Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warlords Next Door?

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Ashlee
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

The Warlords Next Door?

Postby Ashlee » Tue May 27, 2008 5:09 am

How do you guys feel about this doc.? Was it pure hogwash? Do you still support the TFG? Do you think Abdullahi Yusuf should be prosecuted for warcrimes?

I watched the doc. and, based on what I read on here, I was expecting to be really upset, but I wasn't. I don't know what the big fuss was about, the reporter kept on saying "I've heard", "It's been said" etc so most of it was based on hearsay. The worse bit was when he interviewed the Hawiye elders. Who expects people like Ahmed Diriye to say something useful? I don't care for the TFG, but I think most of the doc. was pure bullsh1t. :roll:

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The Warlords Next Door?

Postby gemini07 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 am

bullshit weey dhaaftay

these xayawaan think they're propganda savvy now

Ashlee
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Postby Ashlee » Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 am

I felt sad for the civilians, but that was overshadowed by the random Somalis who were interviewed in England. I can beat most of them did it for clan reasons. The reporter didn't validate any of the things they said. It just seemed like gossip. Anyone who's taken a course in research knows about verifying your sources and none of that was done. Like who cares if Darwiish used to pack peas? What did this doc. prove and what will come of it? They can't charge anyone based on this documentary.

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gemini07 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:16 am

the ppl who they interviewed in leicester was a mareexaan dude
and a hawiye man.

these fockers better prepare for dhimasho

Ashlee
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee » Tue May 27, 2008 5:19 am

gemini07 wrote:the ppl who they interviewed in leicester was a mareexaan dude
and a hawiye man.

these fockers better prepare for dhimasho

Ina Adeer you're a G. :lol: You already got the background info and everything. Hayaay, they better watch themselves, eh? :lol:

I really, truly, do feel sorry for the civilians esp the poor mothers who can't feed their children, but MEN forced to calaacal on British Television when they could take matters into their own hands if they really wanted to ( the people live in their cities for heavens sake)? I have no sympathy for them.

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gemini07 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 am

ASHLEY, i know their names,addresses,number of kids etc
i asked my peeps in lesta.
sooner or later geeyladooda waa la maqlidoona :lol:

abaayo,most of those ppl in the hospitals were injured because of the bombs al-shaydaan and co plant

if they are niman ragg ah,why dnt they take the fight outside the city.
instead they're fighting underneath the baati of innocent women,nacala xaarweeynayaashaan kuyaal

precious_dyme
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby precious_dyme » Tue May 27, 2008 11:32 am

gemini07 wrote: i know their names,addresses,number of kids etc

:lol: :lol: Ohh they are scared. :oops:

Ashlee, It's interesting knowing what these warlords used to do for a living....and what made them become warlords. I see that you are trying to conceale the truth.....clan affiliations is the obvious reason I suppose. Open your eyes sis....A.Y will not help you in this life and the next. So what's the point defending a criminal who could be prosecuted for mass murder?

Ashlee
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ashlee » Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Why is their former occupation so important? It seemed like pure xan in my opinion. You could tell when the guy was talking about where Darwiish used to work, he had a smirk on his face. Typical Somali. If only he knew this program would backfire on the entire Somali community in the UK. Do you think non-Somali Britons will able to differentiate between a "warlord" and a regular Somali? No! For John and Barbara, all Somalis will be "the warlords next door". That is my main problem with the documentary.

I do not live in England, but isn't Channel 4 some racist channel or something? This program, "Dispatches", has been accused of highly editing and misrepresenting information before ( in its "Undercover Mosque" documentary), so what's wrong with me questioning the research/evidence that went behind this documentary? Considering all of this, am I wrong to question why the two men in Leicester allowed themselves to be interviewed by a Ch4 news cast. I believe they did it for clan reasons & didn't care too much about the implications of this program.

As for whether A/Y will or should be prosecuted for warcrimes, that depends on who you ask. If Siad Barre was alive, some people would want to prosecute him for the same thing, while others would defend him. Like I said, it depends on who you ask.

Gemini,

I agree but, nonetheless, regardless of why those women and children are in those makeshift camps, they need to be helped. :(

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Tue May 27, 2008 1:50 pm

The warlords do all that and much more, we don't need a English reporter to tell us of that

precious_dyme
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby precious_dyme » Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Of course ''non Somali Britons'' as you're saying will differentiate between a ''warlord'' and a regular Somali. Just because one is a non-Somali doesn't mean that they are clueless and don't have knowledge of Somali political affairs. See I don't think you quite understand the importance of politics. If a person is being investigated, don't you think that their former occupation or whatever you like to call it will be relevant? Even the slightest info will be relevant. Or perhaps they are pointing out that supposedly an ordinary person can one day have an authority figure, where they can do as they wish. Even if it's against the human rights... I see it as ''Xukun jaceel''

You've been doing quite some research on channel 4 huh? As I know of channel 4 has not a track history of being ''a racist channel'. Come on let's be realistic, it would have been banned if that were the case. To tell you the truth C4 broadcasts extreme documentaries, and tough luck to people who are against it. We are talking about concealing the truth behind the devastation, which is now happening in Muqdisho. As for the two men who were interviewed allahu aclam we don't know what their intentions were. They were obviously speaking out, not that it is a bad thing. You should never look at the negative side.

Lastly, abaayo don't compare aun Siad Barre to Abdulllahi Yusuf . As we know Abdullahi Yusuf was and still is a warlord. Since the Government of Siad Barre, he was labeled as a ''warlord''. A.Y has committed crimes, which no president in the Somali history has ever committed. Siad Barre was the one who introduced the Somali language as the education delivery language. He championed the concept of a Greater Somalia, which intended to unite all ethnic Somalis in one nation state. He denounced tribalism in a wider context as a ''disease'' obstructing development not only in Somalia, but also throughout the Third World...and so on. All that achievements he left behind, shattered. What did A.Y achieve from being a ''President''? He carried on the destruction of our beloved land. He didn't do one little benefit for the Somali people. I guess the majority of the Somali people lost hope, we don't see any Peace and Prosperity heading our way unfortunately. The future looks dark for us, while A.Y and his likes are freely doing as they wish.

Cisse Westlake
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cisse Westlake » Tue May 27, 2008 3:03 pm

not suprised gemeni still hasnt change her views on the TFG :lol:

ashlee , channel 4 is a honest channel that loves honesty and the truth :up:

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Ashlee, the reason they mentioned his profession here in the UK is to highlight the fact that how easy it is for a foreigner to live and work amongst you and go undetected.
They could be rapists, murderes or in this case warlords hence the title "Warlords next door"?

The problem with soomaalida is that they stick by their leaders side because of clan affiliations like the topic maker.
Another example is Precious Dyme who strongly believes A Yusufs crimes cant be compared with Afweynes crimes because he actually did something positive for the people, which i agree with.
According to her he was a good president, hasn't done anything wrong despite the huge number of innocent fatalities because they share the same clan.

paidmonk
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby paidmonk » Tue May 27, 2008 8:14 pm

^ FACTUALLY SPEAKING, Afweyne was a great leader. I'll be more than happy to share the numbers on how he immensely improved Somalia.

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Tue May 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Nobody is refuting that, i was trying to highlight the obvious which was he has blood on his hands and killed a lot of people which is something she denies.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue May 27, 2008 9:54 pm

gemini07 wrote:ASHLEY, i know their names,addresses,number of kids etc

You do know Lesta is the Columbus of the U.K with a 90% Mareexaan population? :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.