Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Faroole on Siyaad Barre(aun)

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sheekh-Farax-zero
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Faroole on Siyaad Barre(aun)

Postby sheekh-Farax-zero » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 am

We are grateful to the last words of [former Somali President] Mohamed Siad [Barre], who built a port and the north-south highway in Puntland," President Farole said to the crowd's applause, while referring to Somalia' s last strongman ruler who was overthrown in 1991.

President Barre took control of Somalia on Oct. 21, 1969, in a bloodless military coup but was overthrown by clan warlords who plunged the Horn of Africa country in years of civil war and national disintegration.

Source: Garowe Online

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Faroole on Siyaad Barre(aun)

Postby zingii » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:33 am

We are grateful to the last words of [former Somali President] Mohamed Siad [Barre], who built a port and the north-south highway in Puntland," President Farole said to the crowd's applause, while referring to Somalia' s last strongman ruler who was overthrown in 1991.

President Barre took control of Somalia on Oct. 21, 1969, in a bloodless military coup but was overthrown by clan warlords who plunged the Horn of Africa country in years of civil war and national disintegration.

Source: Garowe Online

????????????????????

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:41 am

Long Live Faroole!

Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:35 am

LOL Advo. Long live Faroole indeed.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Long Live Faroole!
If he stays where he at and not think about KISMAYO ever.

and i mean ever. :up:

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:37 am

Long live Faroole and AUN Barre.

Barre gets much praise in Puntland indeed, it's not the first time I hear people say that we owe a lot to the marxuum.

That highway has become our Nile, waana weliba state of the art. From Galkacyo to Garowe is like the rest of Somalia, barely a road. But from Garowe to Bosaso, the part that was built in the late 80s, is western standard. :up:
Long Live Faroole!
If he stays where he at and not think about KISMAYO ever.

and i mean ever. :up:
You must be special if you think Kismayo will become a Marehan tuulo. Don't worry that much about us, we're busy, worry about the other half of Kablalax, those bastards have nothing to lose. :lol:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:04 am

Cinque,

Have You been to that road and seen it? Really though, the thing that infuriates Me about When people say MSB was qalibste is When He did not give Gedo even one development project but instead invested in Woqooyi, Benadir, Kismaayo and Jubooyinka (Sugar project, in Jilib, refining upgrading Kista port, and even friggin Bari (Port) and Nugaal (road to Bossaso). I mean I can say How someone might say He aun was autocratic, maybe like power etc. but You cannot say He was qabliste. If You look at the number one cause of Rebel Movments in Countries their 1st complaint is always "Our regions are being neglected".

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:16 am

Murax,

I've seen the road and I was shocked. I could see why it has costed a whopping $150 million USD. You think like you're driving in Arizona or Australia or something with the high quality road and desert landscape.

They used dynamite to blast their way through the mountains as well. The Italians have been really busy in Puntland in the late 80s.

But we've been colonized by these motherfuckers, they destroyed the Majerten Sultanate and bombed it into the Regionne Migiurtinia e Somalia Italiana. So we deserve even more than this as a reparation for all the bloodshed.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 am

Cinuqe,

Who Has been mantaining that Highway the past 20 years? I'm sure it costs real money.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:26 am

^^^^^Ina yuusuf and cadde.

those are the two i can think of
if any one maintained it.

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:30 am

All the vehicles get heavily taxed on that road by the Puntland government. That money is intended for maintenance by NESHA, the Puntland Highway Authority.

Like you said real maintenance costs a lot of money, but they're doing just enough to prevent severe deterioration.

The worst part of road in Puntland is between Galkacyo and Bacadweyn, because of the war against Aidid.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:32 am

^^^^^Ina yuusuf and cadde.

those are the two i can think of
if any one maintained it.

Cinque,

Understood. Btw, on the Puntland road blocks do they ask people their qabil and what they are doing in Puntland? :lol: :clap:

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:34 am

^^^^^ amaa igu dhahdaa mooryaantii laamigii bay fujiyeen oo dahab baa ku duugan bay islahaayeen. :shock:

Cinque Mtume
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cinque Mtume » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:43 am

Yeah, sometimes if you look interesting. But they ask more out of simple curiosity, rather than for security measures.

They'll only give you a hard time if they find out that you're Hawiye. That's the group that's most likely to be harrassed in Puntland, all the other Somalis are welcome.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:09 am

Yeah, sometimes if you look interesting. But they ask more out of simple curiosity, rather than for security measures.

They'll only give you a hard time if they find out that you're Hawiye. That's the group that's most likely to be harrassed in Puntland, all the other Somalis are welcome.

loooool...could just imagine the 'war balayadaan hawiyeda maxay meeshan ka soo dooneen'

It reminds Me of My friend who visited Yemen, Somalis there are basically like Nationals so nobody asks them if there in the Country legaly, but in one checkpoint, they saw Him in the Car and they just knew this Guy was from the States from the way He was dressed, they told Him to get out of the car, and asked Him a few questions and He simply said He was a Somali refugee, and the Yemeni dude was like no I know You came from the West I can tell, even Your Somali isn't good, LOL...He Had no choice but to let Him go.

Since Somalia Has no Gov, and no State ID's, a simple 'Warya yaad tahay' will suffice for Puntland now, lol.

I guess what You meant by 'If you look intersting" is by maybe having a red cimmamad, a beard, or coming from the West..Btw, are people back in Somalia able to detect from someones Somali that they came from the West??

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.