Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wahabi infiltration of SL

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Re: Wahabi infiltration of SL

Postby skywalker25 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:22 pm

The population of Somaliland need the tough strict structure that pure Islam brings, be it wahabi or what ever you want to call it. The current secular direction won't work because you need a dictator with a big stick to keep the people in line. Currently we are a boat with the engines gone out at sea. The people are morally worse than the gaals in this country. They are driven by money, tribe and tahrib, the diin is accepted so long as its tradition.

I see those from Hargeisa are the most anti. I can understand it since they are at the forefront of all thats wrong with our society. I however, don't care how many shishas or night clubs they open. So why do they have issue with us opening islamic schools -ignoring the fact they seem to be using wahabism as some excuse...

All Somalilands social ills are because its distanced its self from allah's path chasing that elusive ictiraf from the west. We have become empty shells and schools like these are what we need...

drobbah
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby drobbah » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:30 pm

The sufi supporters here want naked women and to continue chewing qaat.Salafism will destroy the chewing of qat culture which is the biggest social plague in Somaliland

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

I would not want Somaliland to become another Saudi Arabia and I do not think that people need a stick or a dictator

abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdikarim86 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:37 pm

The population of Somaliland need the tough strict structure that pure Islam brings, be it wahabi or what ever you want to call it. The current secular direction won't work because you need a dictator with a big stick to keep the people in line. Currently we are a boat with the engines gone out at sea. The people are morally worse than the gaals in this country. They are driven by money, tribe and tahrib, the diin is accepted so long as its tradition.

Valid points but do you know what Salafi and Wahaabi aqeeda entail? I don't ask this question in order to try to be condescending.

Could we not call instead for the rejuvenation and rectification of the Aqeeda of Ahl Sunnah wal Jamaaca?

You may say what is the difference?

Differences are not that major when it comes to practice of religion except the Salafi insistence on frowning upon
people who follow a Madhab (even if they are lay-people).

However differences are much more acute when it comes to aqeeda/theology/kalaam, especially when it comes to the nature of God.

Their total denial of reason and their insistence on characterising people who use/have used reason as kaafiriin (or not Sunni when they are being diplomatic) is also problematic.

I understand that not all people will agree all the time but the sectarianism displayed by these people is unparalleled in Muslim history.
and their liberal use of Takfir should be taken as a warning that there is something wrong.

I see those from Hargeisa are the most anti. I can understand it since they are at the forefront of all thats wrong with our society. I however, don't care how many shishas or night clubs they open. So why do they have issue with us opening islamic schools -ignoring the fact they seem to be using wahabism as some excuse...

I am not gonna respond to your opinions of Hargeysa, but I would say maybe the reason why there is more resistance to these people in Hargeysa, Djibouti, Jigjiga and other towns of the West is that traditional religion however weakened and in disarray still seems to be present. As a result there is a lingering suspicion against the followers of Mohamed ibn Abdul-Wahab, though this won't last long I think as the Salafis seem to have more money and seem to be adamant in spreading their cause.

I should say that what I've said here is entirely anecdotal and may not be supported by evidence .... :up:

All Somalilands social ills are because its distanced its self from allah's path chasing that elusive ictiraf from the west. We have become empty shells and schools like these are what we need...

Again I would agree with this but I want the beliefs and practices of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jamaacah to be rejuvenated/rectified and propagated among the population (Although I realise this may not be possible).

I believe it is what is best for us and not that shadow of a religion
that the reformers funded by Saudi Arabia (because they really are reformers - you only have to look at their ideas and history) want us to take up.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:01 am

too late its near total victory..
We need to build alternative schools and fight for the right of non-wahabi/salafi thinking to be allowed in the future.
The damage they have done to islam is too great to comprehend.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:12 am

The sad truth for Sunnis is that there is very little difference between orthodox Sunni Islam and modern Salafi Islam. The disagreements are quite small, none of them being fundamental core central beliefs; the type which would cause a major rift. The reality is both have been directly influenced and almost shaped by the works of Ibn Taymiyyah who destroyed the more lax and liberal Ash'ari' school of thought. Ash'aris themselves historically became popular after they destroyed the even more liberal Mu'tazilas. The path towards fundamentalism and literalism wasn't started by Mohammad Ibn Abd-al-Wahhab; It started long before that.
You seem to be ignorant of what you speak of?
Muctazala more liberal? both ashcaris and Muctazala were harsh and liberal on different subjects.
and ibn taymiya was a disaster but its not what you think,
Ibn taymiyah was outcasted and driven far away from the public view in his time.
His students were also outcasts by the majority, seen as extreme wierdos.

but his ideas and teaching was brought back under the barrel of the gun, by the Al saud and their wahabi ikhwan soldiers.
IT was convert and die for allot of the tribes of arabia, and several large and famous tribes were made extinct.

With the oil revenues they moved to the world stage and have now made them selves the mainstream,
even Alazhar bends to them out of fear..

now they are everywhere, and those opposed to them are the minorty the misfits,
now after conquering the Sunni world, they are trying to fight the shia, who have centuries of experience in fighting oppression,
and are more conniving and devious and brave..

may allah save us

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:52 am

These sort of topics make my blood boil.

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Why?

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Why?
waxan ahay whbi

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Why?
waxan ahay whbi
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

"Waxan ahay wahabi" u know. They have that in Australia? :dead: :dead: :dead: walahi I laughed so hard. Thanks for the laugh bro

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:07 pm

laakin i am not joking sxb, imam wahab rahiimullah was one of the greatest

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:09 pm

wahabism is a cancer made by the british to destroy islam.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:12 pm

thats your opinion mate

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:15 pm

thats your opinion mate
do you have an urge to behead me.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:16 pm

i am nabadoon sxb, part time hippy, part time whbi, full time nabadoon

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.