Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daraawiish and the Kacaan Revisionsim.

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Re: Daraawiish and the Kacaan Revisionsim.

Postby Tanker » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:40 am

You not confused at all , you got all the point right. That the Kacaan twisted and turned the Dervish into a Daarood mythology and use it to incite tribal hate. What you were looking for were a Daarood Dervish and non-Daarood anti Dervish , and you are disappointed so you had to ask these silly loaded questions.

:lol: inconsistent that is what all my points is

now I am more confused the kacaan turned them into a darod movement but I though the Zayid was a tribalist ? :oops:

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:04 pm

how is it inconsistent?

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Postby Tanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 pm

:snoop:

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 pm

exactly.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:40 pm

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:34 pm

that's what the mullah use to do when the British left him alone.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:06 am

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:12 pm

I have been looking for this book for a while, and finally when I got it yesterday, I was surprised to find Salaan Carrabey as the headman of the caravan along with Cilmi Xirsi " Cilmi Dalamiye" .
A List Of Headmen at that time.

Cilmi Dalamiye later became some sort of a policeman and years later put the young rascal Cali Dhuux to prison, the later plead his innocence and lamented saying:

Waa diin ladahay Dalamiyow ima duqaysayne
Dadka Igama maagteen u siman Dir iyo Daaroode
Duunyadayda lama raadiyeen dayn anoon qabine
Dusha igama saarteen Midgaan dilay Abaankiiye.

That aforementioned part was just lucky concidence , Salaan along with Cilmi Dalamiye , the reason I was searching for this book was because of its timing 1897. This Austerian traveler visited Somaliland in 1897 between the months of July and Oct a crucial time , and he went through the Habar Awal, Habar Yoonis, Dhulbahnate and Ogaden land. This exactly the time the Kacaanist claim the Mullah left Berbera ( implying the reason was the Idoor indifference to the Gaalo) and was preaching Jihaad to the Dhulbahnate who supposedly hated the "gaalo" . But as it appears the Dhulbahnate didn't much care about Gaalo or Islam as long they were getting their "Kahyli" red colored sheets , as soon as Wickenburg reached the Dhulbahnate land , they performered a Dabaal-Dag for his honor not for their Garaad as the custom dictates. This alone belies further the Kacaan version of history which am digging its grave slowly.

IV. Section. From the Dolbohanta- landscape to Ogaden. A Dibaltig (Dabaal-dag)

Since I was in Buleli the areas of Dolbohanta-Somal. Soon some thirty riders same to us to perform in my honor a Dibaltig. Most of these Somal had light-colored long hair, many sitting bareback on their little horses with by Arab Art a very sharp rod gezäunt, and everyone wore 'his little shield and two spears in hand. The Dibaltig began when placed themselves all riders in a line in front of me and had their leader, who held in the middle, and a colorful "Tob" from Khaili wound around the body, a long song sang a song of praise to me - "They say, you are a very big one, " said my caravan leader Salan, - then suddenly stob the whole society, as on command, like a whirlwind, with wild shrill call at breakneck Carriäre apart. Some threw their spears while others lay across their horses, or allowed themselves down at one side thereof to the ground; still others were performing around artful twists around trees, or made sharp saves, so that the poor horses was due to the sharp rod soon bloody foam in the mouth. Then all came back at full gallop is whizzes, parirten just ahead of me undnun began singing again, then again ended with the previously mentioned scene.

The performance of Dibaltig is Somallande a great award that is only in honor of outstanding natives or Europeans that you want to stand out, organized. I therefore gifted people also abundant with "Tobs," although I felt no joy, because the Mass usually my stores of very Transferred to the prejudice; but my Somal testified about this performance a very childish Freude.Da I a leader for my next marches benöthigte, I moved my camp after about two hours distant area Lebi Alan, where at that time the master of Arsäma Achmed, who is also among the Dolbohanta, their flocks grazed.
pp.85-86

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Who are they? Sultan Hirsi Aman?

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:24 pm

That photo appears in Douglas Jardins book, the mad Mullah, under the dubious title Dabaal Dag, the original one appears in Geffory Archer's collection at Durham University, the caption says either a group of akils or horsemen raiding the mullah.

However I agree with the last part, the tribal force of 3000 who took Taleh and killed many famous dervish were led by 13 akils. These guys are well dressed like akils. On top command of the akils as far as records were akil Maxamed Bulaale aka Xaaji Waraabe, akil Cilmi Qabile and akil Jama Axmed Shire, perhaps the most famous of them all given the history of his father Axmed Shire who was killed by the Dervish in 1908 in Daboolane h.y camels and his father Maxamed and his grandfather Sharmarke Ali Salih of Zeila. Am sure at least tow of these guys are in the photo.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Daraawiish part of hiiraan

Hiiraan was dominated by the very strict sufi sect of salihiya wich was running alot of villages along the river banks from baledweyne to buuliburde, an area that was settled initially by the xerta cabdale subclan of hawadle

At this time, sheikh hassan barsane of gaaljecel and his shiidle followers were waging jihad on the Italian farmers of jowhar

In north of hiiraan we were at war with the habasha invaders at mustaxil and qalaafe so there was heshiis between sultan olol diinle and the Italians not invade hiiraan as he was claiming the whole shabelle and they recognized him as the sultan of shabelle

We had a local wasiir (mumin fodeey) and ugaas (warfaa the granfather of professor Ahmed mumin warfaa) who were aligned with the ajuran against the habasha invasion

Italy was supplying weapons to sultan olol diinle against menelik who was aligned with Britain

After the defeat of sheikh hassan barsane forces around jowhar they moved to buuloburde...this has made the local salahiya issue jihad fatwa

A very strong, fearful and bad man have joined them after they preached to him so as part of his repentance he wanted to go to the xaj...When the italians saw him wearing his xer uniform they started mocking about his diin

He came back at night and killed 7 of them

Then he fled to taleex where came back with an army of darwiish and settled in beledweyne

This army was not accepted by the ugaas at all so sayidka has sent one of his relatives known as cagahiig and he treated so bad with the people until everyone fled to buuliburde

In the other hand he was at war with the ajuran just behind baledweyne

Indhoceel was made the commander and he was attacking the Italian bases at buuloburde and taking the livestock of the people who fled to there

From this point I can understand the darwiish as anti-colonial national movement but it's method was very harsh...for this reason they couldn't stay more than two years in baledweyne

But hawadle were originally considered as pro daraawiish since the sect invited them

Bc of its bad strategy, and attacks on ajuran and mudug were Italians had relations with, they have been attacked at galkacyo, baledweyne from buuloburde and qalaafe at the same time

The man who liberated baledweyne from daraawiish is called caqiid ibrahim, later hawadle would sing his name " caqiidna waa akhi" but the town was occupied by the Italians next day and the habasha have reached mustaxil, so somehow the Italians have saved baladweyne from habasha..another resistance against Italy began led by sandhool guure..he was deported to a prison in asmara until he got released in 1946 by britain after 7 years

وهكذا، وسبب اطلاق هذا العام بجمعة (Indhaceel) – كما رواه لنا فضيلة الشيخ أبوبكر محمد عمر المفتش السابق في وزارة التربية والتعليم الصومالية – كان هذا الرجل قاطع طريق يمارس النهب والسلب، وقد تاب إلى الله وأراد أن يؤدي فريضة الحج، ذهب إلى سلطات الاحتلال في مدينة “بولوبرتى” فدخل على الحاكم الإيطالي ومعه عدد من ضباطه، فطلب منهم وثيقة السفر لأداء فريضة الحج، وقالوا له مستهزئين أنتم المسلمون لديكم الاعتقاد إذا قتلتم من ليس على دينكم تدخلون الجنة، فلماذا تتعب نفسك، اقتلنا تدخل الجنة الموعودة لكم !، فخرج من عندهم وهو غضبان، و في اليوم التالي عاد إليهم وكرر الطلب وكرروا الرد، وأخرج سلاحه الذي خبأه تحت ثيابه وأطلق عليهم النار وقتل منهم ستة ضباط، ثم هرب ولجأ إلى مركز المجاهدين في ” تليح” عند السيد محمد عبد الله حسن، وبهذا سموا هذا العام بجمعة (Indhaceel).

http://arabic.alshahid.net/columnists/132674

Caqiid ibrahim diinle....he's cabdalle hawadle.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:26 pm

That's not a Xawaadle man that's the brother of Suldaan Olol Diinle of the Ajuuraan.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Personal and Historical Memoirs of an East African ... - Page 112

Sir Geoffrey Francis Archer - 1963 - ‎Snippet view - ‎More editions
Their choice was a happy one since Haji Ow Aden Elmi was the only young Somali Akil in my time to have been given an independent administrative post because of his ability and sense of probity. His 'sword arm' was Akil Haji Mohammed ...
Akil Haji Aden Elmi , is Xaaji Aden Cilmi Qabile of the Isxaaq ( Foosiya's great-grandfather) he was the head of the Hagoogane raid ( elected by other clans for his stable judgment) while Xaaji waraabe was the commander.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:57 pm

That's not a Xawaadle man that's the brother of Suldaan Olol Diinle of the Ajuuraan.
kkk bc of the name diinle? This name is common in hawadle, ajuran and wacadaan cusman (sister of abgaal in afgooye-lafoole) his full name is caqiid(colonel) ibrahim seedow diinle
See here
http://hiranstate.com/print.php?type=N&item_id=1522

Unlike of you and britain who call him the mad mullah, hiiraan was fertile ground for daraawiishta. The late professor saciid samatar has made some fabrication about daraawiishta seeking beledweyne as some sort of strategic place to defend ogaden, it was indhaceel who went to taleex asking military aid as fellow salihiya.. how can sayidka know about beledweyne? Indhaceel has came back with an army that was including adoons...in our clan the ugaas is the political leader too, ugaas rooble was allied with olol diinle who was at war with daraawishta so he rejected them and indhaceel was not willing to clash with him...when sayidka heard about this he sent cagadhiig as the waali..here the relations got bad with daraawiishta bc this guy has started killing everyone...it was two hard years

Now let me explain to you its historical background

Hawadle were salihiya even before daraawiishta appeared

See this from salihiya family

http://www.somaliatodaynews.com/port/20 ... 12-30.html
Sh mohamed guleed, sh bashir the previous links granfather, sheikh shuayb the granfather of the owner of zamzam foundation...that village called hawadle was named after sh guleed, it's not near mogadishu rather balcad in a place they call qalimow
http://arabic.alshahid.net/columnists/53492

We have books in the history of salihiya
حلقات مساجد مبارك والشين.

وكان الحاج محمد كثير السفر إلى بيت الله الحرام حاجاً ومعتمراً وطالبا للعلم والتزود بالمعارف عند مشايخ الحرمين الشريفين واكتساب العلم والفوائد بمباشرة الرجال، وفي مكة المكرمة والمدينة المنورة التقى السيد محمد صالح السوداني مؤسس الطريقة الصالحية وأخذ عنه الطريقة، كما التقى مفتي مكة المكرمة آنذاك، وفي عودته من البلاد المقدسة التقى بالسيد محمد عبد الله حسن زعيم حركة الدراويش في قلعة (تليح) وأهداه بندقية كرمز للدعوة إلى الجهاد، خاصة وأن العشائر الصومالية في محافظة هيران كانت مؤيدة وموالية لحركة السيد محمد عبد الله حسن الجهادية، فتعددت المشارب التي نهل منها الحاج محمد عبدي زياد بتعدد شيوخه، بيد أن أكبر مؤثر في علمه السلوكي كان السيد محمد جوليد؛ الذي أخذ منه علم السلوك(5) يقول الشيخ إبراهيم بن السيد محمد جوليد في كتابه “الدرر البهية في مناقب مشايخ الطريقة الصالحية” عن مناقب الحاج محمد عبدي زياد: (.. هو العالم العلامة ذو المحبة الصادقة والسيرة المرضية، لازم شيخه محمد جوليد خدمة له حتى صار من أهل بيته وأمين سره ومبعوثه الخاص في القضايا المهمة،… كلفه شيخه محمد جوليد بالانتقال إلى مسقط رأسه في محافظة هيران للدعوة إلى الله وإرشاد الناس إلى الحق، فأنشأ بلدة “مبارك” الواقعة جنوب مدينة بولوبرتى على بعد 30 كيلومتراً، وأحيا فيها الشريعة والطريقة(6) ثم يختتم المؤلف حديثه عن الحاج محمد عبدي زياد بقوله ” لا شك أن الحاج محمد نورٌ في عصره وبلده ومرشدٌ في منطقته، وكانت له في ذلك جماعة صلحاء تساعده على فعل الخيرات والطاعات، ولما كثر الإخوان في بلدة “مبارك” أنشأ لهم بلدة أخرى سماها “الشين” وأحيا فيها الشريعة والطريقة كما أحيا في البلدة الأولى “مبارك”.

Owner of al macaarif foundation a well known salihiya family

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004098831709

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:49 am

X.Playa

Salixiyada asalalka ah hiiraan bay ka jirtey ama dad hiiraan ah

waxaa jiray dhul la dhoho daafeed oo dacwada iyo fiqiga diinta aad ugu xoogneed, waa degmada hada loo yaqaan walawayn ee shabeelada hoose oo ku xirneed xeebaha marka iyo baraawe oo dacwada ka soo faaftey culimadii hawadlaha ee meeshaan ka baxdey ayaa ayagoo xaramaynka waagii cusmaaniyiinta kutub ka raacanaya waxay kulmeen sheikh mohamed salax oo sudan ka soo jeeday markey soo noqdeen wayka baxeen daafeed oo waxay aaasaaseen maraakiz iyo tuulooyin saalixiyo ah from qalimow km west of balcad to baardheere 25km south of baladweyne waxaa ka mid ah, jameeco Mubarak, jameeco al mukhtar, jameeco sheikh bashir, jameeco shiin, jaameeco baardheere, jameeco macruuf oo hada tuulooyin waawayn ah dhinaca wabiga

Sayid moxamed asagana wuu la kulmay sheekh saalax laakiin faqiih ma ahayn wuxuu ahaa xeroow aan kutub dhamayn, saa darteed markuu soo noqdey oo sufi jihadiya qaatey wuxuu laayay muslimkii meeshii gaalada lagu jihaadi lahaa! Marka siyidka waa mujaahid laakiin faqih ma ahayn saa darteed sheekh salah waa ka bari noqdey markii maqley dilka muslimiinta

Map of daafeed-hiiraan-west of jowhar..baardheerada gedo culimada aasaastey ee reer daafeed meeshan bay ka yimaadeen...sayidka awoowgiis baardheeruu wax ku bartey

Anaga daafeed meesha kor guduudka yar baan ka galnaa, aniga waxaan ka soo jeedaa yaaqbariwayne oo walawayn ku taal, waxaa u badan gaaljecel sida leego laakiin raxanwayn baa iskaleh...gaaljecelka waxaa ku xiga garre at balidoogle...anaga qoryooley baan hadana ka bilaabanaa ilaa jubooyinka

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... JpIjoidCJ9

Buuga kaliya ee saluxiyada somalia ka hadlaya waxaa laga helaan hiiraan...aqri commentska ay ku codsanayaan buuga...wali daabacad ganacsi lama galin ayuu ugu jawaabay.
http://arabic.alshahid.net/columnists/132674

http://ixiir.com/articles/%D9%85%D9%82% ... B1%20.html

Salihiya of hawadle
http://albashir.freeservers.com/faqayfamily.htm

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.