Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arriving in Badhan

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ire.
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Arriving in Badhan

Postby ire. » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Badhan :heart:

I'm going to Sanaag, Hargeysa and Bari next summer - that is, if I can talk my parents into it. They're not too keen on my going alone, given my Somali.

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:50 pm

ire. wrote:Badhan :heart:

I'm going to Sanaag, Hargeysa and Bari next summer - that is, if I can talk my parents into it. They're not too keen on my going alone, given my Somali.

Maakhiris have a big problem, they never return home. I'm going to Hargeysa next year, its extremely expensive traveling in cars you have to get your own car and driver cause from Hadaaftimo to Badhan you end up spending 20/30 USDs and its a 2 hr trip on unpaved rough road.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm

usman-84 wrote:xamari naa iga leexo baan ku iri...ama wale you will cry like i make your men cry.. :up:

Lol@naa iga leeco.....whata qajac.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:07 pm

That is Nice video. The rough road indeed make the transfer of goods and services to opposite points harder.
I heard the Geeldoora Road from Badhan to LaasQoray will be paved. All it needs now is concrete asphalt. From Erigavo to Badhan, that is tough and long one.
I am going to New Boosaaso and visit our new Hotel there.

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Bosaaso is alright, I prefer Hadaaftimo over it.

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 pm

ire. wrote:Badhan :heart:

Ire, there are so many Maakhir families and individuals from Diaspora who have returned to their ancestral homeland and started something positive. I can say with certainty that they are loyalists to our political movements and also the main drivers of new projects.
During the war between the SNM and Warsangeli, I was told Arab-speaking Maakhiris came home and died for their motherland. I swear their stories and well-known and documented.

I believe if we are united behind one leader and form our own state, Maakhiris will be highly motivated and they will come in droves to participate the reconstruction of our land. Unfortunately, we are torn in between the demands of two clan-entities, which only create hostilities within us because the leader who is championing the flag of Somaliland will get support from his own kinsmen. The same scenerio is true on the other opposite end.
It's like we are hostage to the maintenance of our own unity but how long shall we remain patient to our own self-serving leaders and neglect the things that are most important to our interest. Despite all of this, our region is still one of the most thriving economies in Somalia and people's per capita income is higher relative to other regions like Bari, Nugaal, Mudug, Togdheer and Sool.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.