Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pharaonic artifacts in SL fake or real?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Pharaonic artifacts in SL fake or real?

Postby X.Playa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:41 pm

And if they are real how come no Egyptologist is interested?

Something is not adding up.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Pharaonic artifacts in SL fake or real?

Postby Nubis » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:40 pm

They are real, so beautiful :rose: :heart:

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Sada Mire :

https://www.academia.edu/14372861/Mappi ... and_Empire

The objects are associated with rock cairns, which means they have no context or provenience and therefore no meaning or historical value. No archaeologist will touch them.

This link explains provenience and provenance.

https://www.thoughtco.com/provenience-v ... ce-3971058

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Sada Mire :

The objects are associated with rock cairns, which means they have no context or provenience and therefore no meaning or historical value. No archaeologist will touch them.

Get the fuck out of here with your anti Somali bias and hatred.

You're presenting your wishes as Saada Mires words. Ridiculous..

The people of Punt spoke Lowland East Cushitic and were the ancestors of modern day Somalis, Afar and Saho.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Grant is Jewish he hates anything Somaliland and Isaaq and he knows sadaat nation will hunt his people down in the end of times...

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Sada Mire :

It doesn't say anything about an archaeologist not dare touching them. I read the article and it doesn't support your assertion.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Sada Mire :

It doesn't say anything about an archaeologist not dare touching them. I read the article and it doesn't support your assertion.
The assertion was my own. I should perhaps have said no archaeologist takes them seriously. Certainly Sada's comments are not supportive, and, as you noted, the Egyptologists are not commenting. Find an archaeologist with a supportive article if you can.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Grant is Jewish he hates anything Somaliland and Isaaq and he knows sadaat nation will hunt his people down in the end of times...
My 23andme says I am E-L29 = E1b1b1c1a. These are Natufian descendants, farmers who first settled Europe after the Ice Age and the same folks who provided the Asiatic components in Somalis and other E1b1b carriers. I am not Jewish, or even religious, and I have been through that many times before.

I have nothing special against Somaliland or the Isaaq, although I spent more time in, and feel closer to the South.

Pursuing the truth does not make one anti anything.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:30 pm

Sada Mire :

The people of Punt spoke Lowland East Cushitic and were the ancestors of modern day Somalis, Afar and Saho.
Sada Mire's words do not copy-paste well or I would have used them. They are on page 126 of the article:

Here is another article on the problem:

https://roadsandkingdoms.com/2013/the-g ... -hargeisa/

I will let you read it for yourself as I do not wish to be accused of misrepresentation.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 pm

The PDF isn't available and no where has Sado addressed these artifacts to my knowledge that's why I am skeptical.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:46 pm

The PDF isn't available and no where has Sado addressed these artifacts to my knowledge that's why I am skeptical.

I use quotation marks when I am quoting someone and leave them off when I am speaking for myself. Here Sada is using quote marks to show she is quoting someone else, and not speaking for herself. Notice the quote marks in this, and her use of "so-called" and "alleged" with reference to the sculptures. To me, her opinion is quite clear.

Page 126:

" In relation to the discussion of cairn sites, it must be noted that since 2012 in Somaliland, there have been reports of “Pharaonic” or “Puntite sites,” which all seem to be associated with cairns (see Map 2). There is no scope in this article to discuss the Land of Punt, which is located possibly somewhere on the African side of the southern Red Sea Coast, but readers can consult the literature (e.g., Bard and Fattovich 2007;Phillips 1997; Kitchen 1993). I was asked by the Somaliland Government to investigate claims made about the existence of such objects in the summer of 2014. The Ministryof Tourism had been having problems with a man who called himself a Sheikh and claimed to have spirits working with him, digging sites. I let him take me to the sites he found with the help of these spirits ( gins). Another man who works with him showed me pictures of the digging, and a film of the two of them and another man, involved with the Ministry, digging such sites. The Sheikh took me to his house in Hargeysa to show me the so-called “Pharaonic” sculptures. He proudly declared that he was selling them for up to US $15000, and named well-known figures as his clientele. The Ministry was worried that due to the demand for illicit antiquities, there might be (re)productions of sculptures. However, the sites were former cairns that had been emptied of their stones. Usually stonecutters who are selling stones to construction companies roam the landscapes for cairn sites, as these are perfectly sized stones for building local houses. I was shown sites with alleged Pharaonic artefacts; these includethe twin peaks of Naaso Hablood (“girl's breasts,” 107), Maxamood Mooge (109),Hargeysa Airport area and Masalaha (108). I have previously climbed the left peak,which has shelters with stone tools. Also, there are underground caves that showancient habitation in the area between the two peaks. The Land of Punt thus may well be the area of current-day Somalia/Somaliland. However, the current interest hastriggered looting activities, as demand has increased from wealthy locals for so-called “Puntite” sculptures. The sculptures and decorated tiles claimed to be of “Puntite” origin must be examined properly along with the sites attributed to them,some of them noted in the maps herein."

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 pm

My 23andme says I am E-L29 = E1b1b1c1a. These are Natufian descendants, farmers who first settled Europe after the Ice Age and the same folks who provided the Asiatic components in Somalis and other E1b1b carriers. I am not Jewish, or even religious, and I have been through that many times before.

I have nothing special against Somaliland or the Isaaq, although I spent more time in, and feel closer to the South.

You're not a Natufian descendant.

One of your ancestors (Y-DNA) comes from the Horn of Africa. Your autosomal DNA is European.
Last edited by Xildiiid on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xildiiid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Sada Mire :

Sada Mire's words do not copy-paste well or I would have used them. They are on page 126 of the article:

Here is another article on the problem:

https://roadsandkingdoms.com/2013/the-g ... -hargeisa/

I will let you read it for yourself as I do not wish to be accused of misrepresentation.

You tried to link your own biased opinion to archeologist Saada Mire. Its one of your fraudulent tactics

You're not very smart old man.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 pm

I use quotation marks when I am quoting someone and leave them off when I am speaking for myself. Here Sada is using quote marks to show she is quoting someone else, and not speaking for herself. Notice the quote marks in this, and her use of "so-called" and "alleged" with reference to the sculptures. To me, her opinion is quite clear.

Page 126:

" In relation to the discussion of cairn sites, it must be noted that since 2012 in Somaliland, there have been reports of “Pharaonic” or “Puntite sites,” which all seem to be associated with cairns (see Map 2). There is no scope in this article to discuss the Land of Punt, which is located possibly somewhere on the African side of the southern Red Sea Coast, but readers can consult the literature (e.g., Bard and Fattovich 2007;Phillips 1997; Kitchen 1993). I was asked by the Somaliland Government to investigate claims made about the existence of such objects in the summer of 2014. The Ministryof Tourism had been having problems with a man who called himself a Sheikh and claimed to have spirits working with him, digging sites. I let him take me to the sites he found with the help of these spirits ( gins). Another man who works with him showed me pictures of the digging, and a film of the two of them and another man, involved with the Ministry, digging such sites. The Sheikh took me to his house in Hargeysa to show me the so-called “Pharaonic” sculptures. He proudly declared that he was selling them for up to US $15000, and named well-known figures as his clientele. The Ministry was worried that due to the demand for illicit antiquities, there might be (re)productions of sculptures. However, the sites were former cairns that had been emptied of their stones. Usually stonecutters who are selling stones to construction companies roam the landscapes for cairn sites, as these are perfectly sized stones for building local houses. I was shown sites with alleged Pharaonic artefacts; these includethe twin peaks of Naaso Hablood (“girl's breasts,” 107), Maxamood Mooge (109),Hargeysa Airport area and Masalaha (108). I have previously climbed the left peak,which has shelters with stone tools. Also, there are underground caves that showancient habitation in the area between the two peaks. The Land of Punt thus may well be the area of current-day Somalia/Somaliland. However, the current interest hastriggered looting activities, as demand has increased from wealthy locals for so-called “Puntite” sculptures. The sculptures and decorated tiles claimed to be of “Puntite” origin must be examined properly along with the sites attributed to them,some of them noted in the maps herein."
It's normal scholarly caution to use alleged and claims since no study has been done, but she never called it fake either.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:08 pm

You're not a Natufian descendant.

One of your ancestors (Y-DNA) comes from the Horn of Africa. Your autosomal DNA is European.
I am absolutely a Natufian descendant. I am E1b1b1c1a, which traces directly back. E1b1b = M123. E-L29 is just downstream.

https://yhrd.org/tools/branch/E1b1b-M123

My 23andme:

"Your paternal line traces back to the common ancestor of haplogroup E-M123, a man who may have lived in eastern Africa over 20,000 years ago. At some time during the next 10,000 years, some of his descendants migrated north to the Levant and the Middle East, where the lineage is quite common today. In fact, evidence once suggested that the southern Levant may have been the birthplace of the haplogroup. It was there, soon after the Ice Age drew to a close 11,500 years ago, that humans first learned to domesticate cereals and livestock, and completely transformed their way of life. In fact, farming and herding were such successful strategies that populations boomed, sparking waves of migration into Europe and Africa about 8,000 years ago. Some of those men likely bore the E-M123 haplogroup, and as they migrated they introduced not only their technology and culture, but also the paternal lineage.

Today, some of the highest concentrations of men bearing haplogroup E-M123 and its diverse branches are found in eastern Africa, where they make up between 5 and 10% of men in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia. Farther east, nearly 10% of men tested in Oman and 8% in Yemen carry the haplogroup. And to the north, they are found at low frequencies among Egyptians, Algerians, Tunisians, and others.

The other great peak of men bearing E-M123 is in the southern Levant. They are spread throughout the Middle East and in present-day Turkey at frequencies of about 5%, and make up about 13% of the male population in Jordan. Though generally rare in Europe, E-M123 can be found among men along the Mediterranean Sea, and is at its most common in Sicily (7%) and Sardinia (4%). Even at the far western edge, the lineage found in the Iberian Peninsula, especially among men from Portugal and the Spanish region of Galicia."

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogro ... -DNA.shtml

"Haplogroup E1b1b (formerly known as E3b) represents the last major direct migration from Africa into Europe. It is believed to have first appeared in the Horn of Africa approximately 26,000 years ago and dispersed to North Africa and the Near East during the late Paleolithic and Mesolithic periods. E-M78 and E-Z827 originated respectively at 20,000 years and 24,000 years. E1b1b lineages are closely linked to the diffusion of Afroasiatic languages.

Lazaridis et al. (2016) tested the first ancient DNA samples from the Mesolithic Natufian culture in Israel, possibly the world's oldest sedentary community, and found that the male individuals belonged either to haplogroups CT or E1b1 (including two E1b1b1b2 samples). These are to date the oldest known E1b1b individuals. The same haplogroups show up in Pre-Pottery Neolithic B Jordan, accompanied by new haplogroups (H2 and T). Besides, E1b1b was not found in Neolithic Iran or Anatolia, and only showed up twice among the hundreds of Neolithic European samples that have been tested. This evidence suggests that at the end of the last glaciation 12,000 years ago, E1b1b men were present in the Levant, but not in other parts of the Near East. There is evidence that the Natufians already cultivated cereals like rye before the Neolithic period. Cereal farming may therefore trace its roots (literally) to the E1b1b tribes of the Mesolithic Levant."

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.