Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too many reer waqooyis in xamar

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Too many reer waqooyis in xamar

Postby Siciid85 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Regardless of the economy growth in the south.Doing business in Hargeysa is ranked among the highest in growing democracies in Africa,Somaliland has a
total monopoly on the livestock trade in Somaliland, Somali galbeed and elsewhere. Furthermore Somaliland has strong choke on the xawalaads, factories and
recently telecommunications, that is where real money is made not some makeshift villages in Gedo.
Last edited by Siciid85 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Abdiwahab252,

All the Darood elders in Xamar held events for Him, voted to endorse Him and Puntland's Gov gave a statement approving of Him. Excluding the emotional Transformer, thats the general consensus. A Marexaan PM is no threat to Puntland, as We are happy not jealous of Puntlander's success :up: :up:

Sagaashan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sagaashan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 pm

PO, its not fertile lands and rivers that create things, but human capital. in this regard Somaliland is well ahead of the average Somali, not counting the diaspora. There are about 2-5,000 college graduates in Somaliland every year. Im sure this is a classical case of supply and demand, Somaliland doesn't have the capacity to employee all these newly educated folks so there best bet is to run to Somalia and work for NGOS, government sector, private firms, or if lucky or smart enough become employers. the secessionist have been successful at fueling the instability of Somalia through the secessionist niqaabi shabaab, lets see if they can reverse that by sending their best educated ones, preferably their women :steviej:

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Somaliland has a total monopoly on the livestock in Somaliland.
That didn't even make sense. :lol:

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Khalid is naturally an instigator, he does it without even thinking but my good friend Khalid is never sly with it so it is also ineffective. Abdiwahab on the other hand wasn't trying to instigate, having an MJ be PM today would make him feel better today having gone so far down in his competition with Abgaal.

Both however were not sincere and were trying to pit one Darod against the other. At the end of the day Saacid took a Darod seat and he took it because he is Darod.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Coldoon "Livestock trade".

Sagaashan i think by now Perfect_Order already knows that, it is about human resource not a riverine area surrounded by a desert and worse of
all inhabited by a incapable people.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 pm

having an MJ be PM today would make him feel better today having gone so far down in his competition with Abgaal..

He was actually more dissapointed than any MJ could have been. Nothing that bothers me more than people who don't have a bone in a fight, being so passionate about one side. For instance I could care less who emerges and gains something between Abgal/HG at the end of the day there both Hawiye to me :lol:

Sagaashan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sagaashan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 pm

coldoon, siciid is partially correct, the port of Berbera has effectively under price the Boosaaso port and attracted the livestock from the kililka, that is what the faroole tour of kililka was based on. It was the right time for Faroole to use the 'kab-and-lax tol'ayeey' to woe them back. and the kililka is the #1 livestock exporters.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 pm

What world is Sagaashan living in? Some mythical lala land? How many people from Somalia are in colleges in Somalia (the professor himself ran a university), in neighboring countries (my youngest abtiyaal though living in Beled-Xaawo went to school in Mandera, Kenya and the oldest is enrolled at Kenyatta University--he is not the only one, my cousin;s brothers also from Beled-Xaawo went to secondary school in Mandera and now also at University of Nairobi), are in outside the region (I bet there are more Marehan kids graduating high school and university just in the US per year than the entire qualified people in Somaliland---and let's be real college/university in Somaliland is like high school in US), etc. What human capital? We are talking about Somalia here were investment and opportunities will most likely be fueld by diaspora and with enterprises they are not just going to get into because they can read and write! :lol:

Sagaashan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sagaashan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 pm

What world is Sagaashan living in? Some mythical lala land? How many people from Somalia are in colleges in Somalia (the professor himself ran a university), in neighboring countries (my youngest abtiyaal though living in Beled-Xaawo went to school in Mandera, Kenya and the oldest is enrolled at Kenyatta University--he is not the only one, my cousin;s brothers also from Beled-Xaawo went to secondary school in Mandera and now also at University of Nairobi), are in outside the region (I bet there are more Marehan kids graduating high school and university just in the US per year than the entire qualified people in Somaliland---and let's be real college/university in Somaliland is like high school in US), etc. What human capital? We are talking about Somalia here were investment and opportunities will most likely be fueld by diaspora and with enterprises they are not just going to get into because they can read and write! :lol:
I had the courage to read through and stop there :snoop: and i am the one living in lala land :steviej:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Lol @ reducing it to democracies in Africa. Did you not see this topic by Khalid Ali?

viewtopic.php?f=245&t=315504

Out of the 183 economies measured, and remember that there are 193 countries recognized by the UN, Somaliland is on the bottom of the list. Now, I'm not saying that Somalia would rank higher, so calm down. :lol: , and please don't mention livestock one of your largest industries other than remittances, the south just needs a little stability before it puts you out of business. There is only one factory that I'm aware of and that is Coco-Cola. If there is a lead, the question is, can you keep the lead?

Sagaashan, your delusional bro, it is fertile lands and rivers that is the basis of growing an economy. Once you can be self-sufficient in your domestic food output, then that opens the door to being an importer, and increased population. Somalia can sustatain a population of 25million by just the Jubba rivers bro. Also, Somaliland only has that many students graduating because their primary and secondarly education is shit, less than 10 % of the youth even attend school bro. And then the unemployment is like 70% for the youth. It's very bleak economic conditions. Also, I believe that more students graduate from higher learning institutions in war-torn Somalia than Somaliland, so if you look at brain capital, then south Somalia has that advantage, not to mention larger density populations.

Sagaashan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sagaashan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 pm

having an MJ be PM today would make him feel better today having gone so far down in his competition with Abgaal..

He was actually more dissapointed than any MJ could have been. Nothing that bothers me more than people who don't have a bone in a fight, being so passionate about one side. For instance I could care less who emerges and gains something between Abgal/HG at the end of the day there both Hawiye to me :lol:
its fair to say after being bruised severly, AW sought solace in Keydmedia :russ:

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 pm

There is about two or three schools in the entire Gedo region and this kid is talking about graduating lol. If you had so many "graduates" as you put it,
Gedo wouldn't haven't been the butt joke of Somalia.

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 pm

-and let's be real college/university in Somaliland is like high school in US
You are too generous. First, you mentioned "Somaliland" by name, then you used an imaginative "State" in the same sentence as the World's super power, US.

union
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby union » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 pm

-and let's be real college/university in Somaliland is like high school in US
You are too generous. First, you mentioned "Somaliland" by name, then you used an imaginative "State" in the same sentence as the World's super power, US.
I thought you were going to talk about somaliland universes being compared to American high schools.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.