Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Hawd Region.

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

The Hawd Region.

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:44 am

It's Time We Make New State In Ethiopia The Hawd Region and Gaashaamo it's capital.
The British Administration afforded the Isaaq an outlet and a chance to expand into the Haud and Ogaadeen at the expense of the Ogaadeen clan and they proceeded to push to Ogaadeen clan westward (Markakis 1987, p. 56).
:up:
Part of the traditional grazing land of the Isaaq lies across the border in Ethiopia, in the area known as the Haud.
Image including Hawdian work of art.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by JSL3000 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Hawd Region.

Postby LobsterUnit » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:29 am

The hawd is a cesspit of darkness,ignorance,poverty and tribalism.equally,it is the place where Somalis probably originated,the land of poetry,exotic tribal dances,bravery and honour. God bless the hawd and may it prosper.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:31 am

^Very funny indeed, well long live the hawd! :lol:

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:37 am

Time to make greater somaliland once more.Image

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40 am

Hawd is missing many areas plus I don't consider anything north of Labisagal Hawd.

The Dhulos area is Hawd.

You need to remove Baligubadle and Wajaale districts and add southern Dhagaxbour and Doollo.

That's Hawd and it's not exclusive to Isaaq.

Wajale area including Harshin not part of Hawd.

Hawd is camel land. Farmers and cattle areas not accepted into the club including Jigjiga.

That's how I define Hawd.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:35 am

The original hawd is all land adjacent to somaliland border with ethiopia it included gadabursi, isxaaq, and dhulos land I'm proposing a exclusive isaaq region for development I can't drag others to join again.

And xarshin and baligubadle was always hawd, haud doesn't just mean barren land it was the interior grazing land of the protectorate. dagaxbur is part of ogaden desert if you want to join them that's fine, that's what I call favoritism. :lol:
Hawd dry bush in the plains areas; refers to districts to the south of the Ethiopia - Somaliland border (including Harshin, Aware, Gashamo)

Timiro1999
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Timiro1999 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:59 am

Xarshin hawd maaha ee waa galbeed, hawdku ciidiisu waa casaan halka Xarshin ciideedu tahay madaw.
Baligubadle maaha hawd weli waxaan la yaabaa waxay caasimada hawd ku noqotay! bal adba
Hawdka runta ah waa dhulka geela lagu dhaqdo, maaha lo'ley iyo qodaal.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:03 am

If the people that live there consider it to be hawd no one can change that it's pointless.

Both togdheer and mudug ciidiisu wa casan are they both hawd too that was a plain geeljire statement no offense walal. :lol:

Baligubadle is capital of hawd that's already enough proof.

Hawd is open plains grazing land doesn't matter if it's red clay or tan clay bushes is bushes.
Last edited by JSL3000 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:18 am

the 'Haud' and 'Reserve Area'. This area of 25,000 square miles was contiguous with the British Protectorate of Somaliland.
nice chunk of land.

I don't see no red clay in this pic.

Timiro1999
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Timiro1999 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:37 am

the 'Haud' and 'Reserve Area'. This area of 25,000 square miles was contiguous with the British Protectorate of Somaliland.
nice chunk of land.

I don't see no red clay and this pic.
Baligubadle hawd maaha gobolna maaha markii arabku ku ooyay ayaa la yidhi waa gobole iska haysta waa magac u yaal.
Geeljire ayaa ka dooran lahaa lo'jir subxaanaka yaa cadiim, sawir madaxaan ka haysto lo' jirku ma qurux badna :lol:
Adigu hawd jeclidaa maxaad iskaga dhejinaysaa, hawdka hadad sidaa u jeceshahay 50 halaad iyo baarqab soo iibso oo tolka la soo deg reer hawdku dadka way soo dhaweeyane.
Bil shuruud lo' raafo xun ha soo kaxaysan hadii kale Meeshad inagu ceebaynaysaa :lol:

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:49 am

I don't know what so funny cattle is expensive it's hide alone makes the best leather.

where do all these cow jokes come from do I look like lo'doon to you. :lol:

I have plenty family in the hawd that have hundreds and hundreds of camels I don't have to move somewhere to show love to my people that's already there.

Timiro1999
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Timiro1999 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:04 am

:lol: Waar yaa illaahay yaqaan, waar bal lo'doon haygu dirin.
Indr waaban iska kaftamayee bal raali noqo, Xarshin waa hawd guntii baan leeyahay maanta laga bilaabo.
Xarshin hawd :up:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:06 am

Guban,

Hawd means south and like said anything north of Labisagal to Saxardheer in Buhodle to Bokh to Shekosh to Gacan is Hawd.

Balibubadle, Wajaale, Harshin and Hartasheikh are Reserved Area.

That's why even the British used Haud and Reserved Area.

Geel iyo loo/beerolay ba loo kalabaxay not necessarily reer X iyo reer Y.

An Isaaq from Labida has more social things in common with a Dhulo from Bokh than Isaaq from beeraha coz these geeljires speak common language.

It is like Star Wars fans meeting in their nerdy venues. Basically they can talk about geeljire culture. Hashi ba dhashay, hashi ba caano badan etc but what can loo jire tell geeljire?

That's like Samsung nerd meeting an Apple nerd.

Wa sidas indr.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:09 am

Reserved area that was based on 1897 treaty :comeon: GTFO here you have gone to far don't talk to me no more go mingle with the dooros and ya poppa abo yonis. :lol:
Last edited by JSL3000 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:16 am

That's my cousin taking care of camel and baby camel near xarshin just cause there is no red clay but tan clay doesn't mean you can divide the hawd for favoritism. He wrote me "Waa nirig oo sokaraysa waxayna noqondonta geel" Image
I don't know where all these cow jokes come from damnn ya diaspora folks is too wierd.
(1) the coastal plain (guban), (2) the coastal range (ogo), and (3) plateau (hawd). 
Last edited by JSL3000 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.