Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

51 Al-Shabaab Youth Fighters Surrender to TFG

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
UlteriorMotive
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

51 Al-Shabaab Youth Fighters Surrender to TFG

Postby UlteriorMotive » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:36 am

Somalia's security agency on Monday displayed more than 50 al-Shabaab fighters, mainly youths between 8 and 20 years old, who surrendered to Somali forces in Mogadishu.

Ibrahim Omar Aden, the spokesman of Somali security agency (CID), confirmed the young men surrendered to the government within the last three days and that they will be taken to a rehabilitation center.

“In the last three days we have received 51 young boys who were al-Shabaab fighters. We welcomed them with open arms because they are our generation,” Ibrami said.

The fighters complained of lack of food and forced marriages during their time with the Islamic militants.

“We belonged to al-Shabaab for three years. I joined in 2008 as part of the the particular group of assassination (Amniyad). I operated in many parts of the country, but recently I was in Mogadishu,” said Mohamed Ali Id, one of the youths who surrendered.

“We decided to give up because we have experienced many problems. Our leaders of al-Shabaab want us each to marry at least four women. Also, we didn't get any food when we were at the frontlines," he added.

This is the largest number of al-Shabaab fighters to surrender to the Somali government within a week.

Ulinziguy

Re: 51 Al-Shabaab Youth Fighters Surrender to TFG

Postby Ulinziguy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:42 pm

[quote][/quote] :clap:This is the end of alshabab.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Our leaders of al-Shabaab want us each to marry at least four women.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pmfaraajo

Postby pmfaraajo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:30 pm

they should killed them all. i hate jehadest.

Xamud.

Postby Xamud. » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:37 pm

Our leaders of al-Shabaab want us each to marry at least four women.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely that can`t be the reason why they left :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluelovelady
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby bluelovelady » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

"Also, we didn't get any food when we were at the frontlines," he added." :D No wonder they left. But still I am glad they left. That is good news. :clap:

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:18 pm

It's all fun and games until the leaders tell you to marry 4 wives.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.