Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ancient Somaliland writing system predating Roman n Semitic scripts

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Thecoolguysomali
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Ancient Somaliland writing system predating Roman n Semitic scripts

Postby Thecoolguysomali » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:09 pm

Also Adal would be 100% Marexan name. Marexan birthed his nephew the legendary nuur ibn mujahid hirabu bin goita tedros garaad mataan etc etc and had the largest fighting force. Ahmed gurey might've even been marexan. Isaaq on the other hand, it is not even clear! The most I have seen is habar maqdi, and who knows where this is from. Your force was less and it was mostly darood.

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Ancient Somaliland writing system predating Roman n Semitic scripts

Postby TarTar » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:14 pm

First of all read your grammar and second of all do you understand what you just wrote? THE BRITISH CALLED YOU THAT. So why are you acting like you never done it yourselves, were you not called british somaliland?
as long as we're clear both somaliland n somalia r colonial names, my work is done :MJ:

don't worry about tha grammar as long as u understand wut i wrote

as 2 nomenclature

:mindblown: old geezers in Hamar n Hargeisa need 2 choose new names 4 their respective nations. something like Adal Repulic 4 Somaliland. woulda chosen land of punt but u know tha stealth secessionists stole tha name. but i blame somaliland idiots who 1st turned down that name land of punt

i think y'all was called azania in antiquity
kulaha adopt your former colonial master's name if you are clear on that then stfu why should you care you are getting a knew one which people still refer to you by.
it's unfortunate dat weak somaliland leaders let the highly italianized elites of somalia 1960 propagate tha italian colonial name, somalia. if u don't like colonial names, u should de-italianize somalia's official name

Iran had 2 tell every1 that Persia is not their name. tha people of Adal Republic gonna have 2 tell tha world not 2 call 'em by italian colonial name nor english colonial name. need 2 wait fo he old geezers in Hargeisa 2 retire

i suggest the ex italian colony also drop it's the italian colonial name

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.