Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should ishambar system be brought back

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Should ishambar system be brought back

Postby TarTar » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:11 pm

ishambar was used to give fair representation to communities who do not vote

https://media.africaportal.org/document ... ATED-3.pdf

This document from May 2021 about previous elections under ishambar system:
Historically, Sool had 12 MPs, 6 seats were not up for grabs and were allocated
exclusively to Dhulbahante representatives, and the remaining 6 seats were up for competition.
The latter 6 seats were easily won by 5 Isaaq-Habar-Jeclo candidates and 1 Isaaq-Habar Yobis
candidate since those in Ainabo (predominantly Habar Jeclo district) voted in the elections.

We abandoned that system in 2021. led to nonvoting community of Wasakhgali getting ZERO seats. Dolbahante get like 3 or 4. Alternative would be to put Harti seats in their own constituencies. The only winner or loser would be Harti

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Re: Should ishambar system be brought back

Postby theyuusuf143 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:27 pm

No we don't need isxanbaar. One man's death is another man's bread .

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:12 am

No need for isxambaar if you can't produce ur mp through the ballot box. Then get out of the kitchen. Wasakhgali got zero. Because they are 2 small they are like 3 percent of the sl population

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:47 pm

Tartar are you a darod or do you have a darod mother? Why should a tiny minority of Somaliland who makes up 4% be appeased or accommodated?

What about the other minorities of Somaliland, should they get this treatment or is it only for your ilk/reer abti?

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:54 pm

No need for isxambaar if you can't produce ur mp through the ballot box. Then get out of the kitchen. Wasakhgali got zero. Because they are 2 small they are like 3 percent of the sl population
Can you prove your claim?

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TarTar » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Tartar are you a darod or do you have a darod mother? Why should a tiny minority of Somaliland who makes up 4% be appeased or accommodated?

What about the other minorities of Somaliland, should they get this treatment or is it only for your ilk/reer abti?
I am a lander. n I hate that we underrepresent. I know they boycotted. But parliament representation should be based on population.

Even if Harti boycott election they should still get represented by putting their seats in constituencies that only contain Harti.

If we put Isak n Harti in the same constituencies then the boycotting Harti lose representation to Isak who vote

if we put Harti seats in constituencies with no Isak voters, then the only winner will be Harti. they would be represented even if they boycott

not asking for affirmative action. Just saying if there is a community that is full of boycotters, we need to separate their constituencies from Isak constituencies until we stop their election boycott

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Yes, you are so small you are ashamed to claim your own ilk

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:38 pm

I am a lander. n I hate that we underrepresent. I know they boycotted. But parliament representation should be based on population.

Even if Harti boycott election they should still get represented by putting their seats in constituencies that only contain Harti.

If we put Isak n Harti in the same constituencies then the boycotting Harti lose representation to Isak who vote

if we put Harti seats in constituencies with no Isak voters, then the only winner will be Harti. they would be represented even if they boycott

not asking for affirmative action. Just saying if there is a community that is full of boycotters, we need to separate their constituencies from Isak constituencies until we stop their election boycott

Sorry darod is tiny minority in sool and sanaag and as a result will not see favoured treatment or affirmative action

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:57 pm

Yes there is proof I will look it up for u wasakhgali is 3 percent of Somaliland overall population. Mahoka can u post the statistics. Years ago it has been shown on this site

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:17 am

Yes there is proof I will look it up for u wasakhgali is 3 percent of Somaliland overall population. Mahoka can u post the statistics. Years ago it has been shown on this site
Your inability to prove means there's no proof.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Yes there is evidence that wasakhgali is 3 percent this was presented few years ago on snet. In the statistic
I just can't find it but I will look it up.. But its 100 percent true. That wasakhgali is 3 percent of Somaliland total population. And it makes perfect sense wasakhgali biggest town is 18000 people.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Your inability to prove means there's no proof.

You have been exposed as mareexan

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Yes there is evidence that wasakhgali is 3 percent this was presented few years ago on snet. In the statistic
I just can't find it but I will look it up.. But its 100 percent true. That wasakhgali is 3 percent of Somaliland total population. And it makes perfect sense wasakhgali biggest town is 18000 people.
Why do you argue with this mareexan guy who is so ashamed of claiming his own ilk and tribe. The man is literally ashamed of his own heritage. That should tell you all you need to know

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.