Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Majestic Oodweyne

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Majestic Oodweyne

Postby X.Playa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Baha Ismaciil do live in Oodweyne district although not in many numbers as before since many of them immigrated to Haud. Infact in 1960 Feb Somaliland parliament
the only seat Oodweyne had in the entire Somaliland came from Reer Abokar(Baha Ismaaciil).

Max’ud Yaasiin Sh Muuse
H.Y. Reer Abokor(Baha Ismaaciil).
Oodweyne
http://longlivesomaliland.com/xogogaal_ ... aankii.htm

Maxamed Yaasiin sheekh Muuse, got that sit through the famouse name of his grandfather sheekh muuse of Xaaxi the man who refused the western H.Y to join the Dervish when sultan Nuur demanded. He was a famous sheekh of the Qaadiraya ( although thats a suspect, in some corners they beleive he was Andaraawiya sheekkh a branch of Axmediya and not Qaadiriya) he went to Sheekh Maxamed Saalax al-Rashiidii in 1899, his grandson sheekh Maxamed was the founder of Xizbulla.

That fact doesn't prove anything you could be elected anywhere for example Micheal Mariano in Burco although his sub clan is from Sanaag , reer Abokor reside in upper Hawd south of Daroor in Raybad Dheere area and not in Oodweyne.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Perhaps not the town itself as mentioned Bah Dhulbahante make up the majority there but Bah Ismaaciil do have settlements in Oodweyne district for
example Shilmaale north west of Oodweyne is settled by Carabla (Baha Ismaaciil) Kaliil's peeps. Just because majority of them have made settlements in the
Haud across the border doesn't mean they completely abandoned their original deegaans. Muusa Cabdalle do also live in the district such as Laan Mulaaxo and
north of Oodweyne places like Haqaayo but majority of them are found in Sheikh and Berbera districts even Burco they are all over the place. The reason you
never hear sub sub sub clan settlement references is Oodweyne region settlers firstmost see themselves as a unit rather than sub sub sub clan.

http://oodweynenews.com/v1/2011/01/dugs ... awiro.html

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm

According to this Kaliil there is more of his sub clan then muuse cabadalle and Guyoobe, the fact is Guyoobe alone outnumber them, thats matter of fact. My granfather was born in oodweyne long before even the muuse cabdalle settled in Berbera during the 1940's , it just shows you how much of h.y history you people know. Whats the limit of Oodweyne? in the historical Oodweyne all western h.y use to settel this region bordering and limited by the Golis range in the north and the Haud by the south and West Hargaysa , East Burco. Thats the historical Oodweyne .

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Horta do Guyoobe -Cidagale have 1 village in Oodweyne?
Lol I don't believe Muusa Cabdalle are recent settlers incase in point HY were having conferences in Laan Mulaaxo. Laan Mulaaxo is deep inside
the border between Oodweyne region and Ethiopia and it is a settlement that existed for a while. When we say Oodweyne we don't mean historical
Oodweyne but just present Oodweyne which is majority of western Togdheer it is does not include the HY settlements of Waqooyi Galbeed or western
Burco groups, but up to Jameecada area that is where the borders between the two regions are. Also the Muusa Cabdalle of Go'daweyn
joined Sahil(remember Go'daweyn was declared as a district of Sahil back in 2008). We can only determine who is more maybe by the number of MPs
as no corruption happened in Oodweyne in the local election, there is 17 MPs.
Last edited by Siciid85 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm

When someone says Oodweyne to me that means.. Oodweyne as a district, just like Buhoodle , the village Oodweyne itself is just 1 village over 40-70 villages , if what by Oodweyne he means the village itself then that another issue all together. but the village itself is not populated by all the sub clans he enumerated.!!!!!

Guyoobe have always been living among the Western H,Y , thay have no connection with the rest of the Ciidagale..

Guuyobo waa ciidagale kaa asmici maayo

why else that line is always mentioned.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Guys untill i see facts i dont believe anything you guys are talkin about, i was always told ugaadh cumar run oodweyne. isnt the mayor ugaadh cumar.so what are you guys talking about ciidale and guuyoobe living there? it doesnt make sense

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm

X.P That was why the name Daad Madheedh was given to the region so people can differentiate between the headquarters(Oodweyne) and the region(Daad Madheedh)
when in reference to the area.

As for the Guyoobe there is some Guyoobe that live with the Cidagale waxay deegaan some farming settlement in south Hargeysa called
Ubaale. The username Bariis is Guyoobe, during 2005 Parliamentary election they had one candidate in Oodweyne but he did not came
out.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Everybody lives in Hargaysa now days , thats not histroical though, but most Guyoobe are from Oodweyne region historically. Take for exampl Col. Xaaxi the man the SSC killed during the first assasinations, he is from Xaaxi and he is Guyoobe.

Ugaadh Cumar are from Gatiitaley.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 pm

They must have immigrated or something cause I barely see a Guyoobe claiming to be from Daad Madheedh or they are very small in numbers in respect
to the area. The agricultural settlement of Xaaxi was once the headquarters of Nur Ahmed Amaan. Yeah Ugaadh Cumar are from
Gatiitalay (which I already posted in this topic), Gudubi (one of the oil seep areas in Oodweyne), Qolqol etc. They are also found in Cadaadley district of
Waqooyi galbeed with the Isaxaaq.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Timo_Case Your Reer Abti (UC) got some serious cash, why they all flocking to Hargeysa opening up hotels, gas stations etc. They should invest in their
ancestral land of Daad Madheedh.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Timo_Case Your Reer Abti got some serious cash, why they all flocking to Hargeysa opening up hotels, gas stations etc. They should invest in their
where is daad madheedh?

my abtiyaal are the original settlers of dhulka hargeisa, stupid people keep changing history sxb...u just watch my abtiyaal are gonna send a nirig to the moon soon cos they are explorers

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm

It is the regional name for Oodweyne(I know not as popular). Niyohow New Hargeysa has became like a city of its own it is larger than Kismaayo
and many other Somali cities. I think it is time people focus on the other settlements instead of flocking to New Hargeysa district of Hargeysa.
At least the reer Burco are going back to their deegaans and investing in it recently.

Hopefully construction of the over 160 km road and the port will further speed up everybody to build their ancestral lands.

Meyle
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meyle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Timo_Case Your Reer Abti got some serious cash, why they all flocking to Hargeysa opening up hotels, gas stations etc. They should invest in their
where is daad madheedh?

my abtiyaal are the original settlers of dhulka hargeisa, stupid people keep changing history sxb...u just watch my abtiyaal are gonna send a nirig to the moon soon cos they are explorers

Hargeisa was Cidagalle territory before others came, btw have you ever lived in new Hargeisa, if yes then where in new Hargeisa.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm

where is daad madheedh?

Hargeisa was Cidagalle territory before others came, btw have you ever lived in new Hargeisa, if yes then where in new Hargeisa.
thats not true, ugaadh cumar were there before them

i am from near tabliiqi masjid, near ina af diinle / hamda hotel

do you know where that is?

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 pm

It is the regional name for Oodweyne(I know not as popular). Niyohow New Hargeysa has became like a city of its own it is larger than Kismaayo
and many other Somali cities. I think it is time people focus on the other settlements instead of flocking to New Hargeysa district of Hargeysa.
At least the reer Burco are going back to their deegaans and investing in it recently.

Hopefully construction of the over 160 km road and the port will further speed up everybody to build their ancestral lands.
:up: :up: :up:

i support this motion, every one should be deported back to where they came from, even if its the next village outside hargeisa

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.