Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Celebrating failure?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
GenkinMaru

Re: Celebrating failure?

Postby GenkinMaru » Wed May 21, 2014 6:13 am

Vague platitudes like "every year things are improving" isn't good enough. The gaalo say "the proof is in the pudding". And so far I ain't seen nothing worth celebrating. Hargeisa is only bigger than it used to be. That's it. Let's not even get started on the other "cities". If anything, it all hampers SL's already slim chances of official recognition. If a business wants to invest or buy up another company, it looks at that company's finances, R&D capabilities,internal infrastructure, management etc. When the international community see SL they only see what I see, and for the sake of decency I won't spell it out. Also, I'm not praising dictatorships, I'm just being pragmantic and honest. A rich and powerful dictatorship is vastly superior to what we have now a corrupt, backward and uncivilised democracy. Poverty is the most evil of dictatorships. Democracy does not equal success. There were and are plenty of rich, successful countries that are far from democratic.That doesn't stop the rest of the world recognising and doing business with the, Meanwhile booty-dance outside Westminister to a gaal who doesn't even care you exist. I'm sure in 50 years time you'll still be doing the same thing. :up:

I think skywalker said it best, dadkeenu waa xoolo. I'm just one of the minority who aren't happy with the status quo.
See this is the difference between you and the average Slander. One will do anything he is capable of trying to improve his nation, wether its demonstrating(not booty-dancing BTW) or returning home to build, as more and more Slanders are doing every year. While you just complain over the internet. I don't know when it was the last time you went to Hargeysa but I went there 2001 and remember houses with no roofs and holes in the ground used as toilets.However now almost every house is build to western standards. As for the city itself, if you want to buy any land only those on the outskirts are available due to its massive expansion. As for lack of international investments, its due to the non recognition and the absence of insurance and security that come with it. However this hasn't hampered its Slander businessman that are flocking back and investing massively into their homeland. The proof in the pudding as you requested is there for any anyone to see. All those business building being build every month, roads being completed and private villas being constructed. I hardly call all of this vague platitudes.

As for me let me what I inshallah will be doing in 50 years. By then by the will of god I will have moved back home picking my grandchildren from school and getting ready to celebrate those who sacrificed for the independence day of my nation. :sland:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Wed May 21, 2014 7:25 am

Liquid hydrogen abti, I've said it before and I will say it again; the problem is not those who are celebrating the progress -no matter how little once achievement is, no the problem is yours, full stop. You are the future and the reason why progress is so small can only be laid at your door, not you as individual but all of us as collectively. The older generation have every right to celebrate, through blood and sweat they recovered our freedom from the jaws of a brutal dictator. We the generation after this that's partying like we won something is the real failure.

So Abti look in the mirror and embrace your failure. You failed not Somaliland.
We have failed yes, but this isn't a generational thing, this is a cultural issue. Where was the basic infrastructure before the war? Before Siad Barre? During the Protectorate? Before the protectorate? The previous generation may have won the war but they sat on their laurels and did nothing else. Understand this isn't an excercise of self-pity, but an exhortation to action. They have failed to do anything with their victory. I'm talking about simple basic things like heavy taxation on qat and sorting out the mess that is the national currency. Simple things like doing a proper census, issuing citizenship ID/social security cards, restricting and administrating land ownership and collecting nationwide land-tax/revenue tax. Is that too much to ask? 20 years on, our main source of income is lifestock export. I mean seriously? Where are all these supposed engineers that are graduating every year?

As for me, I'm heading back home soon. My ambition is to start solar farms, wind farms. My goal is to get reliable power supply for cement, asphalt, and steel/copper factories. then initiate large-scale road, rail and urban infrastructure projects. For that I would probably have to work in the government.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed May 21, 2014 8:28 am

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Wed May 21, 2014 9:20 am

^
Those areas of Hargeysa outshines entire Gedo and Cabudwaaq.

@Cabdi Liquid,

Go back and do something, meeshan ha nooga dhex yuusin sidii yuhuudii western wall-ka. Yuus wax laguma hagaajiyo.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed May 21, 2014 9:24 am

I never said Gedo and Galgaduud are any better. I have repeatedly said ALL of Somalia is a shithole.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Wed May 21, 2014 9:45 am

^^ Quit it with the inferiority complex. Owwk well yes Gedo is...

Sky - quit lying to kids, your uncle has destroyed SL, he couldn't even secure a few tuulos in Darood land :lol:..... Also you have no choice, its Garhadjis/HA turn.

Liquid quit complaining - Hargeisa is a great city, Its only moving forward. The government is the problem, they are con artists - why are people building a road ?? When you pay tax to a government, a goverment that also gets gaajo millions ? :lol:

blizzard90
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby blizzard90 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:49 am

that's right somaliland is a shot hole. now they wish they came back to somalia .

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Wed May 21, 2014 9:54 am

I never said Gedo and Galgaduud are any better. I have repeatedly said ALL of Somalia is a shithole.

We're not part of Somalia and never will.

Somalia = Somalia Italiana - > Bari to Lower Jubba.

Stop claiming Somaliland.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 am

We're not part of Somalia and never will.

Somalia = Somalia Italiana - > Bari to Lower Jubba.

Stop claiming Somaliland.
Hargeysa and burco praticly still waa qeyb ka mid ah Jamhuuriyada Somalia. dhinaca kale afka ingriisiga koonfurta Somaliya magaceeda ma aheeyn Somalia_italia. afka ingriisa waxaa koonfurta Somaliya loogu yeeri jiray iTALIAN-SOMALILAND.

magacan afka ingriisiga ee ah Dhulkii-soomaalida AMA (somali----land) kuma koobyeen kaliya gobolada waqooyi ee dalka soomaliya laakiin waxaa la oran jiray dhamaan dhulka ay soomaalidu degto sida French-somailand- italian-somaliland. ABASIYAN-SOMALILAND AND SO ON..

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Wed May 21, 2014 11:53 am

Nonsense..

Djibouti - Cote Francais des Somalis

Somaliland - British Somaliland

Somalia - Somalia Italiana.

Somalia became Italian Somaliland when the British took over for a couple of years but before that and after it was known as Somalia Italiana.

Burco iyo Hargeysa were never part of Somalia. They were part of British Somaliland, Somaliland republic, Somali republic and since 91, the Republic of Somaliland.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Wed May 21, 2014 12:00 pm

already 1884 when africa was divided Then South Somalia and jabouti was called (in English language) As SOMALILAND..

this is Map of Africa year 1884

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Wed May 21, 2014 12:03 pm

That's a recent map portraying the colonial boundaries. The English terminology on this map won't change the legal names for the various colonies.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Wed May 21, 2014 12:05 pm

That's a recent map portraying the original colonial boundaries. The English terminology on this map won't change the legal names for the various colonies.
not its not my friend.. in English language its Italian-somaliland and the french part as French-somaliland.it was called already 1884 when Africa was divided.

https://www.google.se/search?q=MAP+of+n ... B890%3B600

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Wed May 21, 2014 12:23 pm

So the French and Italians used English terminology to describe and name their colonies in 1884?

Every colony had a legal name. The legal name of Somalia was Somalia Italiana.

HusseinHassan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby HusseinHassan » Wed May 21, 2014 12:34 pm

That's a recent map portraying the colonial boundaries. The English terminology on this map won't change the legal names for the various colonies.
who made it legal? you or the europeans?
before the europeans came, all major clans had their own sovereignty.
the colonial boundaries didn't exist before the arrival of the european imperialists.
so tell me again, what's your fuss all about? :?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.