Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many official names Italian Somalia has?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: How many official names Italian Somalia has?

Postby dalalos101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm

somalia is an italian invention whatever it means is irrelevant . Now its about time you walaweyn and faqash use the official term which is THE SOMALI Republic in English , in Arabic Jamhuuriyat Al-Somal in Somali , Jamhuuriyada Soomaaliyeed . not italian somalia aad meel kaste kaga macaac bacaac leediin with no knowledge of history whatsoever..

1.the translation of Somalia and Somaliland is the same, "land of Somal"

2.the etymology of Somaliland is more foreign than Somalia as the former has an entire foreign word in it while the latter a mere suffix

3. latin elements such as the suffix "ia" are neutral and not colonial makers because they are prevalent throughout the world as latin is both ancient and widespread since before colonial era, thus it is a choice to embrace it or not, just as we decided to adopt the latin alphabet.

4. an English words such as "land" is not neutral nor widespread, it is a localized word to anglosaxons rooted in germanic spread only via colonization and thus carries the shame of colonial past and should not be embraced into ones identity.

This entire thread you have been defending the use of Somaliland in such a dishonest way, while insulting Somalia in the same breath, this is the only post you have shown any indication of indifference to the name Somaliland, at least you are learining something. :lol:

To be quite frank, I have had this debate before with a lander, and it ended the exact same way, he wanted to use the name Cadal, and disowned the name Somaliland, and I agreed with him that Cadal is more suitable, but he is decades younger than you, I don't think an old fart like you will learn new tricks.
you are trying hard justifying the use of Italian Somalia , but all the historical chips are rallied against your case. There is nothing foreign about a translated term, The Arab Gulf ?? is that a foreign or a mere translation of Khaliij Al-Carab? Somaliland is a translation of the Arabic Bar-Al-Somal used by the Egyptians prior to 1884 when they had to withdrew and transfer power to the British, Somalia in the other hand never existed prior to the Italian colonization of your region, and thats the point period. The Arabs today call Somaliland Ardul-Soomaal not different then Barr-Al-Somal.

Its about time Walaweyns/Faqash cease using this Italian invention to refere to the somali region,
Wait so what you are saying is in essence you are OK with the name Somaliland because it has its roots in Arabic ? You are neither Arab nor English my friend, and you are making a false comparison between Somaliland and Arab Gulf, because arabs do not refer to it as Arab gulf but use their own language.

Just as I thought, you reversed back to being disingenuous, I was not defending the name Somalia, but just pointing out your hypocrisy.

the old name of the country is Cadal, I even posted a map of it prior to Egyptian, British colonization.

I am a radical advocate for preserving Somali history, culture and language, and from my perspective Somalia although it is not 100% Somali, I can safely say it is far less reminiscent of colonial past than Somaliland, and I will repeat myself a billionth time as I know the name Somalia irks extremist like you, I will expose the hypocrites and the shame that you bare, Anglosaxon colony Somalilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan no wonder the German pedophile made his way to you, he was attracted to the inferiority complex of idiots like you and preyed on your children.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Somaliland will stay somaliland forever , let the snotty nosed little "nationalist" punks name their mother's basement where they live, Adel and Ifat.

Flower5

Postby Flower5 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm

The name Somalia sounds so smooth and beautiful its a magical name anyways all the Isaaq I have meet in my life call our country Somalia not Somali Republic the only time that name was used is in the offical tv shows in the kacaan era the Somali democratic republic but the little man on the street who is not fancy call it Somalia

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Somaliland will stay somaliland forever , let the snotty nosed little "nationalist" punks name their mother's basement where they live, Adel and Ifat.

I am pretty sure their mothers basement will be recognized long before your poor excuse for an independent country, anyone with common sense would agree with my points and see how you got demolished in your own thread trying to cling on to the abhorrent bastardized anglosxon name Somaliland.

:whew:

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 pm

I am pretty sure their mothers basement will be recognized long before your poor excuse for an independent country, anyone with common sense would agree with my points and see how you got demolished in your own thread trying to cling on to the abhorrent bastardized anglosxon name Somaliland.

Ironic coming for an Italian protegee defending Italian somalia while deriding Somaliland a mere transl;ation of an original name.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Ironic coming for an Italian protegee defending Italian somalia while deriding Somaliland a mere transl;ation of an original name.
At this point its like beating a dead horse, even if we went with originality and bypassed the abhorrent Anglosaxon infusion in the name of ones country, the arabic version, Bilad al Somal or Ardul Somal is not much better than Somaliland, not only did Arabs colonize us as Egypt subjugated Cadal briefly for about a decade, they also aided aided the British, but then again so did your own clan, but alas shit happens, what I don't understand is why on earth would any sane Somali in the 21st century allow arabic language to supersede his own, particularly in the naming of his country, the most important expression of identity.

Somalia is still better than that, and yes Somalia means land of Somal. The official name of Somalia today is the Federal Republic of Somalia, and Somalia has resurfaced as official name post civil war, prior to that it was the Somali republic and Somali democratic republic, the latin suffix was rarely used in any official capacity.

nine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby nine » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Xplaya and Dalalos01

The "ia" suffix is used outside of colonial Italian. Xplaya waa cawaan his people use "land" bastardized English. The "ia" suffix is a common suffix used for naming.

Example in Lion classification:
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Suborder: Feliformia

Also used in the medical field:

ia noun suffix
Definition of -ia (Entry 2 of 4)
1 : pathological condition
hysteria
2 : genus of plants or animals
Fuchsia
3 : territory : world : society
suburbia
-ia plural noun suffix
Definition of -ia (Entry 3 of 4)
1 : higher taxon (such as class or order) consisting of (such plants or animals)
Sauria
2 : things derived from or relating to (something specified)
militaria
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Ia

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Somalia is the colonial name of ex Somalia Italiana. The word Somalia never existed prior to Italy naming its colony Somalia.

The union state was called the Somali Republic as Xplaya stated, and was later changed to the Somali Democratic Republic.

No one knows why qadaadweyn decided to bring their colonial name "Somalia" back.

Somaliland on the other hand is one of five names suggested during the rebirth of the state, the reason for choosing Somaliland is purely to link the modern state to the historic, internationally recognised State of Somaliland. There is a reason behind choosing that name, unlike the bizarre restoration of "Somalia", a name invented by colonial Italy, for a supposedly independent state.
if you are running from Somalia due to mistreatment in the late 80s, does it not defeat the purpose to revive the colonial name under which people from that territory saw far worse atrocities, 70+ years of maxim gun, aerial bombardment, man made famine, human zoos and so on.

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:04 am

if you are running from Somalia due to mistreatment in the late 80s, does it not defeat the purpose to revive the colonial name under which people from that territory saw far worse atrocities, 70+ years of maxim gun, aerial bombardment, man made famine, human zoos and so on.

We had an arrangement with Somalia to reach what we thought was a mutual goal of Somaliweyn, Somalia fucked that arrangement up so we are reclaiming the sovereignty we willingly gave up for the cause of Somaliweyn, its simple really. And to that end we are sticking with the name Somaliland to retain that link to the State of Somaliland. There were other names we wanted to use.

However, it is bizarre that qadaadweyns decided to bring back their colonial name, despite seemingly having a recognised state. The state was called Somali Republic and Somali Democratic Republic, you chose out of your own volition to discard these names and bring back your old colonial name. Its indefensible.

Lastly, there is no need to discuss historic colonisation with someone who suffers under one of the few instances of modern colonisation, be it Somalia under AMISOM or your own boons' miserable existence under Hawiye/KDF/AlShabab today.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:25 am

The iidoor paradox is that they are attempting to breakaway from Somalia by calling them selves somaliland. :mindblown:
The only thing they have succeeded in doing is confusing the international community.....which is good for us. :)

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 am

Caqli qurjiile :lol:

It would have been confusing had we decided on a different name.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 am

British Somaliland protectoreate
Vs Italian Somalia colony they were colonized we were never ever Colonized by a white man . But in Italian Somalia they buit cathedrals .

Either way doofaar ismaciil Is less than 6 percent of Somaliland.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 am

You should have called yourselves....The Eydoor Republic....and applied for UK oversea's territory status. :)

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am

Somaliland government's
SNM state.
Sadaat state

1960 26 june

The holy republic

Qurjiilow your our property willingly or unwillingly
And no doofaar khanzeerle can safe you

LoveandLight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LoveandLight » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Republic of Somalia , Federal government of Somalia , the Somali republic , Jamhuuriyada Somalia ?? wtf.

check how many names they have in their passport. :notsure: Somalia , Somal and Somali. Check how many official names in their "passport".

https://www.google.ca/search?q=somali+p ... 20&bih=979

What is the name of your Bullshit Hellhole?! "Somali land!" These Qaad masticating MotherFuckers have the gall to name their Hellhole Somali land: The Land of the Somali speaking peoples!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.