Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Celebrating failure?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Re: Celebrating failure?

Postby metamorphosis » Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Ximan do you honestly believe you are a nationalist? You are the sickest individual here so would you stop insulting us by stopping with your pseudo-nationalism crap? Let eydoor nation celebrate. At least they are not being protected by hungry gudhus like your hamar president.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Again you haven't disproved a single thing. Trusteeship and sovereign nation are two different things. You were under the UN and you had Italian supervisors when Somaliland became a sovereign nation June 26, 1960.

Jubbaland was part of British East Africa, it wasn't ruled as a single entity like Somaliland. It was purchased by the Italians but if it wasn't, it would've been part of Kenya just like NFD and not a sovereign nation.

Somaliland is not a tribal state and since you couldn't prove it why repeat the same lie over and over again? The SNM fought Afweyne so that we could regain our sovereignty.

Bermooda
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bermooda » Mon May 19, 2014 12:55 am

Talking of Eritrea how comes Somaliland has never tried creating a diaspora tax :? :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... itizenship

blizzard90
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby blizzard90 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:21 am

I agree with the topic maker, isaaq are dirty people who want to abuse other Somalis for their own gains.

Down to isaaqland :down:

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:27 am

I agree with the topic maker, isaaq are dirty people who want to abuse other Somalis for their own gains.

Down to isaaqland :down:
:lol:

blizzard90
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby blizzard90 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 am

just because you have a little peace you think you're the shyt.??
somaliland is a dirty place full of dirty isaaq people.

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:42 am

just because you have a little peace you think you're the shyt.??
somaliland is a dirty place full of dirty isaaq people.
I see you have been psychologically damaged from the 18 may events.???

whats with the sudden outburst :lol:

Warabaha
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Warabaha » Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 am

Ximan do you honestly believe you are a nationalist? You are the sickest individual here so would you stop insulting us by stopping with your pseudo-nationalism crap? Let eydoor nation celebrate. At least they are not being protected by hungry gudhus like your hamar president.

that is it. Even this dumb cagdheer big foot is telling this filthy boon the truth. It is time for dhabacyo to wake up from their long day dreaming :D :up:

GenkinMaru

Postby GenkinMaru » Tue May 20, 2014 4:37 pm

I think Liquid doesn't quite get the independance day. We're not celebrating failure but rather the fact that we by God's will controll our own fate. No longer do we have share governance with those that whish ill on us. Thats what 18th May is all about. Having said that, if you don't see the difference of Somaliland 2014 and that of 1991 and the progress made in infrastructure thank I think you're blind. Undoubtedly Somaliland needs to improve tremendously in pretty much all sectors but you have to keep in mind all of this was build by the diaspora sending money and donated aid money. Countries such as Eritrea are members of UN and with that comes great international investments mainly from countries such as China. This is nonexistant in Somaliland.

Finally this day is one that brings financial gains to local economy in Somaliland, you should remember that. To conclude we are celebrating our people, past, present and future. Those who sacrificed so that all of this was possible, those that are presently trying to improve lives of all Somalilanders and those little kids growing up, knowing that they have a country of their own and inshallah a bright future with it. I hope you understand it know!!!
I don't think you understood what I said. My point is the lives of Slanders are not improving. Democracy is the greatest trick the west ever pulled and we're lapping it up. I would rather live in a prosperous dictatorship a thousand times instead of a poor democracy. Eritrea doesn't recieve a penny from the international community. Why do we have to rely on foreign investment? Didn't ilaahey give us caqli? Must we forever reliant on other people's initiative?
First of all if you don't believe that Slanders lives haven't improved over the years, you are being disingenuous. You know you like to see yourself as the sobering voice of Sland as if no one here sees the struggle Sland faces. every honest Slander understands how big of a task it will be to ensure a prosperous country, but more importantly my country not that of a dictator. If you wanna exchange freedom for dictatorship thats your choice, however most Somalilanders would never live under the thump of dicatorship hence the armed struggle.

But your griping isn't about democracy its about prosperity. Every year the streets of Somaliland are improving, business are being started, houses are being build. Maternity deaths are decreasing steadily as improved healthcare is being provided. If you say that Somaliland is reliant on other people's initiative you're dead wrong. Slanders are doing all of this on their own without any or little aid!!!!

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Wed May 21, 2014 4:21 am

Vague platitudes like "every year things are improving" isn't good enough. The gaalo say "the proof is in the pudding". And so far I ain't seen nothing worth celebrating. Hargeisa is only bigger than it used to be. That's it. Let's not even get started on the other "cities". If anything, it all hampers SL's already slim chances of official recognition. If a business wants to invest or buy up another company, it looks at that company's finances, R&D capabilities,internal infrastructure, management etc. When the international community see SL they only see what I see, and for the sake of decency I won't spell it out. Also, I'm not praising dictatorships, I'm just being pragmantic and honest. A rich and powerful dictatorship is vastly superior to what we have now a corrupt, backward and uncivilised democracy. Poverty is the most evil of dictatorships. Democracy does not equal success. There were and are plenty of rich, successful countries that are far from democratic.That doesn't stop the rest of the world recognising and doing business with the, Meanwhile booty-dance outside Westminister to a gaal who doesn't even care you exist. I'm sure in 50 years time you'll still be doing the same thing. :up:

I think skywalker said it best, dadkeenu waa xoolo. I'm just one of the minority who aren't happy with the status quo.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Wed May 21, 2014 4:40 am

Cheer up, SL proper has much to be proud about, the educated resource of the people is something to be coveted.
Your forgetting this is Africa, there are worse cities in our continent.

The leadership are as always is cause for all underachievement. Maybe that flip flop (agent) Ahmed samatar can help.

But as always Whalahi i'll tell you something secessionism is a filthy disease, and is for people who value dunya over Akhirah. As always it is impossible to refute this statement.

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Wed May 21, 2014 5:00 am

Somalis just want an excuse to party. It doesn't matter that most people don't have clean running water, quality education, hospitals or that most people still sh!t in a hole on the ground ..they will still party.
Isaaq, Jubbalanders, SSc whether it's those celebrating Somalia's independence all are at it etc etc paying huge sums to sorry excuses for fanaaniin just so habro & odayaal can boodbood to.

skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Postby skywalker25 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:27 am

Liquid hydrogen abti, I've said it before and I will say it again; the problem is not those who are celebrating the progress -no matter how little once achievement is, no the problem is yours, full stop. You are the future and the reason why progress is so small can only be laid at your door, not you as individual but all of us as collectively. The older generation have every right to celebrate, through blood and sweat they recovered our freedom from the jaws of a brutal dictator. We the generation after this that's partying like we won something is the real failure.

So Abti look in the mirror and embrace your failure. You failed not Somaliland.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Wed May 21, 2014 5:52 am

Its ok to celebrate a clan gathering aka 18may. Also in my former life i've used that event as a dating exercise. It's a cool event.
Skywalker - No, the HJ leadership has failed the wider clan. Stop trying to confuse kids. A Garhajis/HA president would do better.

skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Postby skywalker25 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:01 am

Its ok to celebrate a clan gathering aka 18may. Also in my former life i've used that event as a dating exercise. It's a cool event.
Skywalker - No, the HJ leadership has failed the wider clan. Stop trying to confuse kids. A Garhajis/HA president would do better.
This is a serious no tribal debate but you want to expose your arsehole. Grow up and stop being attention whore.

As for who leads Somaliland, it's one man one vote. If the next president who wins the election is from those tribes you mentioned I will support him. Once the election is over the winner gets a mandate to govern the whole of Somaliland not just his tribe and every tribe falls in line behind him

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.