction to the residents of Mogadishu, is on the wane although they can still pose a threat to certain areas of the city and its environs. For a large number of northern Somalia population, this is the news they longed for many years. Should peace continue to prevail in Mogadishu (and it is most likely this time round), there is no reason why many northerners would not contemplate going back to their properties in Mogadishu aka Xamar and re-start a new life. A similar situation occurred during the short spell the Islamic Courts Union (ICU) restored law and order in Mogadishu where almost half of Burao’s residents were believed to be on their toes. The current situation in Mogadishu will encourage business communities in Hargeisa, Burao, Las Anod, Borama, Erigavo and others major cities and towns in the northern Somalia to relocate their business, or at least partially, to Mogadishu, largely due its higher population together with the fact that Mogadishu is the capital of internationally-recognized Somalia. Consequently, it will have a knockdown effect on the population of Hargiesa, the current capital of the secessionists. The secessionist may think this a fantasy, but believe me you things are turning good for Somalia in general and Mogadishu in particular, and every secessionist doubting this fact is living a cloud cuckoo land.

In conclusion, if the recent events taking place in “Somaliland” are to be considered very carefully, the wheels are certainly coming off the secessionist campaign. Nothing is going in their way despite using all sorts of tactics, including hiring foreign mercenaries. Exhaustion and fatigue is showing on the faces of all the major shakers and movers of “Somaliland” project, including the top two – Ahmed Silanyo and Dr. Omar. If tenacity and hard work alone can bring international recognition, which was abundant in the secessionist camp, the one-clan state of “Somaliland” would have been celebrated in Hargeisa and Burao many years ago. “Somaliland” politicians had left no stone unturned as far as international recognition is concerned, but what they forgot to understand is the fact that the issue of secession is simply untenable. Nobody is going to buy it, especially when there is no concrete reason for secession is evident. Colonel Ojukwu, who just passed away this week in London after a long illness, tried it before and failed when he had declared a secessionist state called Biafra in Nigeria in 1967. This claimed the lives of more than one million people and ended in failure. After more than decades in the wilderness, colonel Ojukwu redeemed himself and ran for the office of presidency of Nigeria in the 2000s. I hope the current politicians of “Somaliland” will redeem themselves and initiate a constructive dialogue with their counterparts in Mogadishu for the sake of their people as well as for the good of Somali nation as a whole.



Mohamed F Yabarag

http://camuudnews.com/?p=19975


:som: :som: :som: :som: :som: :som: 8-)

User avatar
samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 am

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby samatar133 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Public Misinformation and Propaganda - Rejoinder to: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Faces by Mohamed Yabarag
By Diriye H. Abdilahi
December 03, 2011



Ronald Reagan famously said to Jimmy Carter in a presidential debate “there you go again”, to contest what heperceived to be an inaccurate narrative of his public record by Mr. Carter. In the spirit of that famous quote I must say there you go again Mr. Yabarag. If you repeat a lie enough it becomes the reality of the uninformed and a nutrient to the deficient mind. Its only benefactors become the doers of death, destruction and evil. If one takes the time to read all of Mr Yabarag articles one will discover the fascinating similarities in tone and in content as well as its acute over the top exaggeration of the facts. The only window or door that is near shut is the unionist plan to sabotage Somaliland democratic growth. Mr Yabarag contribution can perhaps be channeled toward creating a durable co-habitation plan between the unionist and the former warlord who are currently in charge of Somalia.

While I have a deep profound respect for his freedom of expression, it should not however in any shape of form consider most of work factual based information. Mr. Yabarag has been bestowed with the honorable title of WardheerNews.com contributor. Thus far his contribution to the honorable news site has been, in my humble opinion a text book propaganda based campaign against a democratic and peaceful nation.

The author’s writing is reminiscent of pre-Rwanda genocide propaganda and the dehumanization strategy of Joseph Goebbels. While I do not believe his intentionis to incite tribal war I am afraid the end result of the unionist propaganda can lead to regrettable and unfortunate political discourse. The Republic of Somaliland has the durable institutions and democratically inspired leadership that can withstand the barrage of inaccurate statements coming from abroad. However,it is the Diaspora that must be vigilant against the unruly unionist and their manipulative agenda.

To be received as reality a propaganda must evoke the interest of an audience and must be transmitted through an attention-getting communications medium, it must heighten the anxiety,frustration and fear of the recipient through perceived or minimal infraction. "one-clan secessionist state ……Isaq the SNM Clan in the Centre ….The communities of Sool, Sanaag and Cayn as well as Makhir have always detested the idea of one-clan state being erected in their backyard”. The author’s article sreads like the Hutu Ten Commandments published in a Hutu journal called kangura. These Ten Commandments consider Hutus who cooperated with the Tutsi in any manner as a traitor. Mr. Yabarag's constant fixation with perceived tribal dissatisfaction and political discontentment based on imaginary clan issues in the Republic is nothing more than an attempt by the unionist to lay the foundation for the exportation of the incurable diseases which have ailed Somalia over the past two decades. In times ofs oul searching and peace keeping why would anyone stoke the fears of the uninformed to disturb a hard earned peace and balanced prosperity?

I find it comical when the author takes the liberty of advising Somaliland government on foreign affairs. “I hope the current politicians of “Somaliland” will redeem themselves and initiate a constructive dialogue with their counterparts in Mogadishu”. Are you kidding me, what would be the topic of the day? Does the author truly believe that the TFG has any sort of political or leadership legitimacy in Somalia. Perhaps Mr. Yabarag assumes the TFG acceptance of foreign invasion has earned them enough creditability to be seated at the same table as democratically elected officials of Somaliland.

I have come to realize Mr. Yabarag utter disregards for the people of Somaliland and its leadership but at least have the common decency to give some differentiations in basic human elements between a legitimate government and IGAD appointed expats.

To The People of Somaliland

The Republic of Somaliland andits entire population is on the right path, a path to democracy and peace guided by virtues based on tradition and common goals. While some might view the rebirth of the second republic, the restoration of dignity and humanity to millions of oppressed people as an exclusive endeavor. The citizens of Somaliland enjoy today peace and freedom through under the creation of a government that is accountable and transparent. It is never too late to contribute to the democratic growth of your nation. If your voice has not been heard before now is the time to speak for the continuation of the peace and development that has been taking root in Somaliland. Do not fall prey to those who wish to deprive you of the peace and property which they enjoy in foreign lands. Many of you have seen the evil of dictatorship and the agony of leaderless governing? Do not let the un-invested few destroy what you have built through shared sacrifice and determination. There is no greater recognition than that of self determination through God given rights. Stand for democracy, stand in unity and hold firm to your principals of equality and justice for all. Let your democratic foundation be the pillars which strengthen your national morality and all the functionaries of your government. Do not become an easy conquest to those who can now barely hold you in check when united. The platform is yours use it wisely and use it for peace and brotherly love.

I hope in the near future Mr.Yabarag would entertain us with an analysis that demands close examination of the past and present, with disciplined generosity to the years ahead. May Allah bless Somaliland and its people and may he give peace and prosperity to Somalia.

Diriye H Abdilahi
Peaceand Milk
E-Mail:diriyee@gmail.com
http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles_11 ... ganda.html

User avatar
samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 am

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby samatar133 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 pm

False Alarms and fiction tales: A Rejoinder to Mr Mohamed Yabarag’s Article
By Diriye H. Abdilahi
October 20, 2011


The devil deed is never done from dusk to dawn and the unionist lies will die in dry for its lack of truth to take root. Lucifer the son of morning has misled many to great tragedy. The unionist perception of Wright and wrong, up and down must be the work of Lucifer himself. The legitimacy of Somaliland is a settled issue of past history and the democratization of the republic is in its final stages. Therefore, the will of the people toward self-determination is irreversible and unstoppable. To simply reminisce about the past of a nonexistence glory days can have its unintended consequences of self-victimization. If articles such as Mr. Yarabag are left unrequited the future of Somaliland will not be bound by its delusional misconception. However, it is an act of intellectual integrity and an attempt to lead the misguided unionist to a holistic and righteous path of repentance that one must have a fact based interlude to a propaganda based narrative.


There are many comparable tales such as Mr Yarabag article “All is Beginning to Fall Apart in the Secessionist Enclave of Somaliland” which overstates the obvious to make a case for the demise of Somaliland. The celebration of perceived misfortunate and misery of others would hardly qualify as a call for unity. The author writes “the beginning of the end of that hopeless chase of statehood …. And to the delight of unionist communities”. The borderless vultures waiting for the corps of Somaliland must dig up the victims of yesteryears to feast on their bones because Somaliland is on a path of no return. Time and time again the unionist shows its true colours and validates Somaliland pursuit of peaceful democracy to the world communities.

In fact I would go as far as to say the unionist are the best lobbyist Somaliland can have in pursuing its rightful place in the international community. The description of so called Somaliland collapse in MR. Yabarag article is nothing more than the result of Somaliland commitment to good governance and democratic principles. To depict the actions of open descent (public dialogue), the lack of total support for the president’s policies (active citizenry), the expansion of political voices and the vigorous debate about the future of the country as an act of revolt is delusional and wishful thinking. The mischaracterization of common functionality of democracy or the call for tribal instigation is evil and Lucifer - like behaviour.

It is an open secret that Somaliland has the purest form of democracy in the great continent of Africa. If the unionist wants to continue Somaliland foreign relation work; I would suggest that it ask for minimal fee to compensate the authors of article such as “All is Beginning to Fall Apart in the Secessionist Enclave of “Somaliland” By Mr.Yaragab. Somaliland does not need any a third party to highlight its democratic achievements; its success is a matter of public pride and world admiration.

Misery loves company

Imagine being married to an addictive wife for a very long time and after years of tolerating her addiction you finally said enough is enough and choose to regretfully end the marriage. After years of relapse, the only hope of renewing the unholy matrimony is for her to wish that you suffer the same faith of addictive turmoil. The inability of the unionist to let go of an unrealistic endeavours and focus on the resuscitation of Somalia is incomprehensible and shameful.

The most peculiar aspect of the unionist central argument for unification revolves around the destruction of Somaliland democratic growth. The avoidance of political repentance and cultural rehabilitation can only contribute to the demise of Somalia. The calls for chaos and conflict to mirror one’s own situation will not cure Somalia of the disease ridden shariifs and blood thirsty Shabab. Based on Mr. Yarabag article the Republic of Somaliland must descent into mayhem in order to the comfort the broken heart, battered spirit and the physiologically damaged unionist. Deep in their heart is the fear of Prosperous Somaliland that is democratic, peaceful and neighbourly.


The irreconcilable differences which have compelled Somaliland to regain its independence from Somalia still remain the core value of the unionist. The lack of accountability, greed, and apathy toward indigenous based political system as well as deep hatred toward humanity, the very foundation the unionist is touting as its core values. Mr Yabarag article does not offer a single plausible reason as to why Somaliland should jump into the hell of fire which has engulfed Somalia today when he says “Let us hope they will come to their sense and come back to the Somali fold”. Instead he relies on the outcomes of mundane and inconsequential routine of politicking in Somaliland to draw his conclusion of a crumbling nation. The author innuendo and character assignation is nothing new to Somaliland and its people but MR. Yabarag editorial generosity of events unfolding in Somaliland is the mother of all propaganda by any unionist thus far.

In conclusion

To disallow Somaliland its natural political maturation and growing pains of democracy would be equivalent to accepting the madness of the TFG. To view it as a sign of crumbling statehood would be acknowledging Sharif Ahmad military (Somalia President) credentials. The blatant misrepresentation of Somaliland political occurrence, the ignorance of the fact, the avoidance of the inventible is the only tool left in the unionist tool box.

Let’s just accept the author’s argument for reunification for the sake of giving the some underserved validity to his argument. What would a nation build on balance power, peaceful principals with tradition as its foundation gain from repeating past mistakes?

The assertion that Somaliland is trying hoodwink the international community into recognition while Somalia is turmoil is false. The inevitable of welcoming Somaliland into the family of nations will be easier if Somalia had some semblance of real government. The idea of Somaliland celebrating the suffering of their brethren and neighbour is devoid of fact and reality. In fact the general public in Somaliland has contributed great deal of their meagre resources to help their famine stricken brothers and sisters in Somalia.

The government of Somaliland is currently involved in the humanitarian assistance of Somalia famine stricken regions. Therefore, misinformation of hatred and ill-founded accusation about the people of Somaliland feeling towards their neighbour is truly un-Islamic. Every single individual in Somaliland prays for Somalia and the unionist. May Allah provide them beneficial knowledge and health from all mental ailment. My Allah grants them peace and prosperity and May He provide them with righteous and capable leadership that would lead them out of the darkness of the unionist to the bright lights of democracy, justice and peace.

Diriye H Abdilahi
Email: diriyee@gmail.com
Peace and Milk

User avatar
Mondey
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 4423
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: We'll resist and fight again, Strangers, thats's how freemen feel in a world of slaves.

Re: All Doors are slammed on “Somaliland’s” Secessionist Fac

Postby Mondey » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 pm

khalid ali wrote:The spokesmen of the SNM in 1989 was Mujahid fagadhe dhulbahante and there were several ciise Commanders in the SNM Yibrill Maxammad ducaale and others the current awdal governor was a member of the SNM he is Gadabuursi even Mujahid Maxamamd cali had some SNM fighters the deputy chairman of SNM was Mr Cosoble in 1983.


No Gadabuursi would be part of this

Image

Image


OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Politics - Somaliland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daleys and 15 guests