Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Celebrating failure?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Celebrating failure?

Postby XimanJaale » Sun May 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Somalis are failures because they are content with the bare minimum if they dont have to lift a finger. They will not work for something bigger and better.

My uncle once said: Somalis are fine with life as long as they get their 3 meals, khat and have shelter.

This is 100% true. This can be done with welfare or $100 Dahabshiil allowance.

If there is a dusty road that can passed by car or by walking, no need to pave it. If the home shelters me from the rain, who cares if its a rainbow colored building. If my family is healthy, who cares about my neighbors. If the airport is still standing, no need to expand or upgrade.

Get rid of this mentality from Somalis

I am,

Abdi "It's killing us" Johnson
Oi listen, Somalis are capable of working hard. You need a history lesson.

Somalis only need to focus on unity, and stop focusing on competing with each other. We have sick disease called Qabyaalad which is letting us down.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 pm

ximaar, give up somaliland is gone and somalia will balkanize. enjoy:

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Sun May 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Bigbreak,

I think you are a small kid that believe Somaliland is one of those post-code territories you youth seem to defend. I will not bother to communicate with you on this forum anymore. Feel free to participate in my threads but I will not bother replying to you. Because you just respond like a kid, nothing intellectual about your debates. So nabadgalyo walaal :up:

BoholKing
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BoholKing » Sun May 18, 2014 6:17 pm

HusseinHassan Only 1 sub clan and they are represented in administration there. Berbera is a shit hole though in terms of weather, I visited there in 2001,
it is a dead ghost town.
Last edited by BoholKing on Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Sun May 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Berbera is far from a Ghost town today.

HusseinHassan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby HusseinHassan » Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 pm

HusseinHassan Only 1 sub clan and they are represented in administration there. Berbera is a shit hole though in terms of weather, I visited there in 2001,
it is a dead ghost town.
what about berbera district?

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sun May 18, 2014 6:24 pm

I think Liquid doesn't quite get the independance day. We're not celebrating failure but rather the fact that we by God's will controll our own fate. No longer do we have share governance with those that whish ill on us. Thats what 18th May is all about. Having said that, if you don't see the difference of Somaliland 2014 and that of 1991 and the progress made in infrastructure thank I think you're blind. Undoubtedly Somaliland needs to improve tremendously in pretty much all sectors but you have to keep in mind all of this was build by the diaspora sending money and donated aid money. Countries such as Eritrea are members of UN and with that comes great international investments mainly from countries such as China. This is nonexistant in Somaliland.

Finally this day is one that brings financial gains to local economy in Somaliland, you should remember that. To conclude we are celebrating our people, past, present and future. Those who sacrificed so that all of this was possible, those that are presently trying to improve lives of all Somalilanders and those little kids growing up, knowing that they have a country of their own and inshallah a bright future with it. I hope you understand it know!!!
I don't think you understood what I said. My point is the lives of Slanders are not improving. Democracy is the greatest trick the west ever pulled and we're lapping it up. I would rather live in a prosperous dictatorship a thousand times instead of a poor democracy. Eritrea doesn't recieve a penny from the international community. Why do we have to rely on foreign investment? Didn't ilaahey give us caqli? Must we forever reliant on other people's initiative?

BoholKing
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BoholKing » Sun May 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Xildiid It is still a shit hole. A Arap girl(she is pretty hot by the way) introduced to me by Siciid85 went there in 2012, she got all the pictures. A lot
of the houses there are the remains of Ottoman era or shacks. Half of the houses in the "city" are actually not inhabited that is why Berbera got a
very low population.

HusseinHassan Only 1 sub clan and they are represented in administration there. Berbera is a shit hole
though in terms of weather, I visited there in 2001,
it is a dead ghost town.
what about berbera district?
The vice mayor hails from them.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Sun May 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Xildiid It is still a shit hole. A Arap girl(she is pretty hot by the way) introduced to me by Siciid85 went there in 2012, she got all the pictures. A lot
of the houses there are the remains of Ottoma era or shacks.

I was there in 2001, 2007 and last year and each time the city was different. If you're talking about Berbera in 2001 I would agree but not today. It's far from a Ghost town.

Berbera is divided into two sections, the old Berbera with houses dating back to the Ottoman era and even beyond and the ''new'' Berbera built in recent years (last 10-15 years).

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sun May 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Somalis are failures because they are content with the bare minimum if they dont have to lift a finger. They will not work for something bigger and better.

My uncle once said: Somalis are fine with life as long as they get their 3 meals, khat and have shelter.

If there is a dusty road that can passed by car or by walking, no need to pave it. If the home shelters me from the rain, who cares if its a rainbow colored building. If my family is healthy, who cares about my neighbors. If the airport is still standing, no need to expand or upgrade.

I am,

Sometimes you can be very insightful. It's sad that the self-hater is more honest than those who call themselves patriots.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Sun May 18, 2014 6:42 pm

I am,

Sometimes you can be very insightful. It's sad that the self-hater is more honest than those who call themselves patriots.
Are you denying the video I posted? or you simply deny Somali history because of a leader your people resent so much? Don't deny the work ethic of the Somalis of the past just because you hate Siad Barre. What was not so honesty with the video and history I posted? Somalis are capable of working hard and history proofs it. :arrow:

p.s. I'am a human-being I can make mistake. I wish to be good patriotic person and whatever hurdle comes to me I will thrive for it. ;)

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sun May 18, 2014 7:06 pm

You are blind. I cannot talk to people who are blind.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Sun May 18, 2014 7:14 pm

You are blind. I cannot talk to people who are blind.
blind of what?! So what I love my Marehan people but at least I don't hate on every single qabil in Somalia. Also just because I'am against Somaliland don't mean I hate the tribes that live there. I'm against Somaliland simply for their ideology (secessionist) and Isaaq happen to be the clan that advocate for this state, hence I see it as a tribal state and no different than Puntland, Jubbaland, Ximan and Xeeb etc.

You just want me to belief that 100,000 Isaaqs were killed by Siad Barre when infact only 70,000 Eritreans died within their 30 years of war, and you guys want us to believe that 1-2 years of war that 100,000 Isaaqs were killed or even 50,000. I always admit that Siad Barre did a mistake by using airplanes, yet you guys don't want to admit the atrocious crimes committed by your rebel groups. The only people that are blind are you guys that are stuck in this mind-set of cuqdad-filled brainwashing by your elders.

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Sun May 18, 2014 7:22 pm

This guy is a mess :lol:

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Sun May 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Here comes the personal attacks when they lose the debates! Go chew your khat it is not like you guys listen to anything. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.