Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arriving in Badhan

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Arriving in Badhan

Postby oldenglish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Xamari_76
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Arriving in Badhan

Postby Xamari_76 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey ive been there!..So you actually did go huh..

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Oh wow. What time during the day is this taken?

S-D-M
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Postby S-D-M » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Amethyst is a violet variety of quartz often used in jewelry. The name comes from the Ancient Greek a- ("not") and methustos ("intoxicated"), a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from drunkenness; the ancient Greeks and Romans wore amethyst and made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication. :lol: :lol: wiki

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Amethyst is a violet variety of quartz often used in jewelry. The name comes from the Ancient Greek a- ("not") and methustos ("intoxicated"), a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from drunkenness; the ancient Greeks and Romans wore amethyst and made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication. :lol: :lol: wiki
lol. Aww, Mr. Movement himself wiki'd me, now how cute is that? Yep, Supposedly I Keeps em sane and sober, all while bling-blingin. :mrgreen:

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:40 am

Hey ive been there!..So you actually did go huh..

Ofcourse I went to Maakhir.

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:41 am

Oh wow. What time during the day is this taken?
I arrived a little earlier then Magreb.

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:10 am

1 Did you actually record this video from your trip?

2, whats with the coughing in the car Swine flu?

3, What an OLD Truck you hired to badhan it sounded like helicopter..

Sida kale badhan was looking ok, but it did remind me of Sudan's Sahara Desert :lol: the place is dry as hell, but the actuall Town was looking big :up:

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:16 am

Sida kale badhan was looking ok, but it did remind me of Sudan's Sahara Desert :lol: the place is dry as hell, but the actuall Town was looking big :up:

Me and my translator caught the cold in Erigavo its around 12/17 degrees during the day and 4/5 at night. I didnt do Badhan any justice off this video but all my footage are not ment to be uploaded or shared with people online. Deforstation and drought hit the region of Maakhir hard, this summer it was dry. Badhan is Maakhirs 2nd largest town and its outskirts including the town makes it Maakhirs largest.

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:24 am

Your right, this is the worst Summer to go back home, with no rain for months and the worst Drought ever in Sanaag-sool and Togdheer and the rest of North..

So that Video was recorded around 5 am in the morning, i bet you guys slept over in the middle of no where :lol: coz that what the truck drivers do and then Enter the Town in the early morning...

Old... Didnt you record anything from Ceerigabo?

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 am

Your right, this is the worst Summer to go back home, with no rain for months and the worst Drought ever in Sanaag-sool and Togdheer and the rest of North..

So that Video was recorded around 5 am in the morning, i bet you guys slept over in the middle of no where :lol: coz that what the truck drivers do and then Enter the Town in the early morning...

Old... Didnt you record anything from Ceerigabo?

No it wasnt 5 AM it was around 6 pm before sunset. The drought was bad but during this time its the hottest, but Maakhir has million tuulos outside the large towns so its not necessary to sleep in the middle of nowhere unless you travel far away between large towns, probably Erigavo to Burco. But towards Bari there are a lot of villages where cars stop.

I have Erigavo, but I need to edit it since they repeat names if I were to upload it. I actually met this mayor these kids here kept boasting about. But none of the footage will be posted yet online.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:10 am

Me and my translator caught the cold in Erigavo its around 12/17 degrees during the day and 4/5 at night. I didnt do Badhan any justice off this video but all my footage are not ment to be uploaded or shared with people online. Deforstation and drought hit the region of Maakhir hard, this summer it was dry. Badhan is Maakhirs 2nd largest town and its outskirts including the town makes it Maakhirs largest.

Did you say translator? I thought you were Somali?

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:12 am

I'm Maakhiri Arab speaker.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 am

I'm Maakhiri Arab speaker.

So you're Arab from Maakhir not Somali?

usman-84
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby usman-84 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 am

oldenglish why dont u tell everyone the time the cisman maxamud clan slapped up the warsangelis in majiyahan... :mrgreen:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.