Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shiek Umal is in Mugadisho

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Kolombo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Shiek Umal is in Mugadisho

Postby Kolombo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Murax,

I hear you bro. I was a staunch supporter of them for years and honestly believed they were the only religious group that did not harbor clan ideologies. I was blind to many of their faults that outsiders could easily see and there was a time I saw them as a true Jihadi group. Initially and specially during Ceyrow's leadership, they seemed to be on the right path. But lately, they seem to be making one mistake after another.

It also doesn't help them when they accuse Bare Hiiraale & Sh. Shariif of murtadnimo, while welcoming to peacefully negotiate with RRA leaders like Xaabsade & Gudoomiyahii hore ee Bay & Bakol. I actually saw Abu Mansur's interview whereby he essentially said Xaabsade & other Ethiopian lackeys would be included in the Islamic government that Al-shabaab plans to install in Baydhabo and their militia would be made part of Al-shabaab. How can you call someone a murtad and welcome the same men who were fighting you 'till the last moment? Things like that are what makes them lose supporters.

Ilaaheey ha soo hanuuniyo, amiin. Everyone is tired of the endless cycle of violence, hopefully they will stop their takfiir business. The council of North America Imaams including Sh. Nuuh Ciise are today releasing a joint statement asking Al-shabaab to give peace a chance and for the masses to give Sh. Shariif a chance as well.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Shiek Umal is in Mugadisho

Postby The_Patriot » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 pm

If this Culama make a statement that supports the Sharif then, I will shun from dragging the name of Sharif into the Mud.
But come on guys Ethiopia is not dead it just left and is back in Bay & Bakool.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.