Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Gacanyare Script - Future SL Script? (Khalid Ali)

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Gacanyare Script - Future SL Script? (Khalid Ali)

Postby gurey25 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:51 am

nothing wrong with the latin script it works well and its from the same rot as the arabic script.
we should focus more on eliminating illiteracy and educating people

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:03 am

I've said it before, we need to distance ourselves from Somalia in every way possible.

Great thread. :up:

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:23 am

water security and sanitation is more important......get out of your ivory towers and get on the ground building birkeds.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:58 am

I've said it before, we need to distance ourselves from Somalia in every way possible.

Great thread. :up:
dumbest thread ever...
its a non issue

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:52 am

nothing wrong with the latin script it works well and its from the same rot as the arabic script.

its not about what works its about growing its about originality its about moving forward. The latin script was just simple invention and there is not even one proper way afka Somaliga sida loo qoro. its even part of the education we should train people and educate them

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:12 am

:lol:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:18 am

Hawdian lets open a facebook page Somaliland Original Berberaawi script i am sure we can get 10.000s of Likes if not more. I am very close to the Ucid party members my bro is a member of them. I am Sure Sultan Faisal would endorse. Sultan faisal likes these kind of things he even came with the idea to name the country Shankaroonia hahaha i know its hilarious How ever the moral of the story is Uniqueness lets start with the DH SH Q kh X.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Khalid excellent. We will do that.

DH, SH, KH, must go. I think Q and X are okay. Remember we want to save time, resources and increase efficiency. We also abolish all the double vowels which just confuses. Too much probabilities when we increase each vowel by twice than that means each word has double the chance of being wrongly spelt and the more vowels the more chances for errors. No wonder every Farah and Xalimo writes Somalis their own way. We can fix that.

People like Gurey are the kinds who take whatever are given to them. No questions, no examination no asking anything. We have to always ask how and where...can we improve.

We can substitute few characters that are unnecessary and with Somaliland Library in the making, we can publish our own work we only need few SL companies to sponsor us.

Ras

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:42 am

tbf, you can pretty much create a new alphabet overnight and anyone with half a braincell can learn it and memorize it within a week. Since 90% of the people are illiterate anyway, it wouldn't be such a massive inconvenience relearning a new script.

Secondly, As for stealing the culture and heritage of berber north africans by claiming their alphabet, I am against it 100%. There is countless evidence for an indigenious somali script and mysterious symbols all over northern somaliland. If we can adapt one of those it would be perfect.

Thirdly, atm this is a non-issue. There are no sewage treatment plants, proper plumbing and water supply, no roads, highways, proper ports. This issue is the least of our concern.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 am

L2H,

That's where you go wrong and still have that old Somali mentality. We do not all have to be building 'sewage treatment plants, proper plumbing and water supply, no roads, highways, proper ports'. Somalis love to crowd themselves and be 'dameeri dhan racday'.

Those who wish to build sewage than should advocate for that. That does not mean the rest of us have to freeze everything for them or for the road people.

We do not all need to be doing the same task.

Ras

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 am

Hawdian,

I am a firm believer in multitasking. The truth is anybody with some intelligence and motivation could change the name, the currency and the script of SLanders in a matter of weeks whilst still dealing with important infrastructure needs. But nothing is done. This is because they have neither the intelligence or motivation. The name is still Somaliland which sounds like a pirate theme-park and the currency is still the shilling despite no longer being in colonial times and the script is still latin despite having nothing to do with somalis culturally. So instead of multitasking, which Slanders are not familiar with, why not deal with matters in order of importance.

Script - not important atm
Roads - veeerrrry important

You get it now?

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:58 am

I know roads are important but I'm just saying we don't need all 3.5 million worrying about roads or on the road task. Everyone should go separate way to address what they feel they can do something about or have an idea for.

If roads are your priorities then focus on that no body is saying put on halt. We are just saying you don't have to bring the road talk to our party :)

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Good. The topic got sticked.

Well I believe we should always aim for the best and drive for perfection. There is no point saying there is something. I am saying the current Somali script, which was borrowed from the English alphabet word for word except for P, V and Z.

It is not an efficient, effective nor standard script. Every man writes his own fashion and now its bit too late to develop "standardized" version while still in the same sewage. It will not work.

We need to change certain characters and abolish some all together then we will end up with something slick, practical, simplistic and efficient.

My argument is we need to replace the three DH, KH and SH digraphs. There is no need for them. There is no need to have pair of letters just to make one simple sound. We can replace it with a single character to reduce cost, increase efficiency and literacy. Imagine the nomads how confused they would be every time they see pair of letters and next to it is the singular version of each character eg; DH, H, D.

Then we abolish all the useless double or pair vowels. Our Somaliland script should be only one vowel. We are not reading Quran hence "tawjeed" there is no need to drag words and know one needs to be 'dragged' and one doesn't. Standardized Somaliland Somali only has one pronunciation; there is no need to say Warya is "Waarya" or another Farax arguing maye its "Waaryaa" another "Waryaa".

Just keep it simple; Warya.

No more double vowels. We are abolishing; aa, ee, ii, oo, uu. We will just keep the vowels; a, e, i, o and u.

Really those double vowels just tried to translate the Tawjeed Quranic school into Somali.

Meet the new DH

Meet the new SH

After the Erigavo road, all Landers will be required to fund the Somaliland Print House (SPH). Each donor's name will be printed on the back of the first Gacanyare pamphlets and drillbook (Gacanyare kow eber kow).

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Wonderful beautiful there is a reason i love Gacanyare waan ku jecelahay Gacanyare

And long live our brother Hawdian

:sland: :up:

We need to evolve this script and make it ours dh sh x for starthers and maybe the KH to

HalfSomali

Postby HalfSomali » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:10 am

This is mental fuckery and Berbers despize Somali's and the Berber script is a rip off from the South Arabian, which is unused why not go for that one when Somalis already claim an Arab patriarch and live closer to the Arab peninsula. LQH is right Somalis have better things to worry about than this.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.