Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Puntland government appeals for urgent humanitarian assistance for refugees & returnees from Yemen

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Puntland government appeals for urgent humanitarian assistance for refugees & returnees from Yemen

Postby Buraanbur » Thu May 28, 2015 7:01 pm

PRESS STATEMENT

May 28, 2015
Since the outbreak of the conflict in Yemen, Puntland has received thousands of refugees and returnees from Yemen. With the limited available resource and the support of the people of Puntland the Government has received over 10,000 refugees and returnees from Yemen at Bossaso port. More and more refugees and returnees fleeing war and violence are now using the red sea to reach safety, resulting in an unprecedented number of refugees and returning arriving in Puntland, many of which are vulnerable groups such as women and children.

There has been approximately an average of 800 refugees entering Puntland from Yemen, reaching a high mark yesterday with the arrival of 2000 refugees and returnees in one day. Majority of the refugees are Somalis, other nationalities include people from Yemen, Ethiopia and Sub Saharan Africa. Closure of external land borders and airports in Yemen leave no choice to refugees and returnees but to use the sea as their main route to safety in Puntland.

The Government of Puntland with limited resources is currently providing reception, and essential relief items to refugees and returnees. However, the Government is not able to singlehandedly cope with the scale and scope of this ensuing humanitarian crisis. The Government therefore appeals urgently to the international community and humanitarian agencies working in Somalia to provide urgent and immediate humanitarian support to the thousands of civilians fleeing the conflict in Yemen and arriving in Puntland.

“We have issued appeals and received expressions of appreciation and gratitude from the international community and humanitarian agencies as we work hard to provide a safe haven for the refugees and returnees from Yemen. It is now time for the international community to step forward, urgently, and provide the refugees and returnees with humanitarian assistance and repatriation support, as we simple cannot shoulder it alone any longer” said President Abdiweli as he visited reception centers in Bossaso.

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Puntland government appeals for urgent humanitarian assistance for refugees & returnees from Yemen

Postby Buraanbur » Thu May 28, 2015 7:14 pm

My fellow Puntlanders, let's heed the call of our government and start collecting donations from our family, friend, co-workers etc. We should direct the funds to Sheikh Dahir Aw Cabdi and the other wadaads. If we donate to NGOs, most of the funds will be wasted on administration.

Contact details:
Sheikh Daahir Aw-Cabdi 252 907 726104
Sheikh Axmad Yuusuf Daad 252 907 793171
Sheikh Maxamad Macallin 252 907 796364

Account details:

Dahabshiil Bank: BSSD 005341
Salaam Bank: 80125795
Sahal Bank: 445941

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Puntland government appeals for urgent humanitarian assistance for refugees & returnees from Yemen

Postby Idman702 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Good idea cuz. I will go to Minneapolis this weekend inshallah and donate. :up:

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Good idea cuz. I will go to Minneapolis this weekend inshallah and donate. :up:
Now you can go back to the mall and harass those women who were harassing you. :lol: :mrgreen:

A ship with 2600 people arrived at the port of Bosaso yesterday:

Halmog
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Halmog » Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 pm

:up:

WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WaaliCas » Thu May 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Reer Attention seekers,

I have two questions ya'll. How come not a single Konfuuri came to this post to thank ya'll despite all this desperate efforts to seek their attention? I mean the Koofuuris are more into what happens in SL than what is happening in PL.

I do like to see the likes of BlackVelvet, Yalaxoow, Warsheekh and others take the time to write ya'll few appreciation cards hahahahahaha. it appears they more concern about the affairs of Berbera and you guys are like rooster dancing in the Kalahari desert.

Lastly, how come Dahabshiil a/c sits on top and Amal is no where to be seen?

Thanks

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Thu May 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Reer Attention seekers,

I have two questions ya'll. How come not a single Konfuuri came to this post to thank ya'll despite all this desperate efforts to seek their attention? I mean the Koofuuris are more into what happens in SL than what is happening in PL.

I do like to see the likes of BlackVelvet, Yalaxoow, Warsheekh and others take the time to write ya'll few appreciation cards hahahahahaha. it appears they more concern about the affairs of Berbera and you guys are like rooster dancing in the Kalahari desert.

Thanks
Charity is a thankless act. What makes you think I care what Beesha USC on Somalinet think? I made this topic to inform the visitors of this section about how they could help. No one..not me, not the Sheikhs, not the Puntland government.. is trying to seek anyones attention and surely not the attention of USC supporters, xaaran ku naax and terrorist sympathizers. It's because of their actions that these poor people had to flee their homelands in the first place. They are the same ones to celebrate the targeted assassinations of Puntlanders in Mogadishu, they are same people who were gleefully praying that AMISOM forces were sent to Puntland, and I'm sure they make dua every night that the terrorists in Galgala take over the region. I don't see eye-to-eye with these people and I will forever vehemently oppose the AMISOM protectorate and its President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, but a mother of 5 who had to dodge bombs in Yemen and suffered days on a ship has nothing to do with politics. She may share an abtirsi with these people, but that's about it and she should not be punished or held accountable for the actions of other Southies. Even Hassan Sheikh Mohamud doesn't care about the returnees and has stolen ( or "misappropriated") the funds given by the IC and aid agencies. This is why Puntland has been forced to look after the returnees using its own resources and the resources of the locals in the regions. It is an act of charity and Puntland does not care if they are appreciated or rewarded for it by others because the ones who matter have thanked us enough. :up:

Btw, what's wrong with using Dahabshiil? It is the #1 Somali money transfer and has the most branches worldwide. This is a humanitarian appeal, why would they tell people to strictly use a PL-owned hawala when Amal doesn't have branches in some cities? Even I use Dahabshiil 90% of the time. :lol:
Last edited by Buraanbur on Thu May 28, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Thu May 28, 2015 11:29 pm

I'd also like to add that people are naturally more strongly drawn to negativity than they are to positivity which is why news media is filled with fear-mongering and hate speech. Somalis love perpetuating negative news and that's why Somaliland ( and now Djibouti) is being roasted on social media. They ignore you when things are going good, but they love to kick you when you're down. It's to be expected.
Last edited by Buraanbur on Thu May 28, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WaaliCas » Thu May 28, 2015 11:54 pm

My PL girl I'm satisfied with your answer however as we both aware I don't think SL did anything wrong. Just looking after its own first and I know many PL would wish Gaas did the same especially as we will soon see more attacks in PL by Kinfuuri criminal elements. Not only will Galgala find new recruits but I know this show will bite PL in the butt. But for that you just have to wait and see.

The UN already declared PL as dangerous as Mogadishu and Berbera is too important for us to become another assassination hub.

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Fri May 29, 2015 12:12 am

My PL girl I'm satisfied with your answer however as we both aware I don't think SL did anything wrong. Just looking after its own first and I know many PL would wish Gaas did the same especially as we will soon see more attacks in PL by Kinfuuri criminal elements. Not only will Galgala find new recruits but I know this show will bite PL in the butt. But for that you just have to wait and see.

The UN already declared PL as dangerous as Mogadishu and Berbera is too important for us to become another assassination hub.
:lol:

UN aid workers get paid more if they're based in a dangerous area so it is in the interest of the UN to claim that Puntland is as dangerous as Mogadishu. When Puntland told them not a single soul from Beesha Uganda iyo Burundi would be deployed in Puntland, the UN was back in Garowe smiling and acting like nothing happened.:mrgreen:

Waalicas, I support their repatriation to Southistan. You done lost your mind if you think I'm advocating to have them assimilated into the local population. They're guests in makeshift camps and keeping them in Puntland unrealistic and unsustainable for many reasons. We will let them rest and get nourished so they make the long trek back home, but long-term resettlement? No way. The genetic and cultural integrity of Puntland is muqaddas. On the subject of security, the Puntland Intelligence Agency in Bosaso is keeping an eye on those stinking Arabs and all Southie males over the age of 11. One wrong move and Cali-Xun will finish off the job. :ufdup:

Bari14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bari14 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 am

Fuck the UN :pacspit:

Since when has UN become reliable source? They were the reason why Lumumba got cut up like construction paper.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 am

Reer Attention seekers,

Thanks
Dumb iidoor! Did it ever occur to you that half of them or more might be the locals?

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Idman702 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:14 am

First of all walicaas you Ethiopian smutt. We are not doing this to show off, charity comes from the heart. You're the most idiotic member I've ever seen.

Farxaaryare seriously iska amuus. Doqon baa tahay. Our locals are not refugees in Puntland. Go craze your grass, you dumb cow. Doqonkan baa somalinet iskala dhaax jiiro.

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Fri May 29, 2015 2:11 am

War anaga balaayo aragnay. Is FarahYare actually trying to suggest that the majority of these people are Puntlanders? Why would locals need to stay in makeshift camps? Somalia is the land of qabiil, rest assured if they were locals, they would go back to their ancestral territory. :lol: Go watch the videos I've posted and listen to their accents, they are clearly Southerners. Even Sheikh Daahir Aw-Cabdi stated that they were not locals.

Furthermore, if you knew anything you would know that Mukalla is to Puntland what Aden is to Somaliland. We have strong links with the region and a well-established community. Most of our people who needed to leave had the resources to do so and left. It is the Southerners who, years ago, made tahriib from Puntland to Yemen that are now coming back to Puntland through these ships.

The funds that the government is asking for is so they can house these people so stop being such an ungrateful little cunt and donate the $10 you would have used to make a Macca's run. :ufdup:

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Fri May 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Today, Golis provided free transport and money to 300 people heading to Mogadishu

Tawfiiq Bank also helped an additional 300, mainly heading to Hargeisa and Galmudug/Central Somalia.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.