Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Area of Somaliland towns and other towns in the horn

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Area of Somaliland towns and other towns in the horn

Postby abdikarim86 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:09 pm

I enclosed urban areas within a polygon, this area was measured by Computer software.

I may be accused of bias when it comes to what was contained within the polygon but NOT the actual measurements.
The screen shots clearly show that I tried to contain most urban areas within the defined polygon.

I have clearly tried to be objective and I've clearly shown my sources so that others may see for themselves.
Daarood faan as a counter argument/refutation is just NOT gonna cut it ...ma fahamtay.

Burco is much larger than Boosaso ...either deal with it or prove me wrong.

As for wealth, Burco is the gathering place for the vast majority of livestock destined for Berbera,
from where 3.6 million heads of livestock are exported yearly. This accounts for the majority of exports
from the Somali region.

Burco has the largest livestock market in the horn and the wealthiest livestock traders.
These figures can easily be proven with sources.

And you have the nerve to equate Burco with Gaalkacyo ....bilaa calayk
faanka yaree :lol:

Burco is not much bigger than Galkacyo. The problem is that the points which you selected for perimeter are pretty biased. The computer may calculate the area but there is bias always. But Galkacyo is now bigger in terms of livestock export. Burco was overtaken in 2010 according to the UN.
http://goo.gl/G4EsnZ

Bosaso on the other hand has natural constraints to growth, it cannot grow in area much due to the mountains around it.

It is not faan when Jigjiga, Bosaso, Garissa, Kismayo, Galkacyo, Lasanod, Garowe, Wajir, Godey, all seperated by a thousand kilometers or so all belong to one clan. We are more dispersed while everyone else is relativly more concentrated. Mogadishu, Beledweyne, Hargeisa and Burco are multiclan cities, while the only multiclan city we have is Kismayo. Each of our clans has their own urban center. It is like comparing apples to oranges.
You have turned this into a comparison between clans when it comes to population.
All this might be interesting but this topic solely deals with the area of Somali towns.

If you want a clan population topic - start a new thread. :idea:

As to the biases you accuse me off ...I freely admitted that I may be biased however
the screenshots show that I have tried to be objective.

Knowing that I might be accused of bias I tried to be as objective as possible when
it comes to Isaaq towns

When it comes to Burco I excluded 4 inhabited areas in the vicinity of Burco
(2 to the North and one to the East and one to the South-east ) to try and compensate for any open spaces
that may have been within the polygon I draw up for Burco. (you can view these areas on Google maps/earth where the images are recent).

Bosaso is a compact city and is not spread out like Burco - Therefore it was much easier to
contain all the urban areas within the polygon (there are still open spaces within the polygon though).

To top it all ...my screenshots show this clearly

Whether you believe it or not - these estimations are more or less accurate, give or take a few km2.

As for the Livestock quip, below is a source from FSNAU (some UN agency funded by USAID,UKAID etc.)
clearly supporting my argument that the majority of livestock is exported from Berbera.

The source shows exports from Berbera and Bosaso from every year from as early as the late 90s

It is common knowledge that most of the animals exported from Berbera is sourced from Burco livestock
market.

http://www.fsnau.org/downloads/Market-D ... y-2015.pdf
Checkout Page 10
Last edited by abdikarim86 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdikarim86 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:11 pm

^^^^
Isn't a Bosaso, Gaalkacyo, Jijiga, are all multi-clans. Faanoole fari kama qodna.
The clan talk inaga yaree min fadlik :up:
I want facts to shine through for a change

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 pm

The facts are fairly simple, what we actually know:

Burtinle is larger than Erigavo
Qardho is larger than Berbera
Garowe is larger than Gebiley
Bacadweyne is larger than Ceel Afweyne
Xarfo is larger than Sheikh
Carmo is larger than Caynabo
Jariban larger than Oodweyne

That is every degmo in Somaliland except Burco and Hargeisa. You can take those facts and look them over in Terraserver.

:pac:

26June1960
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 26June1960 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:24 pm

It is not faan when Jigjiga, Bosaso, Garissa, Kismayo, Galkacyo, Lasanod, Garowe, Wajir, Godey, all seperated by a thousand kilometers or so all belong to one clan. We are more dispersed while everyone else is relativly more concentrated. Mogadishu, Beledweyne, Hargeisa and Burco are multiclan cities, while the only multiclan city we have is Kismayo. Each of our clans has their own urban center. It is like comparing apples to oranges.
:lupe: Interesting. Never really thought about this. Spread over a 1,000 km, from Ceerigaabo to Gaarisa, yet every town is exclusively settled by one subclan, whether it's Mareexaan, Majeerteen, Dhulbahante, Warsangeli, Ogaden, Leelkase, etc. Kismaayo would be the only town where all major Daarood subclan share.

P.S; Why are the Isaaq in here speaking for and about Boorama and Laascaanood as if these two towns belong to Isaaq? :?

skywalker25
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Postby skywalker25 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:32 pm

:lupe: Interesting. Never really thought about this. Spread over a 1,000 km, from Ceerigaabo to Gaarisa, yet every town is exclusively settled by one subclan, whether it's Mareexaan, Majeerteen, Dhulbahante, Warsangeli, Ogaden, Leelkase, etc. Kismaayo would be the only town where all major Daarood subclan share.

P.S; Why are the Isaaq in here speaking for and about Boorama and Laascaanood as if these two towns belong to Isaaq? :?

:sland: Is my flag. Now hold back the tears and STFUP

Shepard boy,

Your wounded that Burco the second largest town is larger that any Majerteen town in all of Puntland. Infact its larger than every skill Darod city.

The rest of your nonsense is not worth commenting on. Pulling out some lonely majerteen towns in the cooking desert of Puntland won't make any difference. At the end of the day you are nothing but hot air and faan. You guys have to many female qualities...

Bence
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bence » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Samosas be mad as always.

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Otherbrother » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:47 pm

all that land and space and yall still langab. You seen the population of Garrisa + Jigjia(shared)? Keep jogging ina jappati

burcaawi14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby burcaawi14 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:18 pm

This thread really got dudes butt hurt. The fact is Hargeysa larger than all their towns in somalia combined loooool . Now all we need is a proper tiro koob to put the nail in the coffin :eat:

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:28 pm

I knew the thread was going to turn out this way :lol:

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:01 pm

:lol:

Bence
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bence » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:10 pm

When the brutal truth of their langaabness becomes clear to them on some occasions, they jump on the Irir card to bost their numbers.

Bence
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bence » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:15 pm

^^^^
Isn't a Bosaso, Gaalkacyo, Jijiga, are all multi-clans. Faanoole fari kama qodna.
Ogaden and Sade dont live in Bosaso and Galkacyo. Harti and Sade don't live on Jigjiga. Just thought to let you know that.

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Wallahi, shephared and the Darood crew are acting like little kids.
So what if I talked about Borama or Laascanood?
Unlike all that crap you've been vomiting through the years, I was comparing them
to 2005 estimations since 2014 & 2015 census are clearly void.

So, if you and your illegitimate son Bence want to turn this into qabiil topic or make more silly
and childish excuses like "we have laba,sadex dabaq" kindly take off and make a thread about it. :arrow:

burcaawi14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby burcaawi14 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:32 pm

^Rambie inadeer these kids can't take an L. First they used to brag about bosaaso and how it's comparable to hargeysa in size, now they're bringing in kilika shanaad and NFD. Talk about being butt hurt. Why don't yall just add Minnesota and ohio too kkkk

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 am

When the brutal truth of their langaabness becomes clear to them on some occasions, they jump on the Irir card to bost their numbers.
Even though you're a half Hungarian garac who knows shitall about Somali affairs, you can't be calling people laangaab when your state capital is smaller than xafaada Dumbuluq :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.