Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Wiki is so Anti-Somaliland?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Re: Why Wiki is so Anti-Somaliland?

Postby Xildiiid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 pm

The fock is up with the MJ phobia :lol:
If you are adding BS untruths, e.g that SSC belongs to S/L, you will brought back down to earth.
Those regions belong to SL.

I assume you're part of the group that's changing the articles on Wikipedia.

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:53 pm

don't misunderstand, I totally support the independence of Somaliland and its emerging democracy, walahi I wish Somaliland prospers.
I think what should happen is a referendum based on degmos all over British Somaliland, so that self-determination is applied to everyone there.
The same type of referendum the UN conducted in tens of countries, including ones destroyed by civil war like Yugoslavia, and is now trying to conduct in Kurdistan.
That is literally my only objection to Somaliland, otherwise :sland: :up:

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:11 pm

That's illogical though because the degmos of SL were never part of Somalia. In essence, it will come down to what the people of SL wants for their country.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:39 pm

There can be only one referendum for all of Somaliland in 1960 there were 2 provinces in SL woqoyi galbeed and togdheer , we can have two referendums historically if that was on the table woqoyi galbeed and togdheer. in 1985 the north was 5 provinces.All in all if there will be referendum the people of sl will be asked and all we need is 50 plus one.

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:47 pm

SL gov should set down a time limit by which they have to get recognition. Tell its people, "if we can't get recognition in 10 years, we will give up".
There is no point in wasting another quarter-century of people's time, either you get recognition soon or the door if forever closed.
Just my opinion
:Shrug:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:57 pm

SL gov should set down a time limit by which they have to get recognition. Tell its people, "if we can't get recognition in 10 years, we will give up".
There is no point in wasting another quarter-century of people's time, either you get recognition soon or the door if forever closed.
Just my opinion
:Shrug:
Independence is more valuable than recognition ruling the Land of your republic, and that is not given by any organization or any nation cant give u something u have in your own hands. its enforced by the people and the Defense forces of the people, that is what u call sovereignty . For example Palestine is recognized by 130 states , but the west bank is 60% absorbed by Israel and settlers. Who says we are wasting time we are building the country and every year and every month there is an improvement do you think the time stands stills

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:01 am

They are more concerned with ichtiraf than we are :lol:

lali99
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lali99 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:31 pm

[quoteThe only shit that does not add up here is your shit. Learn how to use google map and population density before you come up with stupid comments as this.
]
Sis, horta cool down. The UN relief sites only acknowledge the old Somali region not Maroodi Jeex. I used it cos it covers more major cities Berbera and Gabiely. combined the total population is 700,00 (reliable unbiased source that was made few months ago in 2014)

http://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.in ... albeed.pdf

Marood Jeex of witch it only consist of Hargiesa and few surrounding areas is claimed to be over 1.2 million sometimes over Two million. Google maps is not reliable by the confess of the company itself. I was just pointing out the over assumptions of cities on Wiki mainly Xamar, Hargiesa, Bosasso and Galkacyo. All other cities use the statistics of the old regime, and it makes sense. The dry under populate region of Puntland is claimed to be 3.9 million while the fact is it is no more than 2.5 and I am being generous here Somaliland is 3.85 but all what I see in 3.5 ....[/quote]

Is good to know ABOUT informations that you are using when bringing about an argument. "Reliable unbiased source" that you are using is made by FSNAU, a somali think-tank. Go ahead and look at their map of clan-representation and other statement and you will see that the population number that you are going around here for waqooyi galbeed could not be anything but a grossly estimation. Google maps is more reliable when looking at density census, the only thing it cannot guaranteed is any updates that could have been done after a google map pic has been taken.

Look at the sources saxiib before you go parading and make a fool out of yourselves.

P.S. Lali is a norther nickname for a male sxb.

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 am

So basically, The FSNAU, HRW, and all other UN/foreign agencies around the globe would conspire against a particular clan living in Northwest of "old" Somalia?

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/s ... hnic92.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with this UN/US based map, unless of course you suggest that we are fewer in numbers or live in mars!

The situation today maybe slightly change, but I was talking about the presence of Ciidanka Qaranka in "British Somaliland" not Isaaq exclusively inhabitant areas.

lali99
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lali99 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:19 pm

All I'm saying is that the map was provided by an agency with a different interest from Somaliland. FSNAU is not a UN agency which means that they will provide info according to how they see fit Northwest "old" Somalia. If an institution such as FSNAU does not see at least half of Sanaag (or at least erigavo has a majority isaaq town) and some northern parts of Sool as an isaaq territory then what makes you think that they have any knowledge on the realities on the ground? However if they do have knowledge of realities on the ground, then they're solely biased toward Somaliland clans. Either way, it does show you that numbers that FSNAU have provided are not scientifically sane.

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 pm

You really should not trust any numbers about population in Somalia. We simply do not know how many people there are let alone how big clans are.
You can sort of estimate based on colonial census, but they are out of date due to the massive population movements which took place after 1960.

BTW, none of those maps or percentages are really accurate. Total guesstimation by the the UN.

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:59 am

Is that what bothers you ... Sanaag. Look, the HY land expands all the way to the sea (there are not far from Bosaso) and just for the record this map was made in 1977 by the US (When the Darood government facilitated the ownership of lands to the Warsangali & Dhulus) several copies have been made from this map most recently 2012

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/t ... distro.jpg

But in essence, they are all the same and does not represent the reality on the ground.Today we have advanced in Sool and Sanaag and have more lands but We lost a large population due to the events of 88 and so did the southerns with the endless blood shed, famine and tribal wars. I agree it is not accurate but its the best source so far :up:

Ps: the map clearly shows Erigavo and beyond within the HY areas, it might be mistaken because the boundaries of the old regions are not drawn. But it does not show HJ settlements in Xudun why? because the majority are Dhulus back then! The FSNAU did not make that map the US did when the Kacan settled its people there. They have nothing to do with Qabiil matters. All in all, it's just an assumptions don't take it to the heart ;)

TGS

Funny cos of all people, Darood used from these info's in creating a delusion that they are the most numerical clan in Somalia. Sanaag is shared, but southern people think of Warsangali when they hear that name so does Sool and Cayn. In Jubaland, there is many clans live there many are larger than Darood but again Darood jumps to your mind when they hear the name (some actually use the entire population of non-Darood and boast about it as a Darood exclusive region). The same is with Kilil 5 the only deference is, you are a big clan there probably the biggest but you get my point. Until a proper census takes place. I am afraid any one could claim anything :-@

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:13 am

Wait a sec there is a conflict here. The FSNAU claims that Somali&Somaliland combined population is 7 million while we know its over Ten million. Also, I don't believe the CIA map reflects the real numbers of D&M I would say that they are as the same size of the Hawiya if not more their regions are quite crowded I heard that at the days of the Kacan. MSB made a census and surprised by the numbers of Isaaq so he reduced our numbers to make us look like a laangab and come up with the fairy tale of Dir and Darood. Anyway, I would say that D&M are the most marginalized clan I don't know about the Kacan but today they cant get their shit together and fight back despite having numbers?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.