Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The reason why Eritrea did not invade Somalia is...

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
harar

The reason why Eritrea did not invade Somalia is...

Postby harar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Eritrea has a history of invading other countries. He is some well-known ones.

Eritrea invades Yemen's hanish islands
(http://www.foreignaffairs.org/sponsored ... _print.pdf)

Eritrea attacks Sudan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/335911.stm

Djibouti blames Eritrea for shelling Djibouti town (1996)
http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Hornet/irin_111299b.html

UN accuses Eritrea for Invading Ethiopia
http://www.pca-cpa.org/showpage.asp?pag_id=1151

The only country Eritrea did not invade is Somalia. why is that?? does this mean Eritrea loves Somalia??

Shankaroon_614
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: The reason why Eritrea did not invade Somalia is...

Postby Shankaroon_614 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:23 pm

What are you? where r u from? Are you a Harari?

Sadaam_Mariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sadaam_Mariixmaan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:26 pm

Because Afwerki's midget cousin Zenawai beat him to it

zackabdul
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zackabdul » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:28 pm

We don't share a border with them, that's why. They'd have to go through Ethiopia or Djibouti to get to us.

harar

Postby harar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:28 pm

zackabdul wrote:We don't share a border with them, that's why. They'd have to go through Ethiopia or Djibouti to get to us.

ding-ding!! correct answer
bravo :up:

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:40 pm

harar where can i find your last topic about eritrea invading djibouti :lol: i mean did they moved it ore wissed it.kulaay this one will not last long :lol:

harar let me add this one yes they might not share borders with us but they were abial to support opposition groups. see it like somalia ineey garoonkii deexee tahay and eritrea and ethiopia were playing their proxy war out.
Last edited by fagash_killer on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justsom

Postby justsom » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:46 pm

zackabdul wrote:We don't share a border with them, that's why. They'd have to go through Ethiopia or Djibouti to get to us.

common sense

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:56 pm

they dont share borders with sudan to but just like somalia they were arming and supporting sudanese groups. some even went far by saying that their where eri soldiers in sudan training and arming them i dont know if its true. but than you can add also somalia in that list cuss the regime of asmara war influence hit the republic of somalia real hard.

harar

Postby harar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:57 pm

fagash_killer wrote:harar where can i find your last topic about eritrea invading djibouti :lol: i mean did they moved it ore wissed it.kulaay this one will not last long :lol:

harar let me add this one yes they might not share borders with us but they were abial to support opposition groups. see it like somalia ineey garoonkii deexee tahay and eritrea and ethiopia were playing their proxy war out.

:lol: i know Somalinet forum has a habit of deleting my threads and posts they don't like. i have gotten used to it :roll:

I know some somalis think somaliland/issu, djibouti and Harar-Somalis are traitors so i accept the forum censorship as a way of life, a form of somali-on-somali harrassment typical in mogadishu. :wink:

paidmonk
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby paidmonk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:01 pm

fagash_killer wrote:they dont share borders with sudan to but just like somalia they were arming and supporting sudanese groups. some even went far by saying that their where eri soldiers in sudan training and arming them i dont know if its true. but than you can add also somalia in that list cuss the regime of asmara war influence hit the republic of somalia real hard.

Wow. You should sue your primary school teacher.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby fagash_killer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:08 pm

[quote="harar"][quote="fagash_killer"][b]harar where can i find your last topic about eritrea invading djibouti :lol: i mean did they moved it ore wissed it.kulaay this one will not last long :lol:[/b]

harar let me add this one yes they might not share borders with us but they were abial to support opposition groups. see it like somalia ineey garoonkii deexee tahay and eritrea and ethiopia were playing their proxy war out.[/quote]
:lol: i know Somalinet forum has a habit of deleting my threads and posts they don't like. i have gotten used to it :roll:

I know some somalis think somaliland/issu, djibouti and Harar-Somalis are [b]traitors [/b]so i accept the forum censorship as a way of life, a form of somali-on-somali harrassment typical in mogadishu. :wink:[/quote]

lolz the last one. this time i agree with them. these kind of topics could lead to clan topics.they want inaad clan topic miid cusub furatiid. lakiin than i say what about the islamic topics? and some other clan topics treaths that are beeing aloud by the mods.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby fagash_killer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:12 pm

[quote="paidmonk"][quote="fagash_killer"][u]they dont share borders with sudan[/u] to but just like somalia they were arming and supporting sudanese groups. some even went far by saying that their where eri soldiers in sudan training and arming them i dont know if its true. but than you can add also somalia in that list cuss the regime of asmara war influence hit the republic of somalia real hard.[/quote]

Wow. You should sue your primary school teacher.

[img]http://www.nvtc.gov/lotw/months/july/images/HornAfricaMap.jpg[/img][/quote]

bravo atleast miid walii wuu soo jeedaa :mrgreen:

Brav3Heart
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Brav3Heart » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:37 pm

harar wrote:

nice set up I guess you got the answer you wanted, but they could've attacted Somalia like they've done with Yemen which does not share a border with them.

Eri is a good neighbor :up:

harar

Postby harar » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Brav3Heart wrote:
harar wrote:

nice set up I guess you got the answer you wanted, but they could've attacted Somalia like they've done with Yemen which does not share a border with them.

Eri is a good neighbor :up:

dude, there is no government in somalia to attack in the first place :lol:
there are only proxies in somalia (southern somalia) that is why BBC reported Eritrea sending ship load of weapons and military advisers to the ICU in 2006 and Ethiopia sending its army to help the TFG. here read this BBC report about various proxies in southern somalia http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/special_rep ... 399898.stm

Anyway, i wonder if Somaliland will be just like Eritrea if somaliland gets its independence. I don't think the reason why Eritrea started war against Yemen, Sudan, Ethiopia and Djibouti was because Eritrean government is crazy. The reason must be because they did not agree on the maps or boundaries to use after Eritrea's independence. Since Somaliland is already fighting Puntland, i think there is big chance that SOmaliland will be in bigger wars in the future if it gets UN recognition to mark a permenant boundary.

anyway, Africa is simply hell on earth :roll:

Brav3Heart
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Brav3Heart » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:21 pm

harar wrote:

dude, there is no government in somalia to attack in the first place :lol:
there are only proxies in somalia (southern somalia) that is why BBC reported Eritrea sending ship load of weapons and military advisers to the ICU in 2006 and Ethiopia sending its army to help the TFG. here read this BBC report about various proxies in southern somalia http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/special_rep ... 399898.stm

Anyway, i wonder if Somaliland will be just like Eritrea if somaliland gets its independence. I don't think the reason why Eritrea started war against Yemen, Sudan, Ethiopia and Djibouti was because Eritrean government is crazy. The reason must be because they did not agree on the maps or boundaries to use after Eritrea's independence. Since Somaliland is already fighting Puntland, i think there is big chance that SOmaliland will be in bigger wars in the future if it gets UN recognition to mark a permenant boundary.

anyway, Africa is simply hell on earth :roll:

You're right about Somalia not having a government which should make it even more vulnerable to an attack from Eri. Dude dont worry about Somaliland, it can have its small cat fights and small skrmishes with its sister state puntland but thats about it.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.