Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This Azania state that was formed is illegal and anti Somali

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

This Azania state that was formed is illegal and anti Somali

Postby Coeus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:43 pm

This Azania state was already planned 2 years ago, for those of you that remember. In the wikileaks documents taht was leaked it specifically told us that Kenya planned something that was called "jubbaland initative". They discussed this intensivly with Meles Zenawi, and he told the Kenyan officials that it would never work.

Of course Sheikh sharif didnt know jack shit about this, nor did anyone else in the TFG.

According to my opinion i believe the TFG is infuriated that Kenya went along and discussed something serious like this with meles zenawi but not with the TFG. And that somehow violates Somalia´s soverignty.

This whole "90 days" to move the Nairobi UN offices is really about eliminating Kenyan influence and Leverage over Somalia. Among other things of course.

What is your opinion?

Here is a thread i made about the issue way before Jubbaland was formed: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=260989

What is your opinion?

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: This Azania state that was formed is illegal and anti So

Postby James Dahl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Farmaajo and a lot of Marehan politicians are being pretty hypocritical. I don't see how Ethiopian-installed Jubaland is any more legitimate that Kenyan-installed Azania.

The only local government actually formed by and established by the local people is the Islamic admin in Kismayo, yet the only thing everyone can agree on is that that admin has to go. :lol:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Farmaajo and a lot of Marehan politicians are being pretty hypocritical. I don't see how Ethiopian-installed Jubaland is any more legitimate that Kenyan-installed Azania.

The only local government actually formed by and established by the local people is the Islamic admin in Kismayo, yet the only thing everyone can agree on is that that admin has to go. :lol:
James Dahl that was by far the smartest statement I have seen on this forum. Islamic admin in kismayo is the only administration which is all inclusive and has the support of the people. Thank you for highlighting this point.

Faranacab
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Faranacab » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 pm

The troubled transitional government was founded in Embagaati 2004 with the help of Ethiopia and Kenya. When it comes to legitimacy the TFG it self will be in question. And Sherif has only four months left to do anything. Basically there is nothing much he can do to stop Azania, but if he does, consider that he did a favor for Alshaabab, and Ethiopia.

I am just surprised to see Farmaajo being latest tool used by Alshabaab and Ethiopia with out much effort... :lol:

Archerr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I think you are standing under me If you don't under-stand me.

Postby Archerr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Not that I care about Farmaajo but when did he or any other so-called Marehan politician ever mention Azania anywhere? I don't recall them ever doing that and it is unfair to label them hypocritical for something they have never done. I may missed something so please refresh my mind if I am wrong.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Not that I care about Farmaajo but when did he or any other so-called Marehan politician ever mention Azania anywhere? I don't recall them ever doing that and it is unfair to label them hypocritical for something they have never done. I may missed something so please refresh my mind if I am wrong.
Not directly, it was the information minister that criticized it publicly, http://www.hiiraan.com/news2/2011/Apr/s ... zania.aspx

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm

The information minister is Dhulbahante and the problem between TFG and Ghandi started before Farmaajo was even named prime minister.

Archerr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I think you are standing under me If you don't under-stand me.

Postby Archerr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Well you could have said the TFG instead of saying a lot of Marehan politicians above because the information minister as far as I know is a Dhulbahante and not Marehan. Other than Farmaajo the TFG does not even have a single Marehan individual in the current cabinet.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Well ok let me rephrase: The TFG is being pretty hypocritical in backing an Ethiopian proxy over a Kenyan one on their own territory, and Marehan are being shortsighted in allowing themselves to be an Ethiopian proxy and endorsing this action.

I mean, Somalis only recently kicked Ethiopia out of Gedo and now they're back?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.